This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
    Would it be possible for the text box on the reputation point page to be enlarged?

If the purpose of the reputation points is to comment on a post, then it would be much easier to compose a comment if we weren't restricted to a tiny text box.
    You are not constrained to keep everything in that small box. You can write beyound it and it will just stream. If you need to make a correction you do need to move your cursor using the arrow keys
    I have paragraphs in my comments and I KNOW I have left two or three sentences in other rep comments. SO you can do it
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      You are not constrained to keep everything in that small box. You can write beyound it and it will just stream. If you need to make a correction you do need to move your cursor using the arrow keys
      I have paragraphs in my comments and I KNOW I have left two or three sentences in other rep comments. SO you can do it
      Yeah, thanks.

I knew that, but I suppose I should have been more clear.

I wasn't looking for "more room", I was looking for a "bigger window".

It's not a big deal. It's just matter of convenience.

Comment

I was curious:

Yesterday when i logged in, all the "Quotes" in a thread were presented in a blue-ish tinted box. Today all the quote boxes appear in a white, non-tinted box. I've noticed this happenign quite a bit over the last few weeks or so (one day, quotes are presented in the bluish boxes, the next day, white boxes). Is anyone else experienceing this?

Or is it just my computer being stupid again?

Comment

um, well, it's not something I'm experiencing... but it sounds familiar. Didn't we have that issue briefly at some point in the past??
          Darren will peruse this thread at some point and it is probably more relevant to him.

Comment

I have noticed that there are alot of un-official episode threads popping up minutes before, and sometimes after the official ones, could the episode threads come up a few minutes before the episode finishes?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
              I have noticed that there are alot of un-official episode threads popping up minutes before, and sometimes after the official ones, could the episode threads come up a few minutes before the episode finishes?
              they do most of the time. episode threads have to be manually moved out and we try to move them about 15 minutes before the end of the show (roughly. bear in mind, if i'm home friday night, i'm watching too)

however, every single week, SOMEONE, instead of pm'ing a mod and saying 'hey, can you move out the thread' takes it upon him/herself to start thier own

iif we put the thread out too soon, say even halfway thorough the episode, then it's quickly filled with chit chat and clutter and pretty much anything but actual discussion about the episode
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nightwing - you have not lost your mind
                Your thread has been created using the post you posted here
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Poll created. Is that what you wanted? If not just PM me with what you would like.

Comment

Add a spoiler warning to this thread:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23806
                    sigpic

Comment

The quote display box is still tinted blue.

No plans to expand the Rep comment field. If you want to compose a longer message, might I recommend a PM?
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                        The quote display box is still tinted blue.

No plans to expand the Rep comment field. If you want to compose a longer message, might I recommend a PM?
                        Okay, I suppose I could always paste from a text editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          Originally posted by Darren
                          Okay, I suppose I could always paste from a text editor.
                          Here's a compromise...compose the message in a PM window, then cut & paste it into the rep comment field.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

yep.

it's not a real word, so it'snot a real cuss word so it's perfectly usable
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

got a question here. I put an idea for an ep on this site. Does that mean I can't use this idea to write a real episode? After I get an agent I would like to send a script or two for consideration. I have already started this one. Should I continue or should I go onto another one? I have 24 ideas for eps, so its not a problem. I just really like the one i'm writing.

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                                got a question here. I put an idea for an ep on this site. Does that mean I can't use this idea to write a real episode? After I get an agent I would like to send a script or two for consideration. I have already started this one. Should I continue or should I go onto another one? I have 24 ideas for eps, so its not a problem. I just really like the one i'm writing.
                                Hmmm...legal questions like that probably should go to Darren. You can either wait until he drops by this thread, or you could PM him your question. The latter would probably be faster.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X