This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    O.K I don't know where else to post this but it is driving me nuts!

When I click on the (supposed) last post to a thread it is taking me to the 6 or 7th page of the thread instead. Why? I have looked at my settings and they are the same way I have always had them. Is it a IE thing? Or a GW thing?

It has been happening for about three days now. The only thread/s it doesn't do it with are the ones I am subscribe to (which makes no sense).
    That's happened to me loads...and I've been left looking a bit of a fool, especially when it comes to a thread like the 6 Degrees one, where you are answering questions in a quiz. I cut a load of people off the other night...

At first, I thought it was a function of threads you'd already replied in or read, that it took you to the last place you were to pick up where you left off...but it seems a lot more random than that.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      That's happened to me loads...and I've been left looking a bit of a fool, especially when it comes to a thread like the 6 Degrees one, where you are answering questions in a quiz. I cut a load of people off the other night...

At first, I thought it was a function of threads you'd already replied in or read, that it took you to the last place you were to pick up where you left off...but it seems a lot more random than that.
      Haha how embarrassing it seems to happen more if I am on the GateWorld forum page (the one with the who's on line bit at the bottom) and I click onto a thread poster. Darn annoying and as I said driving me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        O.K I don't know where else to post this but it is driving me nuts!

When I click on the (supposed) last post to a thread it is taking me to the 6 or 7th page of the thread instead. Why? I have looked at my settings and they are the same way I have always had them. Is it a IE thing? Or a GW thing?

It has been happening for about three days now. The only thread/s it doesn't do it with are the ones I am subscribe to (which makes no sense).
        I'll pose your question for the tech guys.
        sigpic

Comment

^it could be that its set to go to the last viewed post, I know that sometimes happen.

On the subject of Mods, how about part-time ones

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
            On the subject of Mods, how about part-time ones
            The current mods are part time
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Part time ones? Well, at the moment we're all just on here when we can. Technically there aren't any full time mods, since this isn't a paid job, but something we do to help Darren out in between our real jobs, family, social life etc.

That's partly why the mods are selected from across various time zones, so that when one lot are going to sleep the others are waking up.

Mods are also selected from a variety of different 'parts' of the fandom. We're all stargate fans of course! Where I'm a Danielite, Shipperahoy is a Shipper (natch), Feli is a Jack fan, Mads is a Tealc fan, Skydiver is a hmmm actually not 100 percent sure! A gen fan perhaps? Anyway you get the drift.

Something that might be offensive to one type of fan, may not be to another, so we balance each other out. We often have very long conversations along these lines, so hopefully that reflects in the inclusiveness of the forum.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                Skydiver is a hmmm actually not 100 percent sure! A gen fan perhaps? Anyway you get the drift.
                She is a Sam fan
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Im a Stargate Fan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    She is a Sam fan
                    and an evil shipper.

haven't you been warned? i like that icky het stuff
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

One thing about the 'last post' not working. i've noticed a problem with the cookies lately. cookies are what tells the forum what you have and haven't read. I've noticed my 'not read' getting longer and longer and being mostly comprised of old posts

try, on the main page 'mark forums as read' and see if that helps.

it it isn't a lasting fix, if you do it once a day or so, then it should elminate 3 day old posts showing up as new ones
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        and an evil shipper.

haven't you been warned? i like that icky het stuff
                        I have read some of your fics
                        love Torri

Comment

OK I stand corrected
                          sigpic

Comment

You two should stay on topic!!

If you could choose anyone on the forum to be a moderator who would it be?

And dont answer the question with its Darrens choice, you have been warned

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                              If you could choose anyone on the forum to be a moderator who would it be?
                              I think S.G.C should be made an uber-mod
                              love Torri

Comment

Whats an uber-mod?

Comment

Working...
                                X