Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that there is only one message in the vBulletin software. We can modify it, but we can't create a different message for greening vs. redding ("spread the love" and "spread the hate").
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

i was wondering if you considered adding the Flash Chat. i saw That the Dj forums which are also runned by vBulletin had a flash chat and i thought it would be cool to have one on Gateworld.

have you considered it?

I AM THE REAL BEN 10

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman chuck View Post
        i was wondering if you considered adding the Flash Chat. i saw That the Dj forums which are also runned by vBulletin had a flash chat and i thought it would be cool to have one on Gateworld.

have you considered it?
        It believe it has been considered but rejected due to the near impossibility of policing it. If people in the forum generally behaved themselves it might be possible, but that simply isn't the case, unfortunately.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

add to that that AIM and YIM and MSN all have free chatrooms, folks can simply start their own room and chat to their hearts content without being tied down to one specific program
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

can someone please open the gemini episode thread in smallville?

Comment

Offhand, does anyone have the code for strikethrough? Or is it disabled in on this forum?

Comment

[strike ] words! [/strike ]

but without the space between the "e" of strike and the close bracket

words

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                  can someone please open the gemini episode thread in smallville?
                  Opened

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                    [strike ] words! [/strike ]

but without the space between the "e" of strike and the close bracket

words
                    cool, are there any other codes that arn't on the control bars of reply box??
                    Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by ebethman
                    Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                    Originally posted by Bray
                    *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Speaking of tags (and yes, I know this is a Darren or Greg thing), will we ever get rid of that rather random button which is meant to represent spoiler?

And can we get one added for strikethrough (since it was brought up)? Maybe something like or or even
                      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 18 December 2007, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Speaking of tags (and yes, I know this is a Darren or Greg thing), will we ever get rid of that rather random button which is meant to represent spoiler?
                        Seeing as how I went through the effort of creating the ! button image and adding it to the interface to make spoiler tags easier, I don't see removing it.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        And can we get one added for strikethrough (since it was brought up)? Maybe something like or or even
                        Well, strikethrough strikes me as a rather obscure and rarely-used editing option, in the grand scheme of things. I'd have to be talked into it.

Comment

Is there a chance of getting a virus from Gateworld ??? I got an "index.php" page listed on the virus report of my PC a couple of days ago.

Comment

No, I don't know of any way it would be possible.

Comment

what does a black dots near your name and location mean it said disabled reputation, what does that mean if i may ask?
                              sigpic
                              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

the reputation system is a, well not really a grading system, but the basis is supposed to be, someone likes something you say, they click on the little scales on your post and 'give you green' which is a positive + points. If they don't like it, they 'give you red' which means they take away one point.

theoreticaly, the longer you are here, the more people can like your posts and can give you 'green' which are points. the more points you get, the more green boxes you get, like you see by some folks names
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X