Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reason why I keep getting a error message telling me that the message I have entered when creating a new thread topic is too short and I have to add characters to it?

I've been trying to create a thread for this information:

2005 Gemini Award Nominations Have Been Announced and here are the categories and nominees for Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis. So far none of the actors from either series has garnered an nomination this year.

Best Writing in a Dramatic Series
    Martin Gero
    Stargate Atlantis
    The Brotherhood

Best Achievement in Make-Up
    Leah Ehman, Todd Masters
    Stargate Atlantis
    Before I Sleep

Best Visual Effects
    Michelle Comens, Mark Breakspear, Dan Mayer, Bruce Woloshyn
    Stargate Atlantis
    The Eye

Michelle Comens, Tom Brydon, José Burgos, John Gajdecki, Dan Mayer, Jinnie Pak, Wes Sargent, Bruce Woloshyn
    Stargate Atlantis: Rising

Michelle Comens, Krista McLean, James Rorick, Craig Van Den Biggelaar
    Stargate SG-1
    New Order Pt 2

James Tichenor, Shannon Gurney, Krista McLean, Craig Van Den Biggelaar
    Stargate SG-1
    Lost City Pt 2
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Who's to say Darren hasn't implemented that feature already? Maybe no one's reached the requisite mark yet.
      I doubt it - why would there be such a long gap - we havent had anything new for ages
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
        Any reason why I keep getting a error message telling me that the message I have entered when creating a new thread topic is too short and I have to add characters to it?
        Have a look at page 8, I had the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          Custom titles are disabled as they would have to be modded...
          How would that be any different from modding posts, rep comments, or sigs? Should Darren disable anything that needs to be modded?
          ...I doubt they will be done on request as then everyone would request a custom title
          If that is the case, isn't that a good indication that this is a feature that the members of the GateWorld forum want?
          You should know by now that the SGH people are 'special'
          What? Why are they more special than me? I understand mods/admins and cast/crew deserving of extra features, but why the SGH people? They're just posters like me, except they write fanfic.
          ...people would write stupid things
          That happens already!
          Last edited by Major Tyler; 12 October 2005, 06:07 AM.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I doubt it - why would there be such a long gap - we havent had anything new for ages
            Maybe that's why. People are moving up the ranks faster than he thought they would... which is why some numbers have been shuffled. Now he's gotta find ways to keep things interesting.

As for needing to mod titles... I doubt it. It'd probably fall into the same category as sigs and rep comments- as long as it doesn't breach forum rules, anything goes.

Comment

Only the mods have additional titles. Otherwise your title is according to your ranking. These are set per level - the more you post the further up the levels you go. It doesn't have anything to do with having to mod titles. It's just the way that Darren has decided he likes to use that particular feature.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                Only the mods have additional titles...
                Not to be contradictory, but the Stargate: Horizon people (who are just posters like me), along with cast/crew and admins also have additional titles.
                Originally posted by GateGipsy
                These are set per level - the more you post the further up the levels you go. It doesn't have anything to do with having to mod titles. It's just the way that Darren has decided he likes to use that particular feature.
                I'm not questioning the what or the how of the rank titles, I'm just asking if Darren would be willing to change his mind about them. It has been some time since this new forum started, and maybe his preferences have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  Not to be contradictory, but the Stargate: Horizon people (who are just posters like me), along with cast/crew and admins also have additional titles.
                  I agree that they shouldnt be given 'special' status but thats what Darren has decided
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

I agree that they shouldnt be given 'special' status but thats what Darren has decided
                    I never said anything of the sort for you to agree with, and I'm not arguing about the decision that was made. I'm just asking Darren (not anyone else) if he would be willing to consider enabling the feature I described.

My intent in this request was not to attack the SGH people, I just want to be able to customize my rank/title. I have no problem with the SGH people in any capacity...they're simply an example of normal posters with the freedom to customize their title.
                    Last edited by Major Tyler; 12 October 2005, 07:48 AM. Reason: Editted out of respect for someone who deleted what I quoted.

Comment

I take it all back, OK? I have severe issues with the entire Horizon project, but whatever. Darren's site, Darren's perogative, I have no right to question his decisions.

The Horizon group gets their own mods because it's their own section and the RPG'ers don't get mods because it isn't theirs.

Custom titles... whatever. I don't want one, anyway.

What I'd like to know, to get this thread back on topic, is if and when the issue with not being able to use the "subscribe to thread" feature is going to be fixed. Yes, there's a backhanded way to do it, but I want to be able to subscribe WITHOUT having to post or edit a post.

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                        Have a look at page 8, I had the same problem.
                        Tried the trick, but it didn't work. I still got the message too short error thing (and I even tried adding more characters LOL)
                        ______
                        Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                          Hello Darren,

Is there any chance that you would/could enable the feature that allows posters to create their own subheading/rank, instead of having "Jaffa Fodder," Death Glider Pilot," "Super-Soldier," etc.? I've used this feature on other vBulletin forums and I love it!

It would be great for things like the RPGers who could put their character name below their handle, or for people in groups like my own F.O.R.D. to put "Member of F.O.R.D." or "RSF Fan" below their names.

I know this would mean getting rid of the Goa'uld themed ranks we have now, but I cannot think of anyone who is really emotionally attached to them. We already have the post-count to identify how active a member is, so the ranks are not fulfilling a unique purpose. Maybe the traditional Goa'uld ranks could be the default for people who do not choose a subtitle.

I sincerely hope you consider this enabling this feature. It allows your posters a greater deal of self-expression, and a greater sense of community and "ownership" in this forum. In my mind, the more people are allowed to personalize and invest in their online experience, the more they will appreciate and respect it.

I hope I've been convincing, and thank you so much for this amazing community.

Sincerely,
                          Matthew Tyler

EDIT: I've noticed that you have allowed some GateWorld members (such as the Stargate: Horizon staff) to change their subtitle, so I am curious if there is some means of requesting a custom subtitle in place now. If so, how do request that my subtitle be changed to "Director of F.O.R.D." (without quotation marks)?
                          Post Rank and Subtitle are 2 different things, like on my board I have a Subtitle of Commanding Officer and and a Normal rank based on my post count

my opinion: I like the rank system and subtitles the way they are except that i think that the Royal Guard rank and the Goa'uld Underling rank should switch places so that they make sense
                          Last edited by Col. Newman; 12 October 2005, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Hey, about my rpg point. I do not want to make another rpg, I was just curious.

Comment

I think you guys got Hacked cause the GateWorld main page now says

"SpyKids From Brasil ... contact: spykids.br[at]gmail.com "

ROFLMAO
                              Last edited by Col. Newman; 12 October 2005, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
                                I think you guys got Hacked cause the GateWorld main page now says

"SpyKids From Brasil ... contact: spykids.br[at]gmail.com "

ROFL LOL
                                This is a serious issue but I cant help myself ROFLMAO
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X