ok another thing is my sig ok. does it go along with the rules
      size wise it's ok. as long as the file size is under 50K, you're fine
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
        ok another thing is my sig ok. does it go along with the rules
        It's perfect! (And very cool!)
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Just a side note (if I may): if you are in Internet Explorer, you can right-click a picture to see its size in bytes. To change that to kilobytes, just move the decimal to the left three.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
            Would you a new thread created around the poll, or the poll inserted into an existing thread?
            Oops sorry.

New thread please.

Comment

Did anyone answer my question? Well never mind for some reason it is working again. (May have been my re-subscribing to all the threads a new).

Comment

Hey guys...I'm wondering, what's the difference between this thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22110

And the Anti thread? Because I'm pretty sure I'm seeing the same things in both threads.

If you agree with me, can you merge them?

Comment

Looks like a different expression, from the same point of view. I don't necessarily see the threads as identical.

This would be a thread, however, where it is perfectly acceptable for fans with different opinions to discuss (in a calm, respectful manner ). The topic as created is not specifically for negative S9 views.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                    Just a side note (if I may): if you are in Internet Explorer, you can right-click a picture to see its size in bytes. To change that to kilobytes, just move the decimal to the left three.
                    aah, i didn't know how far to move the decimal. thanks for that
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Any chance of merging these two virtually identical threads (same subject, same thread starter, even mostly the same opening post)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4980568
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4981144
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I was just wondering why the Weir Wow Thread got renamed. There was a perfectly good reason why it was Weir Wow. The way it worked was that Weir Wow was for pictures of Weir and Torri/Weir Appreciation was for discussion about both Torri and Weir as well as photos of Torri (not Weir).

The new discussion thread confused things a bit, seeing as instead of being neutral territory for discussion, it seems to have been taken over by Torri fans and has replaced Appreciation. Very strange indeed.

Anyway, my point is that the older fans among us have a very clear idea of what belongs where, and renaming it is not only confusing, but almost makes Appreciation surplus to requirements, given the the new group have adopted discussion (Which IMHO is null and void).

Instead of messing about with thread names, why can't we stick with the formula that works?

Weir Wow: Photos of Weir
                        Weir/Torri App: Discussion and Appreciation of both Torri and Weir and photos of Torri in other roles.
                        Discussion: Neutral ground for discussion both positive and negative.
                        Last edited by Tracy Jane; 27 February 2006, 10:48 AM.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I must say that I do like the Weir discussion thread and I feel that it is necessary to have that thread. It should NOT be deleted nor merged.

Like Tracy Jane said, lets just leave the 3 threads the way they were, please.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            Any chance of merging these two virtually identical threads (same subject, same thread starter, even mostly the same opening post)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4980568
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4981144
                            done Thanks for the heads up
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I feel like a snitch, constatly in here complaining, but come on! Check the size of the sighttp://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=11003
                              Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                              look at the SIZE of that thing!
                              Last edited by The Signal; 27 February 2006, 11:35 AM.
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                I was just wondering why the Weir Wow Thread got renamed. There was a perfectly good reason why it was Weir Wow. The way it worked was that Weir Wow was for pictures of Weir and Torri/Weir Appreciation was for discussion about both Torri and Weir as well as photos of Torri (not Weir).

The new discussion thread confused things a bit, seeing as instead of being neutral territory for discussion, it seems to have been taken over by Torri fans and has replaced Appreciation. Very strange indeed.

Anyway, my point is that the older fans among us have a very clear idea of what belongs where, and renaming it is not only confusing, but almost makes Appreciation surplus to requirements, given the the new group have adopted discussion (Which IMHO is null and void).

Instead of messing about with thread names, why can't we stick with the formula that works?

Weir Wow: Photos of Weir
                                Weir/Torri App: Discussion and Appreciation of both Torri and Weir and photos of Torri in other roles.
                                Discussion: Neutral ground for discussion both positive and negative.
                                Well to my understanding the WOW threads are basically *Thunk* threads and well...WOW threads ..more in the line of *Fluff and most are for the predominant SG role and the actor/actress

Then we have a Weir/Torri *Appreciation* thread...this one if I am not mistaken has the distinction of being BOTH pictures AND serious discussion of Weir and Torri roles with *some* pictures but this thread has MORE Talk Less Fluff.

Then we have the Weir Discussion thread - this thread is for SERIOUS deiscussion of ONLY the Dr Weir Role. No pictures, no Torri, no major fluff.

So as far as I am concerned adding Torri's name only made the hundreds of already posted items regarding Torri in the WOW thread On-Topic. It hasn't changed anything with-in the thread in anyway, shape or form. Each thread still has its own flavor and brand of fluffy vs serious.

It is also the ONLY set of threads we have allowed this much latitude on just to be accomodating to all of the Weir/Torri fandom
                                Last edited by TameFarrar; 27 February 2006, 11:34 AM.
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X