This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
    I had a really weird day today and would simply like clearification; Out of nowhere for about most of today and I think most of tohnight.... I only saw the notice of "Sorry, you are not authorised to view this page" across the entire forums, only place I could view if brief info of, was my profile page.

Was I the only one this happened to ? Did that pesky forum glitch come back ? {Like how it targeted somehow me and Susie a decade ago ?} Because I couldnt even get in here to ask what was up ?
    No that just happend to me as well, I could not even view my profile page. I logged out then and in again and now I can view posts and write as usual it seems...

Comment

Not sure what happened here. Greg has been doing some forum work in the background, but this sounds like a cookie / authorization token expired if all it took was a new login.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Glad it works again really, not sure what it was for me though as I never save cookies or stay logged in and it was the first time today I was visiting here
        I also noticed - not that it's very important though - that chrome does not display the stargate fave icon in the tab anymore for me just the globe that usually is there when a site has no such icon

Comment

In my case I did delete both cookies folders for the forum but it didnt work when I tried to log back in, so I figured it was because of that pesky glitch that hit us some time ago when a few of us got briefly banned because a thread got so long {600,000+ posts in a single thread!! }

I am glad to see it all fixed now

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by DarkenLycht View Post
            I also noticed - not that it's very important though - that chrome does not display the stargate fave icon in the tab anymore for me just the globe that usually is there when a site has no such icon
            Likewise happening for me too.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I've updated my avatar but it isn't showing up in forum posts. Still showing the old one.

Comment

I can see some colorful plants.Think that's the correct one?
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

yes, it's one of the Chihuly blown glass exhibits at the Desert Botanical Garden in phoenix.

Comment

Very nice indeed imo!

Comment

I have an issue. I have to use an ad blocker or anywhere I go on GateWorld the page(s) are distorted. My current ad blocker isn't working, and I've tried a few.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
                        I have an issue. I have to use an ad blocker or anywhere I go on GateWorld the page(s) are distorted. My current ad blocker isn't working, and I've tried a few.
                        For me I use uBlock Origin + Adlock; both work great

Comment

Using adblocks in theory should help lock out ad distortions but won't do anything to pin down the ads causing the problems ,and the ads will then continue unchecked till their rotation ends.
                          When this is a new or recurring issue take a cap of the pages affected including the ad itself then post them here or pm me so Darren can contact the ad providers with specifics.

Adblockers also need to be checked for updates too depending on the browsers/devices used.
                          Have to note that the ad providers are continually trying to get their ads past ublock etc.(FB being a good example where their sponsored ads are featured daily.It's possible to have their ads go away but there's a palaver to go through first to hide/report the ad.)

Be a good idea to manually recheck your browser settings regularly for updates too before changing your adblocks etc in case it's a hiccup.

Comment

Since this IS the Ask the Mods Thread I gotta ask

Does Baggie have a twitter ? If so, what is it ? {feel free to message me or leave a note on my wall if you want}

Comment

This is probably going to come up but a head's up... the Login option in the upper right corner is not visible in Chrome. I'm currently browsing on Firefox, but also checked in Edge where it is visible. Chrome is the only browser where the login option is not available.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks Falcon!

Chrome shows the login fine for me,and let me in ok,but I think what could be happening is adblock/ublock covering something large at the top of the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X