This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    we do try. but some of us are trying to avoid spoilers too, so sometimes it's hard to tell. My suggestion, if you see a thread with spoilers in the title, report it. Bring it to our attention so that we can edit
    Yes, but also please do us a kindness by not elaborating on the spoiler in exhaustive detail. I received PM from a person telling me a spoiler for a particular episode (that I had not yet seen) was in a subject line, and then preceeded to tell be why it was a spoiler, the events surrounding the spoiler, and how the show ended. I pretty much yelled at the screen. If you say it's a spoiler, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Could all posts by Sixth in the Role-Play forum be deleted? He's doing nothing but spitting hateful vindictives at Beale947 and is not a registered player. Thank you in advance.
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Okay this may be a Darren or Greg thing but since I'm getting ready to fly out the door to a rehearsal I'll post it here first and check back later. But under the private message box at the top right of the page it is reading I have 65,535 unread messages - LOL - it would take me yearssssssssssssss to get that many messages - oh and I did have two unread when I checked. Ro big deal other than some kind of forum glick
        Well someones a popular girl - seems the forum is being buggy again theres a guy who cant give rep to someone he posted in the 'Members helping Members' can you get Greg to look at that aswell please
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

things have been dealt with but again i urge folks, use the report posts tool please.

we all get a report of that and it gives us the direct link to the post, thread as well as what the reporter's issue is with it.

using that makes it easy for us to track things down rather than us having to go looking for it

i get reported posts directly in my inbox, i can follow the link and be there in minutes (presuming i'm online at the time)

reporting things in here does nothing more than take time cause you're depending on us mods seeing that there's new posts here, reading them then finding the thread in question.

report post feature is one stop shopping to bring matters to our attention
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

things have been dealt with but again i urge folks, use the report posts tool please.

we all get a report of that and it gives us the direct link to the post, thread as well as what the reporter's issue is with it.

using that makes it easy for us to track things down rather than us having to go looking for it

i get reported posts directly in my inbox, i can follow the link and be there in minutes (presuming i'm online at the time)

reporting things in here does nothing more than take time cause you're depending on us mods seeing that there's new posts here, reading them then finding the thread in question.

report post feature is one stop shopping to bring matters to our attention
            First thing i tried ... but the Forum's been playing up for me a bit today - I got an error message, and have no idea whether the report got through.
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              Well someones a popular girl - seems the forum is being buggy again theres a guy who cant give rep to someone he posted in the 'Members helping Members' can you get Greg to look at that aswell please
              That definitely sounds like a Darren or Greg question. As it might just be a glitch in the VB code for that person or something in his/her cache or a conflict. However, either one of them is going to know that better than I.

I do recommend that if a member has an issue with the Forum itself and a glitch of any sort that they post that question here since a Member can't always help but Darren or Greg can either answer or let you know if it is a Forum issue or User error.
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                First thing i tried ... but the Forum's been playing up for me a bit today - I got an error message, and have no idea whether the report got through.
                ok, thanks for telling us. we'll let greg know. we may have a bug in the system again and, unfortunately, never know it's broke until, well until folks tell us they use it and it doesn't work

sigpic

Comment

it does seem to be working now, i just reported a post and received notification of it

sigpic

Comment

it does seem to be working now, i just reported a post and received notification of it
                    It may just have been my computer playing up ... I had left it on and it had gone into hibernate. When Icame back to it, the internet was slow loading - and it was during that period I tried to report the post. When I restarted the computer, the internet was fine.

Tell you what, i'll report your post (above) and see if it goes through. If it doesn't it may be a problem with my account (I very rarely have to report posts).

EDIT: Ok - it works, and I apologise for filling your e-mail inboxes.
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Im wondering If GateWorld has a chat room, An IRC link or are looking for someone to host one for them

Also upon signing up to these forums, I have noticed that the scripts have been playing up. Just shown me the $e-mail and such codes.

-Ryan
                      http://splitreason.org

Comment

Originally posted by jonno

EDIT: Ok - it works, and I apologise for filling your e-mail inboxes.
                        don't worry about it. i'd rather have a false alarm than have something that needed to be dealt with ignored

sigpic

Comment

I know this has probally been asked but how do you become a moderator? Its by Darrens selection of course, but out of all the people on this fourm what decides it?

If you didn't realize I wouldn't mind being a moderator.
                          Last edited by Helo; 31 January 2006, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                            I know this has probally been asked but how do you become a moderator? Its by Darrens selection of course, but out of all the people on this fourm what decides it?

If you didn't realize I wouldn't mind being a moderator.
                            Darren is the Big Kahuna and his decisions are the final ones

However, if I am not mistaken possible people are discussed by the Moderating team and then Darren makes the final decision. Unfortunately since the Moderating Team was just increased I wouldn't hold my breath for there to be any openings too soon.
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

So is the "Furlings in season 10?" thread about a subject that is diverse enough to warrent not being merged with the ultimate furlings thread? (I couldn't decide to nominate it or not)

Comment

Like bishops and popes, the best moderators usually have to have mod powers thrust upon them. I can't say that volunteering to mod is a plus. But we won't be looking for any new mods for quite some time.
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X