Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've really been surprised and disappointed by the really vicious, really uncalled for comments that are being posted to our blogs. Wow, those kinds of responses wouldn't be tolerated here on the forums, why should they be on the blogs?

I'm not saying all comments should be sweet and nice, but you should rethink allowing anonymous comments and maybe even set some policies for comments. Before our bloggers leave us in disgust. I know, the tradition of the blogging world is that it's a free-for-all, but wow, it is getting ugly out there. I'm pretty disappointed in our fandom!

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      i dont have an ignore list, and i have lot of buddy here, is there a way to view everyone on my buddy's list? or my rep point history? i hate only seening the top 10 or 15.
      oh congrat on the new post editing , the quick reply one is great for me as all my post are basicly QR's
      i don't think so, on both of your questions. Your buddy may look and see if there's some way to export his/her buddy list so that you can access it.

Rep history just fades away. NOw at one point you could see more, like the last 20 or so. That was changed in the past few months and is up to darren how much you can see. So that question is better suited to him.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ravinia
        I've really been surprised and disappointed by the really vicious, really uncalled for comments that are being posted to our blogs. Wow, those kinds of responses wouldn't be tolerated here on the forums, why should they be on the blogs?

I'm not saying all comments should be sweet and nice, but you should rethink allowing anonymous comments and maybe even set some policies for comments. Before our bloggers leave us in disgust. I know, the tradition of the blogging world is that it's a free-for-all, but wow, it is getting ugly out there. I'm pretty disappointed in our fandom!
        yep. we are aware of that. However, at this point in time, the settings are fine with the bloggers. Should one of them complain about anonymous posts or want it turned off, i'm sure there's a setting that can be used.

Basically, we here are just doing what the bloggers want. If they want settings changed, we'll change them (as much as the software permits). If not, well we're not trying to censor folks and, well Joe (and company) are big boys.

They come here, and are aware that not all may welcome them warmly and, not to sound callous, we'll only protect them as far as they want to be protected.

I can appreciate that some find the comments rude and uncalled for....but that's just the way some posters are.

sigpic

Comment

I dunno, Skydiver. While I respect that our bloggers are all big boys, I still think that the common rules of courtesy which are enforced here on the forum should be extended to the comments in the blog. Ya know, prohibit minor stuff like telling people they should die and if not removing profanity, at least extending the filter to * it out. All of Gateworld is supposed to be PG, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I dunno, Skydiver. While I respect that our bloggers are all big boys, I still think that the common rules of courtesy which are enforced here on the forum should be extended to the comments in the blog. Ya know, prohibit minor stuff like telling people they should die and if not removing profanity, at least extending the filter to * it out. All of Gateworld is supposed to be PG, right?
            i honestly havent' been reading the comments but, personally, if folks are being that rude, then yes, it's something to be brought to darren's attention and see what he thinks.

Lord only knows that i've disagreed with the writers once or twice
            but, at the end of the day, it's thier name on stuff, not mine... and i think death is just a wee bit harsh for writing something that people find 'bad'

I'll send darren a message and see what he thinks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
              Gateworld's Forums & Website both have multiple redundant Tier1 providers, including Cogent & Level3 (Site) so you shouldnt really have any issues..
              Well...one would think that you of all people would know certainly...
              ...BUT...
              as I myself was unable to access the GW Home page until the very issue that FP quoted was resolved yesterday, I must politely disagree with your assessment.

Comment

I've boosted the Rep comments display on your control panel to 25.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Regarding blog comments: In short, there are no posting rules beyond what the blog owner and myself will tolerate. The forum is an entirely separate "entity," and the code of conduct doesn't cover both.

Our guest bloggers know that the blog is theirs, and that we can disable anonymous comments (or even all comments) if they want us to. We're really a service provider to them, so I am extremely cautious to go deleting comments or modding in their comment threads.

Comment

26 i have this one rep point which has a huge picture as the comment its massive and i have to scroll for about 30 lines to get past it, is there anyway to not that, anything you can do?
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

oh and where are these blogs?bive never heard of them and i been on here 6months
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      11000! green me

Comment

I can delete the entire comment, if you'd like.

Folks, please don't put pictures or HTML in Reputation comments.

Comment

GateWorld currently has four guest bloggers: Joseph Mallozzi, Ivon Bartok, James Bamford, and Rainbow Sun Francks.

http://blogs.gateworld.net/

Comment

yes please do! i was gunna PM u bout it but thought that it was private and uncontrolable or somin ( i talk to david and he was vauge ect)
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              GateWorld currently has four guest bloggers: Joseph Mallozzi, Ivon Bartok, James Bamford, and Rainbow Sun Francks.

http://blogs.gateworld.net/
                              oh them, well they are geusts and stars they can say anything IMO!
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                                I can delete the entire comment, if you'd like.

Folks, please don't put pictures or HTML in Reputation comments.
                                Hmmm..I wonder who told loads of people that that was possible
                                Originally posted by immhotep
                                is there a way to view everyone on my buddy's list?
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/profile.php?do=editlist

If you want to keep a rep history copy them into a word doc every week or so
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X