This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir
    Why are some names white and some sliver now?
    vBulletin software upgrade. You can read about it here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18261

The hyperlink colors will be fixed if they aren't already.

Comment

Thx.
      sigpic

Comment

Howdy!

It used to be that when I posted then went to New Posts that I would see my post listed. Is it possible to set my settings back to allow for that?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
          Fourth: so it is ok for people who don't like what i have to say, to PM me and call me names and leave comment calling me names but it's not ok for me to retaliate?
          Correct -- it is not OK for you to retaliate. If you receive abusive PMs, forward them to a moderator for review.

Fifth: Wouldn't it just be easier to ban me from the OT area so I am not temped to run my mouth?
          We are here to enforce the rules, not to babysit you.

I have a vB board of my own so I know an admin can do it would only take ten minutes, just put me in a separate group that is not allowed in the OT section, presto done
          Frankly, at the moment you aren't worth 10 minutes. Besides, your offenses did not take place in the Off Topic Folder, so it would be pretty pointless. Moderation suspends your ability to use forum features you have abused, without moderator approval.

This will not be discussed publically any further.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Is there anything left on the update to allow ISP (like AOL or Compuserve) to have access to clicking on items? Currently, I can't select "Quick Reply" or any Smilies.

Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
              Um.. I don't know if this is the right place for me to ask this, but I looked and couldn't find anything so here goes...

I love the reconstruction and everything
              but I just have one problem, since it was done I haven't been able to get on here anymore
              I'm using ADSL broadband and it simply wont load the forum. The connection just times out, but for some reason it works fine when I'm on dial-up.

So I was just wondering if anyone knows what's going on? and/or (even better) a way to fix it?

Thanks
              I had the same problem after an automatic update of my operating system. I figured out a work around.

I connect to the Gateworld home page.

Then I right-click on the Forum link and select Open in New Window.

For some reason, the Forum works always fine with the New Window.

Comment

I have a question about my account.

I can't send reputation points. I click the scales and nothing happens. I suspect I have accumulated enough time and points to be able to do so.

Others have far less than I and I have received green from them.

I did attempt to search for answers on this subject but it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

If it is simply the case that I currently or permanently am unable to do this for some reason, no big deal.

Obviously this is a very low priority and I would appreciate any help or insight.

Comment

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime:

Try clearing your internet browser's cache. If you use Internet Explorer, Go to Tools > Internet Options > "General" Tab. Select "Delete Cookies" and "Delete Temporary Internet Files." Under "Delete Temporary Internet Files" it will ask you to "Delete All Off-Line Content." Select "Yes." Close Internet explorer and then re-open it. Note: This process will erase ALL cookies and off-line temporary internet content. That means if you have websites where you have the "Remember My username and Password" checked (so you don't have to enter them everytime you go to the site), you will have to re-enter that information. Not a big deal if you remember all your usernames and passwords. Otherwise, write down or find where you keep that information before proceeding with this process.

Hope that helps.

Comment

another thing that will temporarily stop rep points form working is if something is still downloading. such as if there are pics still downloading, the java script for the rep point box won't work until the whole page has downloaded

probably not accountable for every instance, but it is something i've noticed
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'd better double-check to make sure I have all my passwords first.

Thank you both. I will try it as soon as I can.

Comment

If you see the scales icon but nothing happens when you click it, something is probably interfering with the JavaScript event that opens the little pop-up window. In addition to clearing your cache, make sure that your browser has JavaScript enabled.

Also add forum.gateworld.net to your exceptions list if you are blocking pop-ups.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Also try pressing ctrl+f5 to do a hard refresh
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

To Darren or David:
                            Can we expect any new blogs, from the cast and crew of SG-1 and SGA, in the near future?
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello,

I was looking in the fan fiction section and noticed it was a little slow, only three topics being posted in today. So I thought that it could need a little...i dunno boost? Anyhow an idea I had would be some form of competition to be hosted in there. Maybe writing a fan fiction from scratch, or you giving people the start of a story and they continue it, or something to that effect. It could be really fun and there are alot of fic writers around so its bound to get alot of entries. Would GW ever consider doing a fan fic competition or something to that effect in the upcoming future?

If not, would it be OK for me to do some kind of unofficial competiton for GW posters in the GW fan fic folder? Though the prizes would be pretty basic and it would mainly just be for fun, could work

Comment

I tried posting a fic challenge a long while back and didn't get much of a reaction, but good luck to ya if you're game to try and rev up the section.

Comment

Working...
                                X