Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to post a thread and couldn't as it said there had to be more than 2 words which there were. There was a thread where other ppl said they had the same prob. If I go back a page and then resubmit it works and I have to type the message all over again. I just wondered if this prob will go away or be fixed? Thx,
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Wait! 400?! Sweet! *runs off to check*
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Just wondering...

Is it just me, or are all the user-photos not working (in public profiles).

hmmmm.

~looks in mirror. Nope! My head isn't a white square with a red "X" in it! WHEW!~

AT
        thistledown
        sigpic

Comment

lol, for me there just weird fuzzy things, but I think it just shows that for people who havn't added one..
          sigpic
          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by thistledown
            Just wondering...

Is it just me, or are all the user-photos not working (in public profiles).

hmmmm.

~looks in mirror. Nope! My head isn't a white square with a red "X" in it! WHEW!~

AT
            Major net problems everywhere today:

http://blog.photobucket.com/

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Here is a better/direct link:

http://news.com.com/Network+feud+lea...3-5889592.html

That's why some of us can't access parts of Gateworld - it isn't a Gateworld issue.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Here is a better/direct link:

http://news.com.com/Network+feud+lea...3-5889592.html

That's why some of us can't access parts of Gateworld - it isn't a Gateworld issue.
                Gateworld's Forums & Website both have multiple redundant Tier1 providers, including Cogent & Level3 (Site) so you shouldnt really have any issues..

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                  Gateworld's Forums & Website both have multiple redundant Tier1 providers, including Cogent & Level3 (Site) so you shouldnt really have any issues..
                  hmmmmm, and all the sigs and avatars are working.....

AT
                  thistledown
                  sigpic

Comment

A question semi-related to rep points.

About 3/4 of the people on my ignore list are only on it because their signature is messing with the width of my browser, so I rather click on their posts individually. So today I noticed that I've been given (positive) reputation points from someone who is on my ignore list, and it would only show up under MyControls when I took the person off my ignore list.

Is this just the way vBulletin works, or did the mods/admins adjust it this way? I rather choose to ignore annoying people than start a fight with them but even if, I think I'd like to know if someone gave me a (bad) rep when he is on my ignore list. (And then I would also know why the amount of my reputation points is changing. I was getting paranoid. )
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                      lol, for me there just weird fuzzy things, but I think it just shows that for people who havn't added one..
                      Everytime the forum crashes or is moved to a new host - the pics get messed up the ones who never bothered reuploading have a fuzzy pic
                      Originally posted by sgeureka
                      A question semi-related to rep points.

About 3/4 of the people on my ignore list are only on it because their signature is messing with the width of my browser, so I rather click on their posts individually. So today I noticed that I've been given (positive) reputation points from someone who is on my ignore list, and it would only show up under MyControls when I took the person off my ignore list.

Is this just the way vBulletin works, or did the mods/admins adjust it this way? I rather choose to ignore annoying people than start a fight with them but even if, I think I'd like to know if someone gave me a (bad) rep when he is on my ignore list. (And then I would also know why the amount of my reputation points is changing. I was getting paranoid. )
                      I think its a vBulletin thing but instead of putting them on ignore you should use the report post feature to tell the mods that their sig is too big
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        I think its a vBulletin thing but instead of putting them on ignore you should use the report post feature to tell the mods that their sig is too big
                        Sorry. I should have mentioned that I've got all images and avatars disabled (gotta save bandwidth; besides I hate animated images) and that only the URLs get displayed (also in the sigs). Unfortunately, some users don't put a space between their images and I get this loooong line of URLs that makes the browser and all other posts in the thread look strange.

Here's an image of what Hatusu's posts would look like (I really hope you don't mind, Hatusu): http://hometown.aol.de/SGEureka/screwy_signature.JPG

(I know I could just disable signatures but since there are so few users who provide me with this problem, it's easier to just put them on ignore. I've nicely asked a few users if they could put a space after the URL but they didn't bother so I don't bother anymore.)
                        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I know how you feel. I gave up on sigs months ago, it makes reading threads so much more pleasant! And it's easy enough to check in every so often and see people's sigs, there are some really funny inventive ones out there (and a few that drove me absolutely BATTY, having to scroll past them every few posts.... ).

Comment

I just turn sigs off. It's a lot easier.

And yes, vbulletin's structure means that folks on your ignore list disappear off your rep points list, too. Probably because if someone's on your ignore list, they've done something to piss you off, so chances are you don't need the reminder why they're on ignore if they decide to neg you.

Comment

the ignore list is pretty inclusive. Put someone there and they pretty much just go away until you take them off.

If someone sees sigs that are in violation of gw's rule - larger than 200 tall, 700 pixels wide, 50K in file size, report them to the mods.

we try to catch the sigs, we really do....but there are a lot of threads, lots of people and only so many hours in the day
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i dont have an ignore list, and i have lot of buddy here, is there a way to view everyone on my buddy's list? or my rep point history? i hate only seening the top 10 or 15.
                                oh congrat on the new post editing , the quick reply one is great for me as all my post are basicly QR's
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X