Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started a thread about this already, but I thought I'd ask here anyway...

Why can't I use animated avatars anymore? When I try to it says that I can't upload animated images.

The one I'm trying to use is 65x60 and 7.7kbs...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      I started a thread about this already, but I thought I'd ask here anyway...

Why can't I use animated avatars anymore? When I try to it says that I can't upload animated images.

The one I'm trying to use is 65x60 and 7.7kbs...
      Since your avatar is animated I'm assuming you found the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
        Since your avatar is animated I'm assuming you found the answer?
        Yes, I do.

Thanks again Darren!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          If you see the scales icon but nothing happens when you click it, something is probably interfering with the JavaScript event that opens the little pop-up window. In addition to clearing your cache, make sure that your browser has JavaScript enabled.

Also add forum.gateworld.net to your exceptions list if you are blocking pop-ups.
          Thanks for the info. I tried that and still haven't resolved this, but at least I have this information as a basis for trouble-shooting.

I think it's going to take me a while to isolate source of this problem, but at least I have a direction now.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Also try pressing ctrl+f5 to do a hard refresh
            That didn't work, but thank you and I'll keep that in mind as I continue to trouble-shoot this problem.

Comment

I thought one of the mods would like to merge these three threads...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18500

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12595

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...281#post109281

Dunno if there are any others, but I KNEW as soon as I saw the first one that I'd posted in a similar thread before.
              gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Hmmm...perhaps this post would be better in the "How to get a Good Rep" thread, but it isn't actually about GETTING a rep...

I'm afraid I might have given someone a red rep inadvertantly! I went to give a person a green and when the little box appeared I noticed it was already "set" to "I disagree".
                Does that mean I chose that the last time I gave rep? I don't personally give red reps, so it wouldn't have been on purpose.

Is there anyway to view the reps I've given? Is there anyway to "fix" it if that's what I did?

....obviously VERY low priority, and I'm very sorry if this should have been on the other thread!

AT

..PS
                love the redo! Little things are making me happy, like when I want to make a bit of text bold AND resized, I don't have to rehighlight. Nice touch!
                thistledown
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                  I thought one of the mods would like to merge these three threads...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18500

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12595

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...281#post109281

Dunno if there are any others, but I KNEW as soon as I saw the first one that I'd posted in a similar thread before.
                  merged
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I am lost. I read the FAQ and the ummm unofficial FAQ? in someone's LJ (sorry I can't remember the name now), but I still couldn't find how to start a new thread.
                    I did click on the new thread icon and also used the thread tools drop menu... typed the title, the text, put a picture (hosted in my Photobucket)... and nothing. It always says something like "The message is too short. Please write a message longer than 2 characters". *scratches head wondering*
                    I thought that maybe I should achieve a certain number of posts to start a thread; don't think it has anything to do with rep points... oh well, what's the correct way to do it?
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

I'm no mod, but I don't think that a picture counts as a "character", have you tried putting in a sentence talking about the picture? Or even a two-letter word?

Comment

Originally posted by Naughtrish
                        I am lost. I read the FAQ and the ummm unofficial FAQ? in someone's LJ (sorry I can't remember the name now), but I still couldn't find how to start a new thread.
                        I did click on the new thread icon and also used the thread tools drop menu... typed the title, the text, put a picture (hosted in my Photobucket)... and nothing. It always says something like "The message is too short. Please write a message longer than 2 characters". *scratches head wondering*
                        I thought that maybe I should achieve a certain number of posts to start a thread; don't think it has anything to do with rep points... oh well, what's the correct way to do it?
                        Thanks in advance
                        That's a problem that I had when trying to start a thread recently. Pressing 'back' (and praying that my post would still be there) then clicking 'submit' again worked for me. I can't see why it didn't work the first time, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                          That's a problem that I had when trying to start a thread recently. Pressing 'back' (and praying that my post would still be there) then clicking 'submit' again worked for me. I can't see why it didn't work the first time, though.
                          That did the trick!! Thanks Hywel!!

Oh and unowhoandwhy... of course I didn't post just a picture

Comment

Is there any way to get rid of the bright green flashing Playstation add that appears periodically at the top of the screen? It's as bad as the red flashing one that used to show up on Delphi and it's really messing with my eyes.
                            sigpic

Comment

help im have a big prob loging on to the home page of gateworld is theresome thing worng thank u very much
                              carter "colone?"
                              o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

do we get any new avaters i now have over 50 post and i do not see any in the avater part of my control thank u very
                                ps if we do when
                                carter "colone?"
                                o'neill "it,s my side arm, i swear. no giggling."

Comment

Working...
                                X