Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question of the day (because I haven't seen anything posted around here):

Do we now have a Baby Darren?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      Dumb question of the day (because I haven't seen anything posted around here):

Do we now have a Baby Darren?
      we do, but darren hasn't made the public announcement yet, so i won't say anything more than yes, we do have a baby and we'll have to wait for him to give all the nitty gritty details
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
          Hey mods, just thought I'd post this as I got on quickly: Do I get any new goodies with 600 posts?
          I'm afraid you have at least 200 more posts to go.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

yeah its 800 and you get i think an increased PM inbox ( from 10 - 30) and i think access to some more avatars. i think they include the 'bonus' main character and specific enemy's/ allies, instead of just thwe origional 'stargate enemies'. dont quote me on that though because im not totally sure.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Oh Great Moderators
              We have a thread in the Role Play section which does not belong to us.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20737
              We're not sure how we got it but, can it be relocated to someplace else? Please?
              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
              sigpic

Comment

I've moved it to the General Stargate Discussion folder.
                sigpic

Comment

funny it was always in GD then got moved to RP and then has to be moved back,wonder who done that?...
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

Getting database error a lot - the email address on the message is wrong it says something like [email protected]
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue
                      Oh Great Moderators
                      We have a thread in the Role Play section which does not belong to us.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20737
                      We're not sure how we got it but, can it be relocated to someplace else? Please?
                      Here's a question: Is the RPG folder open to everyone, or are only people playing Gen Blue's game allowed to post in there? I understand the whole issue of not wanting to confuse multiple games, but does that mean that NO ONE is allowed to play there if they aren't part of "the" game?

Comment

No the folder doesn't 'belong' to General Blue.

That said, it is the RPG folder, so if you're going to play there then you'll be playing in the games. And of course the off topic rules applies - if someone goes posting away in a fashion that mucks up the games then naturally that's not in keeping with the thread's topic/aim, therefore that poster would get modded.

If someone was going to start a new RPG game, then they're welcome to, but it would make sense to clearly mark the threads for that game so there's no confusion between the ongoing games.

The thread that was moved in there, then out again, wasn't technically an RPG. But then it wasn't quite right for General Discussion, nor was it quite right for Fan Fiction, nor does it fit in Fan Fiction...we moved it back to General Discussion while we try to figure out if there's an appropriate home for it.

Sometimes it just happens that there are threads that don't quite fit into any part of the forum. The RPG games used to be like that until Darren kindly created a folder to house them.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Here's a question: Is the RPG folder open to everyone, or are only people playing Gen Blue's game allowed to post in there? I understand the whole issue of not wanting to confuse multiple games, but does that mean that NO ONE is allowed to play there if they aren't part of "the" game?
                          Point of fact - it's not MY game. If it's anyone's, it's Colonel Sharp's. Thanks, Sharpy!

I'm not the original General Blue. That was Proxy Blue who developed the RP along with Colonel Sharp.

Just wanted to set the record straight. I didn't want to usurp credit where credit wasn't due.

Thanks for moving the thread. The creator didn't know why it had been put there either.
                          (Poor, homeless thread. )
                          Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                          sigpic

Comment

just want to emphasise that, proxy and sharp have set up multiple RP and have had other people in ( like me ) but its always been those two. even though i dont play i thinks it fair to say its proxy's and sharps game.
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                              If someone was going to start a new RPG game, then they're welcome to, but it would make sense to clearly mark the threads for that game so there's no confusion between the ongoing games.
                              I can understand that, but I think there's a difference between "Hey guys! If you're joining our game, here are the rules. If you're starting your own game, remember to keep it clearly marked so no one gets confused." and "Read our rules before you post here again."

And yeah, I thought the game was sharp's, but from the set-up in the RPG folder and the tone of the replies to the homeless thread, I suddenly wasn't sure.

Comment

i havea question for the mods:

what is GW opinion on firefox?, is it supported or is it not, becuse i have had many many problems with Gw ever since i switch and was wondering if it was a Gw issue or firefox.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X