Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Baggy for the links. I have bookmarked them for future reference, but I know Darren & Greg won't let it happen again, so we will not need them. (Excuse me, I have to go check out the pig that just flew past.)
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Apologies for the extended outage.

We undertook a physical datacenter move, which didn't go in any way to plan.

Everything should be hooting again now, however!

Comment

I recently joined GateWorld, and there's a thread I want to post on in the Fun and Games board. However, I can only see this board when I'm not logged into the site. When I log in, I can't access it and get a message to contact the site administrator. I tried that, but I haven't had a response.

Comment

It is possible emails from the Forum are currently down which is why the admins haven't been notified. I'll be working on this later today.

Comment

I'm in the United States and have been using Microsoft Edge as a browser for eons. Something has happened to Microsoft in general, so I tried Firefox but had problems there. So, I'm currently using Brave browser which has a built-in ad blocker.

Comment

Hi GW friends,

Unfortunately we've lost the last 7 days of post data due to a solar flare.

The last 4 weeks have been a crazy wormhole-extreme level migration of our servers in Silicon Valley that should be complete now.

Apologies for the continued outages and problems that came with this change!

Comment

Hi Greg,

That's okay about the outages. Just one of the things that comes from running and maintaining any website I suppose. I am however surprised by the loss of 7 days worth of post data. Is any of that at all recoverable?

Thanks.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Hi Greg,

That's okay about the outages. Just one of the things that comes from running and maintaining any website I suppose. I am however surprised by the loss of 7 days worth of post data. Is any of that at all recoverable?

Thanks.
                  Unfortunately, we copied the databases to a new volume last week (on the Monday) and had been running from that volume since. After the server was rebooted to conduct some maintenance today, that volume will no longer mount despite multiple attempts, and recovery procedures - so we've had to revert back to the previous volume. This is why all of the forum data has effectively stepped back in time.

Comment

I am suddenly constantly having to log into the forums when I visit, even though I have the REMEMBER ME checked. Just thought you should know

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post

Unfortunately, we copied the databases to a new volume last week (on the Monday) and had been running from that volume since. After the server was rebooted to conduct some maintenance today, that volume will no longer mount despite multiple attempts, and recovery procedures - so we've had to revert back to the previous volume. This is why all of the forum data has effectively stepped back in time.
                      Thanks for the quick response. That's a shame about that weeks worth of info being unmountable into the forum again. There have been some ups and downs with the site recently but I sincerely hope for you and everyone else behind-the-scenes of this wonderful site that you all have a smoother time running things from here on out.
                      Thank you all for the work that you do.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                        Hi GW friends,

Unfortunately we've lost the last 7 days of post data due to a solar flare.

The last 4 weeks have been a crazy wormhole-extreme level migration of our servers in Silicon Valley that should be complete now.

Apologies for the continued outages and problems that came with this change!
                        Hey, you can not be blamed for Solar Flares, or wayward wormholes.
                        Only seven days of posts lost, that is not a big deal.

Every forum has to keep up to date, and every iteration of new programs/systems comes with faults/problems, it's the nature of the beast.
                        And on the bright side, Geeky Wraith & I have to stay with the site longer to try and reach our goal in the "Smilies - count to 22,222" to make up for the 7 days we have lost.

Just keep on keeping on with your good work & one day there will be no more glitches to fix.
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

It shall be known as the great epoch of 2023 where we all dreamed of that time when March finished and April began

Comment

I just had to log back in. I do not think the REMEMBER ME setting is doing its job

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

WE TRAVELLED BACK IN TIME!!

Just saying... good to see the forum back! Thanks Greg!
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Reposting this issue, since someone mentioned it during the 7 days of posts that were lost.

GateworldIssue3.jpg

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Working...
                                X