Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many posts do i need before i can upload a custom avatar? and why arent custom avatars available from post 1?

Beauty in vulgarity, Passion in madness

Comment

is the report post button working

Comment

Originally posted by draconic View Post
        how many posts do i need before i can upload a custom avatar? and why arent custom avatars available from post 1?
        somewhere around 2000. they are meant to be a reward for those that stay and play and keep the forum going, thus are given to people that actually participate in the forum

Originally posted by Adria View Post
        is the report post button working
        apparantly it is. i woke up to reported posts this morning
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

For Darren/Greg

I sent this thread to my friend and he was told he needed to regrister to see it, was this an error or not?
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

There were some glitches and Greg had to temporarily disable guests ability to access the forum so he could fix them. That means only registered members can access the forum. However, it appears that guest access is enabled again (unless the part of the main page where it says that there are guests viewing the forum is wrong)so your friend should be able to view it. If not and the guest access is still disabled then it's just a matter of waiting until Greg has fixed what he needs to fix.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
              There were some glitches and Greg had to temporarily disable guests ability to access the forum so he could fix them. That means only registered members can access the forum. However, it appears that guest access is enabled again (unless the part of the main page where it says that there are guests viewing the forum is wrong)so your friend should be able to view it. If not and the guest access is still disabled then it's just a matter of waiting until Greg has fixed what he needs to fix.
              I think that number shows the amount of guests trying to view the forum, because I just logged out and I couldn't view anything.
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Then it's just a matter of giving Greg the time to fix the glitches the caused him to disable guest access in the first place. He hasn't given a time frame for that so it's just a matter of waiting.

Comment

what happened to the political discussion thread? Did we need a "time out"?

Comment

Yes it's on a bit of time-out right now and we'll put it back when and if we feel it's ready.

Comment

I'm having a problem with disappearing posts. I'll post to a thread. My message appears. When I go back later, my message has gone. This doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough to be noticeable. None of my postings have broken 'terms and conditions' or 'site rules' in any way, so it's not a case of a mod removing it for some reason. Besides, on other sites a poster is informed if one of their posts is removed for some reason.

Most recent example. I posted to this thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37710 My posting was number 6, right after PG15. I know I hit 'Submit Reply' and not 'Preview Post'. I know my posting was 'accepted' because the thread showed up as having new messages in 'My Controls'. However, when I looked at the thread, my posting was nowhere to be seen.

This has been going on for some time. It's happened at least twice in the past couple of days and it's really starting to bug me. Can anybody tell me what's going on?
                      C-D
                      Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

How bizzare! I checked the thread and your post doesn't show up at all - not even as a "deleted" post (which the mods can see)... I can only hope than Darren or Greg stops by and can explain this rather random and frustrating occurance

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is there a timeframe for people to upload new fanfic stories and/or chapters? When will that be active again?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi dudes and lady-dudes

um...I just wrote 3 huge paragraphs for the thread on the new BSG ep 'Hero' and it wouldn't let me post it, so I cut all of it and closed down gateworld, then I came to the google homepage only to find that it wont let me access gateworld. I wait...2 hours later...I try again...I finally get onto GW and go back to the thread and right click after beginning a new post...and I cant paste anything...um...damn...

just to let you know how badly I suck at this. But I liked the 3 paragraphs I wrote, they weren't stupid or pointless like so many other posts I've made....(starts crying)
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, is there a timeframe for people to upload new fanfic stories and/or chapters? When will that be active again?
                              Unfortunately no we don't have a timeline for you.

However, Darren is working diligently when he can in between all else life throws at him trying to figure out just what the problem is with our FanFic uploader. It apparently is not an *easy fix* so it will be taking some time. We are sorry for the inconvienence and know that many here love the fanfic section, writers and readers alike

So as soon as we can tell you something we will
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                                Hi dudes and lady-dudes

um...I just wrote 3 huge paragraphs for the thread on the new BSG ep 'Hero' and it wouldn't let me post it, so I cut all of it and closed down gateworld, then I came to the google homepage only to find that it wont let me access gateworld. I wait...2 hours later...I try again...I finally get onto GW and go back to the thread and right click after beginning a new post...and I cant paste anything...um...damn...

just to let you know how badly I suck at this. But I liked the 3 paragraphs I wrote, they weren't stupid or pointless like so many other posts I've made....(starts crying)
                                I am sorry to hear you lost your *Post of the decade* I am not sure what is all happening just now...it would seem we are having a few wonky glitches for some and not for others.

If you find that you have to do something like that in the future.. you might want to actually paste the post into another document such as wordpad or MS Word, since I believe closing out the program you are cutting from can sometimes wipe the clipboard as well

Hopefully this will not happen again and you will not have to invest in more kleenex
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X