This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all bugs should be resolved.

I've had to temporarily change the friendly URL's off until a bug in lighttpd can be fixed with the rewrite and new post.

Comment

Hi, i understand that you need a screenign process to stop spammers, hence probie status. but to get off probie, you have to post things, and this can't be done without a moderators approval. My very good friend from RL, Alex, under the profile name Dhar Slaa is trying to post but as he is getting no results up, he's starting to lose interest i the forum, after being so excited in joining. Is there anyway of making sure his posts are approved, or somethign, before you lose yourselves a member? I can vouch for him 100%, as i work alongside him.

thanks
      G5
      Last edited by Stewart5; 26 April 2010, 07:15 AM.
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
        Hi, i understand that you need a screenign process to stop spammers, hence probie status. but to get off probie, you have to post things, and this can't be done without a moderators approval. My very good friend from RL, Alex, under the profile name Dhar Slaa is trying to post but as he is getting no results up, he's starting to lose interest i the forum, after being so excited in joining. Is there anyway of making sure his posts are approved, or somethign, before you lose yourselves a member? I can vouch for him 100%, as i work alongside him.

thanks
        G5
        If your friend just joined today, there has been updates and such going on that have not always allowed the Moderators to access the Forums at all times. However in the case of your friend, the only posts have been in the last hour and a half. Those are now approved.

It has been stated numerous times that Probies will have to have some patience at various times since the Moderators do have real Jobs as well and there is not always someone on with the time to review the posts within minutes of the new member creating a post. We ask folks that while on *Probie Status* they not participate in the Games Threads or in the RPG threads since their posts can take a few hours to clear.

If this is a problem for your friend then all I can say is ..my apologies for the inconvenience but it will be over in time if you just post as normal and have patience
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Maybe this is just happening over here, on my screen, but I can no longer see on what page in a thread I am... which is a bit annoying...

I mean that before the page-number was highlighted into a darker blue, but that's no longer the case... Is this one of the things that still need fixing?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Maybe this is just happening over here, on my screen, but I can no longer see on what page in a thread I am... which is a bit annoying...

I mean that before the page-number was highlighted into a darker blue, but that's no longer the case... Is this one of the things that still need fixing?
            mmmm no I am seeing everything fine and I have not had anyone else let us know this is an issue.

If other folks are please PM me

otherwise it might be you are just having a browser to forum glitch. I have those periodically
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
              all bugs should be resolved.

I've had to temporarily change the friendly URL's off until a bug in lighttpd can be fixed with the rewrite and new post.
              Please see the above as Greg made an UPDATE

He is still having an issue with the back end HTML editor so this could be why you are still experiencing the glitches you are

Comment

First let me just say A HUGE Thank You to all the folks who have PMed me ...thank you for following direction you have made life so much nicer in this thread

secondly -

UPDATE
                RE: The page number issue - it is not highlighting for the Forum as a whole and Greg will be aware of it soon

Unfortunately for us he is at this moment on a plane so it will be a while before he is able to look into this and the HTML Editor issue.

Please continue to PM us or post here if the issue has not already been addressed ....and we will try to keep you updated on the progress of these items

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                  I'm on IM with MandySG1 and RealmofX and both of them are having the same problem and have tried to clear cache and cookies without success. Any other advice?
                  Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Clearing cache & cookies didn't help but rebooting did the trick!
                  Finally Clearing cache and rebooting didn't help yesterday or this morning....but finally I got back on
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Finally Clearing cache and rebooting didn't help yesterday or this morning....but finally I got back on
                    i also have had problems getting on gateworld whats caused this problem?
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      YAY!!!!!
                      Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                      i also have had problems getting on gateworld whats caused this problem?
                      the updates do have to cycle through the server and *touch* each user It seems that we had many on when the Forum was shut down for the upgrade and they got caught in the vortex of our updating wormhole ...so as the system does its thing folks are being able to sign back on or log in after removing all the old junk....and giving the server/system time

Comment

Uhm. The reply buttons' text is off and user's data on the left, too.
                        sigpic

Comment

As above posted, the reply wording is all messed up...

sigpic

Comment

I'm working on template reversions and re-fixes following the "upgrade" to vBulletin 4.0.3.

Please use the "List of Tweaks" thread to report anything new. Thanks!
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

my database server upgrades finally went away on its own
                              it's so wonderful to be back!
                              Last edited by xxxevilgrinxxx; 26 April 2010, 01:40 PM.
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Hi
                                Question, did we get Customizable Profiles back with this update, or is that for a different one?
                                Thank you!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X