Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren, is it permissable for me to smite SPG for forcing me to learn something I had absolutely no desire to know?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Darren, is it permissable for me to smite SPG for forcing me to learn something I had absolutely no desire to know?
      hey alright! its been quite a while since anyone wanted to smite me! i think the last time was the last time i was in a catholic church.....

Comment

We do have control over ads. If you see an ad that violates forum rules (or GW's standards against overly annoying, flashing ads, deceptive ads, etc.), e-mail [email protected]. Posting here won't get as quick a response.

Butt paste ... I had that lovely little phrase burned into my brain when we recently went to do the baby registry at Target. They sell the stuff.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I have yet to witness the character limit error firsthand, but it is apparently a bug with vBulletin 3.5.0. Hopefully the next software update will include a fix, as there isn't much we can do about it.

In the meantime, I have disabled the character limit altogether. Hopefully that'll fix the error, and we won't see a bunch of annoying 1-character posts as a result.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
            We do have control over ads. If you see an ad that violates forum rules (or GW's standards against overly annoying, flashing ads, deceptive ads, etc.), e-mail [email protected]. Posting here won't get as quick a response.

Butt paste ... I had that lovely little phrase burned into my brain when we recently went to do the baby registry at Target. They sell the stuff.
            Thanks for that picture Darren; it will now be burned in my brain all afternoon as I try to work.
            sigpic

Comment

I have a question.... A fairly light hearted one though. How do you mods come up with such great ways to shut down threads? You always come up with a really impressive and well thought out post which ends the thread. Like check out the "who hates berman" thread or whatever it was called in the SF&F forum. Skydiver's reply was almost poetic!
              Last edited by Anubis69; 17 October 2005, 02:21 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Is there some problem with the "subscribe to thread" feature? For some reason, I can't subscribe to anything...

I select "No email notification" and click the subscribe button and nothing happens...

Also, when previewing a message before posting, clicking on the "submit message" button does nothing either. I have to scroll down to underneath where I type and click the "submit" button there.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The subscribe to thread feature is still buggy, but if you select "subscribe" from the additional options section when you post a reply (or do an advanced edit of a post), you can bypass the bug and get the thread added to your list.

Comment

The subscribe feature works perfect for me, i must be special
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      I have yet to witness the character limit error firsthand, but it is apparently a bug with vBulletin 3.5.0. Hopefully the next software update will include a fix, as there isn't much we can do about it.

In the meantime, I have disabled the character limit altogether. Hopefully that'll fix the error, and we won't see a bunch of annoying 1-character posts as a result.
                      now it says the post is too short by 1 character instead of 2.

Comment

Whats with the need for subscribing - I have never used it and I make my way around ok
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

I find it a lot easier. I don't necessarily want to scroll through dozens and dozens of threads in all the various categories looking for the threads I'm following.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                            Whats with the need for subscribing - I have never used it and I make my way around ok
                            I used it, and it's very useful.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have noticed though that the forum sometimes subscribes me to threads by itself
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

^ I'm getting subscibed to threads left right and centre, what annoys me is the lack of ability to subscibe to the threads that I want to subscibe to.

Comment

Working...
                                X