Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be a browser hiccup? Do those show up as ok when you view this post?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm talking about the Jack smilie that is also used as a post icon. It's the one above these and before this . All other Jack smilies are fine.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I see what you're talking. On my screen it shows a broken picture Jack and next imoji is Teal'c

Comment

Gotcha and thanks to you both!
          In the "post reply" options I see the same thing you do.Taken a cap to send Darren.

New glitch: tried to view the last page - and the link dumped me onto pages posted to from 2012.

**If any Member is trying and failing to access threads,profiles etc and can't get a post through to this thread or the one for the VB5 upgrade then drop a pm to me or Sky ,or e-mail Darren at the webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net addy.**

If possible give us the thread link you tried to follow or a cap.

Comment

Did Gateworld have an outage the other day, Friday I think it was, because it seemed like it was down all day that day?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Yes.I think it lasted approximately 24-36 hours this time round.502 and 524 Server errors were the ones I kept seeing.Not sure what others saw.

Greg got us back up and running,so all gratitude due to him for putting the server hamsters back on their lil wheel and our collective apologies to all of you inconvenienced as ever!

Comment

There's gonna come a day that this place ain't coming back at all... we need a back-up.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hmm I just noticed my signature (which was an image) is gone, and the signature editor is blank...it was from the same source as my avatar...so that is not broken..is this feature temporarily unavailable or completely gone?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkenLycht View Post
                    Hmm I just noticed my signature (which was an image) is gone, and the signature editor is blank...it was from the same source as my avatar...so that is not broken..is this feature temporarily unavailable or completely gone?
                    I just noticed mine is gone too, but not until I saw your post. I noticed there was a brief outage one day this past week, I think it was Sunday, but it didn't last long, so maybe that had something to do with it.
                    Last edited by planet_tv; 07 August 2021, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Hi DL and planet_tv!
                      I can see the same things as you've found.Also a lot of signature boxes just state "sigpic" in place of the members' actual image.

Passed this along to Darren to see if it's connected to the outages or whether a template is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                        Hi DL and planet_tv!
                        I can see the same things as you've found.Also a lot of signature boxes just state "sigpic" in place of the members' actual image.

Passed this along to Darren to see if it's connected to the outages or whether a template is broken.
                        Thanks

I would like to note though that the issue with the sig just saying sigpic was there from when the forum changed software, I had that in mine as well until I used the new way of getting the image in, so maybe that has nothing to do with them gone now

Comment

Yep.Still a sig and uploader related issue though,so I let Darren know.

He's referring it all to Greg to check the cache and so on.

Comment

My signature has been gone for a couple of weeks. I thought it was just a fluke.
                            I guess it wasn't.

Comment

I have managed to restore as many of the signatures as possible, but standard <insert vbulletin gripe here> response is unfortunately i don't know why some of the signatures have gone walkabouts

You should be able to re-upload now, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                                I have managed to restore as many of the signatures as possible, but standard <insert vbulletin gripe here> response is unfortunately i don't know why some of the signatures have gone walkabouts
                                In my part of the world the summer vacation is happening... signature's need vacation too.

Comment

Working...
                                X