This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Would it be worth adding "Stargate" to the fanfic folder so that it would be abundantly clear to everyone that the fanfic folder is specific to SG? 'Cause while it's technically in one of the Stargate sub-forums and while the question doesn't come up too often, there does seem to be some hesitant confusion on the subject. Particularly since even the mods don't seem to be sure.
    at the time i said that i hadn't read the description on the main page, which does specify stargate fanfic.

we'll keep the splinter shows - and their threads - in the parts of the forum set aside for them
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      we'll keep the splinter shows - and their threads - in the parts of the forum set aside for them
      Frankly, I hadn't read the descriptor, either. I asked because the question has come up a few times and the answer is always, "Well, put it in the relevant folder and if it's decided it should be in Fanfic, it'll get moved." That says to me that whether or not the descriptor is there, not many people must see it because the question keeps getting asked and the answer keeps getting given. I can see how renaming it "Stargate fanfiction" might seem a bit redundant (and might not solve the problem anyway) but I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

Comment

Could someone put up the new Doctor Who episode thread "Love and Monsters" please, thanks
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          Could someone put up the new Doctor Who episode thread "Love and Monsters" please, thanks
          moved.

so does dr who air friday nights in the uk?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            so does dr who air friday nights in the uk?
            Saturday, I posted about 5 minutes after it finished.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Which forum/thread would be most appropriate for me to share a link to an SG-1 music video I've made?

Comment

Originally posted by The2ndQuest
                Which forum/thread would be most appropriate for me to share a link to an SG-1 music video I've made?
                We have a Specific thread just for SG music videos in the Fandom section
                Music Videos
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Might want to merge this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29860

into the original thread started earlier at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29859

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Might want to merge this thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29860

into the original thread started earlier at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29859

Thanks!
                    thanks for the change. out of curisoity, why doesn't the original title thread remain? i mean, so many threads begin with SG1 it's monotonous!

Comment

I was on a thread and I posted an idea for a third series. I logged off awhile later and when I logged on tonight I went onto the wrong thread and found that someone had posted an idea almost exactly like mine. He called it his. It was posted less than a day after mine. I don't mind if people want to use my ideas to write their own stories. But I don't like it when they say it's their idea. Just want a little advice about what to do before I say more.

Comment

Well ideas are just that...ideas. Unfortunately there is no patent on having ideas for a show. It's possible that this person may have based his/her idea on yours but then again it's possible that she/he didn't. There's no way to know for sure. If you want to broach the subject with the person then do so, in a polite and non-accusatory fashion but from a mod standpoint there is nothing to be done.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Has something happened to the Birthday icon link? You know the one on the main forum page which has the calendar listing all the birthdays for members. I can't see it there is this because we have no birthdays today? Or is it something I have done to not be able to see it?

EDIT: I am in Australia but on UK time/day settings (don't ask).

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                            i have a querstion is my thread going to be return to general discussion it got heavly spamed and i was wondering if it isn't going back can a start a new one

here the link Which enemy appeals to you more and why the Ori or the Goa'uld?
                            Well first I am going to point out for everyone's benefit that once a thread is posted it is no longer *anyone's* but Public domain. There is however an *On-topic* rule that does apply and that Topic is spelled ou out in the first post :0

I will review the thread now for compliance with that rule and any further discussion regarding this I will take into PM since the original question has been answered
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
                              Has something happened to the Birthday icon link? You know the one on the main forum page which has the calendar listing all the birthdays for members. I can't see it there is this because we have no birthdays today? Or is it something I have done to not be able to see it?

EDIT: I am in Australia but on UK time/day settings (don't ask).
                              I am seeing them ok so I am not sure if this is a gitch just for you or not. I will watch as I click back and forth and if for any reason it doesn't show up I will PM you.

You might want to check the Members helping Members thread to see if this could be a browser issue and anyone has made mention of it... If anyone out there does know of a browser issue PLEASE PM Willow's Cat Thanks

Comment

More duplicate posts in the news section

This thread

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29912

is a duplicate of the first post

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29885

Comment

Working...
                                X