X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    This is a serious issue but I cant help myself ROFLMAO
    I too find it serious, butwhat I find even more funnier (if there is a word), it happens all the time at the SciFi boards.

Comment

That's how you know you've hit the mainstream? Your site gets hacked?

Guess Darren & Co will have bigger issues than our squabbles for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        That's how you know you've hit the mainstream? Your site gets hacked?

Guess Darren & Co will have bigger issues than our squabbles for a while.
        i've mailed darren. at least it wasn't something truly offensive or icky
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree, this is a serious issue

Sorry
          Last edited by Eoin; 12 October 2005, 11:00 AM.
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

You can still access the site - http://gateworld.net/index.shtml

*'ed swear words arent allowed Eoin
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

If anything, the domain name could have been hacked -- www.gateworld.net, but not the files on the sever itself. That's my guess. We'll soon know.
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                What I'd like to know, to get this thread back on topic, is if and when the issue with not being able to use the "subscribe to thread" feature is going to be fixed. Yes, there's a backhanded way to do it, but I want to be able to subscribe WITHOUT having to post or edit a post.
                I would like to know that too. I don't always want to post in a thread I subscribe to, I just want to keep up with it. Right now, if I don't post, I have to do a test post, subscribe, then delete the post. It works but it's rather irritating.
                sigpic

Comment

The subscription problem appears to be an issue with the new version of vBulletin. We'll have to look into it to see if there is anything we can do on our end, or if we'll just have to wait for vB to release the next update with a fix.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

GateAngel: I've split out your Gemini post to its own thread.

That's also apparently a bug in vB 3.5 -- sometimes the 2-character minimum limit is incorrectly applied to a post that has plenty of characters. I suspect that we'll be stuck living with it until a software update is released.

Comment

GateWorld takes hacking extremely seriously. It's not a laughing matter, unless you hate GateWorld and wish it was offline permanently.

Comment

User titles will stay as they are for the time being. Down the road we might opt to revamp the usergroups and promotion system, which in theory we could use in place of user titles (displaying "Royal Guard" as your usergroup on post headers, leaving user titles available for customization).

That would also allow us to create usergroup levels with more and more new features (avatars, PM space, etc.) enabled as you climb the ladder, rather than just the three levels we have now.

We may also opt to reserve custom titles as a special feature for paying members, should we ever jump into the realm of subscription.

Comment

The Horizon guys have custom titles for the same reason they have a dedicated folder and mods: GateWorld is essentially giving space for hosting their forum as part of our relationship. (Their own forum will be closing down soon.)

Comment

A curiosity:

Is a spoiler still a spoiler if the show it is reffering to aired several weeks or even a month ago?? How long does a spoiler have to age before it is considered common knowledge?

Comment

Because fans here watch the show at different times in different countries, everything requires spoiler warnings until it has run (and rerun) in U.S. syndication and passed into antiquity.

Right now, that means only SG-1 Seasons 1-7 are fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice
                                Is a spoiler still a spoiler if the show it is reffering to aired several weeks or even a month ago?? How long does a spoiler have to age before it is considered common knowledge?
                                I really, really, really don't understand why it seems to be so difficult for people to figure out Gateworld's spoiler policy. IT'S IN THE FAQ and yet even then people still question it.

Spoiler warnings are required for all episodes in the seasons: 1) currently airing in U.S. syndication, 2) airing in first-run on SCI FI in the U.S., and 3) in production. For SCI FI viewers, this is usually the previous, current, and upcoming seasons. (Visit GateWorld's SG-1 and Atlantis episode guides if you aren't sure which season the episode is in.)
                                If it's from last season, it's a spoiler.
                                If it's from this season, it's a spoiler.
                                If it's from next season, it's a spoiler.
                                If it hasn't aired yet, it's a spoiler.
                                If it aired last week, it's a spoiler.

I don't mean to take this out on you, Caprice, and apologies if it seems that way. But there seems to be a constant confusion on these grounds and even those who've read the FAQ don't always seem to understand it.

Of course, the most basic rule of thumb is, "If you think it might be a spoiler, tag it." It's better to be overly cautious than to risk ruining an episode for someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X