Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Stargate forum? In that case, report any questionable posts and the mod team will be notified post haste.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Actually, every post of his/her (and I searched through all of his recent posts, they're all pretty much the same) is all "report post-able"...IMHO he's a troll (but then, I'm not a mod).

I guess what I'm getting at is, I think he's "qualified" for a little Moderation.

EDIT: He's also the only poster I know who has a red block as his rep (except for those "I want reds!" experimental usernames). There must be a reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
        hmmm, not really. 120 imgaes is a lot, but it's not like you capped every frame so that people could watch it.....
        Yeah, I try to make sure that I only cap cool-looking stuff and I try to make sure never to cap the same kind of scene twice (like Jack and Woolsey just sitting around. It gets old fast).

Comment

Goodness, that is a fairly serious problem.... which I have no idea how to solve! I looked at your profile and I don't see any immediate reason why you'd be having this issue.
          Unfortunately the best I can do is refer the problem to Darren or Greg.
          Weirdest thing, for three, four days, I couldn't do a darn thing, I couldn't answer any pm or respond to any messages - and now it's working fine.

I did notice that on the lower left corner of the status bar that "transferring/connecting gateworld" message was flashing when the editable response/text box turned gray.

If it happens again, I'll take a screen cap.
          sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
          Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, how does a peron get a personal avatar with post under the required number?

I know of one that does.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
              Just out of curiousity, how does a peron get a personal avatar with post under the required number?

I know of one that does.
              Are you talking about me? Blink, blink, Sel and Helena exchange innocent looks.

Hopefully Darren won't mind me answering this.

Recently, Darren asked for volunteers to beta-testing Gateworld2.0. You're looking at one of those souls that spent a few weeks kicking the heck out of GW. For thanks, he gave us the ability to have a personal avatar.

Oh mods? I just had another example of the non-editable response box. Please see attachment. It was originally white then went grey. I couldn't edit it, so I waited a few minutes, came back - still couldn't get in as it was grey. Ended up retrying and it worked.

I think it might have something to do with what I circled.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by qksilver99; 25 November 2006, 10:43 AM.
              sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
              Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Is report working?

I reported this thread for being in the general section when I thought it should be in the ep discussion thread. Nothing happened, so then I reported it for not having a spoiler in the title for season 3, the thread is discussing The Return pt2 but people are not using the tags. If it is to remain in the general section surely they need to have the title change to include spoilers or they need to make sure they use the tags.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...636post6033636

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Is report working?

I reported this thread for being in the general section when I thought it should be in the ep discussion thread. Nothing happened, so then I reported it for not having a spoiler in the title for season 3, the thread is discussing The Return pt2 but people are not using the tags. If it is to remain in the general section surely they need to have the title change to include spoilers or they need to make sure they use the tags.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...636post6033636
                  Merged

Comment

I've been wondering about the pics that appear under the words "Gateworld Forum" above. One that I particularly enjoy has Chris Judge, Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping - Chris and Amanda are on either side of Michael and are posed in sort of Charlie's Angels poses.

I was also wondering about the pic that Tricia Helfer is in. She's standing next to someone (can't make out who it is) and Beau Bridges is also in the picture. What is that from?

How many different pics are there?!?!?!

Thanks in advance!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                      The pic with Tricia Helfer in is from the SciFi Friday special that aired (I think) just before Season 2 of Atlantis on SciFi channel in the US. It has all sorts of behind the scenes stuff from SG1, SGA and BSG. The picture with Tricia in is taken from a clip in the show where she turns up on the SG1 set to say hi to Ben Browder (who she has worked with before) and he introduces her to Beau Bridges (that's who's in the picture with her) who asks her to say hi to Eddie (Edward James Olmos) for him and waves into the camera saying "Hi Eddie!"

Hope that answers at least one of your questions!
                      Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
                      I've quoted what these guys have said, but to re-iterate (again), please do not post answers in here if you are not a mod. *stern*
                      I know sometimes we don't have the answers instantaneously, or we may not know them, but we do not want this thread being inundated with chat.
                      If you know the answer to a question, and are desperate to share the information either PM the person who asked, or possibly a mod, who will then post the appropriate info (with a nod to you for providing it).
                      And please don't take offense if your post gets deleted, even if it is the most helpful thing ever, it's just that once one person starts posting answers it becomes a free for all, and besides, we have a "Members helping members" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by qksilver99 View Post
                        Oh mods? I just had another example of the non-editable response box. Please see attachment. .... I think it might have something to do with what I circled.
                        Yup! We've been grousing about it in the "Possible problem with Gateworld Ads" thread. AdrianneP noticed that it was linked to the Star Trek ad. I haven't had the problem for the last couple of days, though.

Comment

I've quoted what these guys have said, but to re-iterate (again), please do not post answers in here if you are not a mod. *stern*
                          I know sometimes we don't have the answers instantaneously, or we may not know them, but we do not want this thread being inundated with chat.
                          If you know the answer to a question, and are desperate to share the information either PM the person who asked, or possibly a mod, who will then post the appropriate info (with a nod to you for providing it).
                          And please don't take offense if your post gets deleted, even if it is the most helpful thing ever, it's just that once one person starts posting answers it becomes a free for all, and besides, we have a "Members helping members" thread.
                          Ooops! Sorry! Got over-enthusiastic in my desire to be helpful. Thanks for the reminder.
                          sigpic

Comment

Move, lock, nuke, trash bin, whichever, please:
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...44#post6040744
                            Last edited by FallenAngelII; 27 November 2006, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I'm just popping on to ask about the missing post problem people are expirencing. I posted a post that had nothing that could be seen as offensive and was also on topic, but it has disappeared or been removed etc. Why is this

Please reply, much appriated
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I don't know if the report a post already is functional normal but could a mod please make this into a poll: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37931

thank you very much!!

Comment

Working...
                                X