This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Do you have the "show your signature" box checked when you write your post? (I can't see your sig either)
    Just did as you were posting it. Assumed that it was a setting issue.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
      Just did as you were posting it. Assumed that it was a setting issue.
      Maybe you are being affected by that ongoing internet dispute of late. I was last week for three days. None of the images I had previously posted, or my sig, would show up for me, but others could see them.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/06/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Thanks, FP

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        Maybe you are being affected by that ongoing internet dispute of late. I was last week for three days. None of the images I had previously posted, or my sig, would show up for me, but others could see them.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/06/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Thanks, FP
        The only thing that i suffered from with the internet dispute is slower loads, that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
          The only thing that i suffered from with the internet dispute is slower loads, that's about it.
          I dont think I have been affected
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Is it not possible to put links to old threads in sigs, because I can't put links to two threads that had a last post a while ago but I can with a more recent one?
            sigpic

Comment

Awhile ago i clicked on the Show Forum Leaders link and it caused IE to use a 100% of my processor and i had to close all IE windows... I tried the link again after my CPU calmed down and the same thing happened. Can a mod please help me or is there something wrong with that link?
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                Awhile ago i clicked on the Show Forum Leaders link and it caused IE to use a 100% of my processor and i had to close all IE windows... I tried the link again after my CPU calmed down and the same thing happened. Can a mod please help me or is there something wrong with that link?
                I'm not a mod but this is your fault. It loads slow for most people, including me, because the site is so large. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  I'm not a mod but this is your fault. It loads slow for most people, including me, because the site is so large. Hope this helps.
                  No offence but I dont see how it is my fault, i have a 3mb BB connection which should load it up faster but it freezes...my computers specs should be far more than enough to handle it(it shouldnt freeze)...in other words i dont think its my computer or my connection...
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                    No offence but I dont see how it is my fault, i have a 3mb BB connection which should load it up faster but it freezes...my computers specs should be far more than enough to handle it(it shouldnt freeze)...in other words i dont think its my computer or my connection...
                    The large data file required by the View Forum Leaders button usually causes Internet Explorer to crash. The problem is attributed to the physical size of the data file (because there's 11,000+ members here at GW) and the way Internet Explorer handles the loading of extremely large data files (very poorly).

Comment

There doesn't seem to be anything we can do about this IE issue, so I would recommend that IE users either: 1) stop clicking that link!; or 2) get Firefox. It rocks a good deal.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

The "View Forum Leaders" button works fine in FireFox. It just takes about a minute to load. w00tness! I'm in the Officer's Class! It seems that Internet Explorer doesn't like handling large data files, so take Darren's advice and stay away from the "View Forum Leaders" button unless you have FireFox.

Comment

Usually IE hasnt crashed but seems crashed because xp goes into 'crash mode' too quickly - usually IE is just still loading the page
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Hi guys new to the site and I'm sure this one has been asked before but does anyone know if we will ever meet the furlings?

Comment

Originally posted by Undertaker666
                              Hi guys new to the site and I'm sure this one has been asked before but does anyone know if we will ever meet the furlings?
                              Welcome to the Forums.

This is not exactly the right place to ask that question. This thread is for asking the moderators for general help or telling them about an issue you are having. There are many threads discussing the Furlings in the "General Discussion" section of the forum.

(To answer your question: More than likely, we won't be meeting the furlings any time soon.)

Comment

Dear Moderators,

I've noticed for awhile now there are some people who don't seem to understand the proper etiquette of posting pics. For instance, some posters leave the images in their quote, or they don't shrink oversized pics. Is there a way we can crack down on this? Do you need us to inform them by PM-ing them, or is it better if you Mods do you it?
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X