X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post
    Greetings, Mods.

I have a problem that I'm hoping you can help me with.

When I come to GW, any thread, I'm getting a Western Union ad that completely fills the screen and won't let me do anything on the site until I close it. The first time it happened, it was just annoying, but now its gone beyond that to infuriating.

Bagpuss has my email, and if she's amenable, I can email a screen shot.

Grazi,
    FG
    Hi FanGirl,

Go to this thread and make a report, you can add screen shots, though you need to make sure they don't go over the pic limits.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/2...DETAILS/page44

We like to keep all the ad issues to that thread.

This is something Darren will have to take a look at.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Hey mods,

the past few days I've been having a problem when uploading an image in a post of mine. Every time I select a pic (from my computer) and choose 'upload' there's an error (a little red/orange icon). However, when I clear the list and try again, it works fine. It's not a really big deal since it still works but it's a minor annoyance and up until the past week it has never happened to me before. Just thought I'd share, in case some behind-the-screens changes are responsible or something.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Nothing's been changed or upgraded.

There's a long-standing problem with attachments.
        (Eg: the randomness where some attachments show as images ,and some show only as plain links in albums/posts,though they all still load to GW.)

Hopefully vbb will fix this soon!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Nothing's been changed or upgraded.

There's a long-standing problem with attachments.
          (Eg: the randomness where some attachments show as images ,and some show only as plain links in albums/posts,though they all still load to GW.)

Hopefully vbb will fix this soon!

Hey

I've been having this problem as well but was just wondering could it be resolved by using a different file type? I'm trying to upload some pics JPG format, and when I go to preview post it only comes up as a link, is it worth trying to change the format or is it still an ongoing problem?

Comment

You should be able to upload pics using these filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif in attachment form from your computer or your pic host ( eg Photobucket) to GW,but the problem seems to be commonplace ,not just confined to one format.

Sometimes you get lucky and the pic shows,but other times you just get the link.

Comment

I was surfing the Forums and noticed, that for some reason I am unable to open the newest Episode Thread on Grimm "Twelve Days of Krampus". Everything else works, that thread however refuses to load all Day now. Just letting you know in Case I am not the only one with that Issue.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

The thread's been open since last night,and several others have posted,so this could be a browser glitch.

Check your browser add-ons ,then if they're all up to date,clear your cache ,cookies & browser ,then try again using this link : Ep thread

Comment

The thread's been open since last night,and several others have posted,so this could be a browser glitch.

Check your browser add-ons ,then if they're all up to date,clear your cache ,cookies & browser ,then try again using this link : Ep thread
                  Thats odd. Your link worked, but I still cannot get in the normal way. I will try fumbling around with the configurations of my Firefox then. Thanks for the help.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

You're welcome!

If you're on FF 26, I know i had to update Shockwave Flash,if that's any help.If that plug in fails it can freeze ads and pages.

Comment

Is there by any chance a thread where one can just rant about random stuff that annoys you?
                      Last edited by FanGirl; 01 January 2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

There are several threads in OT Chatter.

I think the one most recently posted to is this one : Post a pet peeve

Normal forum rules apply.

Comment

There are several threads in OT Chatter.

I think the one most recently posted to is this one : Post a pet peeve

Normal forum rules apply.
                          Oh. If the normal rules apply then I'll pass cuz I've got some pent up rage to release. I'll just do it here...

frak

Comment

For what it's worth ,I hope your day improves!

Comment

For what it's worth ,I hope your day improves!
                              It didn't but thanks for the thought.

Comment

dear mod's when i registered on gateworld today i misspelled my username. its supposed to be comicnerd4 instead of comcinerd4. is it possible to change it to comicnerd4? thanks for your time

Comment

Working...
                                X