X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17930\

how would this apply to a series finale???`

do you have to wait a partically time frame before you can not use spoiler tags.

i have a bsg sigs i really want to use but it's a massive spoiler for the final 5
    any update on this???
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

We were wanting a couple more mods to weigh in and give me a date for the UK airing, but right now our thought is that spoiler tags must be used until a month after the UK airing.

I know this isn't perfect for the rest of the world, and if the Aussies, etc have opinions to express, please, let me know.

I know we have a lot of international people here but given that some countries won't get the finale for months there is only so long we can keep them on ice.

I'll keep you guys updated as our discussions progress
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have a CSI: NY Lindsay/Danny shipper thread in mind. Where would I put it?
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

The other CSI related threads are all in the Off-Topic section,so your Shipper thread would fit best in there.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            The other CSI related threads are all in the Off-Topic section,so your Shipper thread would fit best in there.
            Thank you!!!
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Y'welcome !

Comment

It seems our spammer is still busy...I got a PM today from someone called

incomingbh....

A link and a cryptic sentence. Yeah, as if that would make me click it.

Just to let you know they apparently changed their username.

Is this becoming a trend?
                sigpic
                I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up !

Just come in and banned them.They sent at least 2 messages that I know of,probably more.

If anyone else recieved a pm from them ,or recieve any in any other name, that seems iffy/contains unwanted links,don't click on the links,just report the PM or let us know asap.

Sky can erase all the pms they send from her Admin panel.

Comment

i went in and erased all the private messages they sent. i should have also set the probie status to being unable to send PM's.

apparently the spammers don't like that we dont' allow their post through and they've figured that they can instead blast our members with private messages. so, unfortunately, all probies will lose that feature.

our apologies to the real and honest people, don't blame us, blame the immoral and lazy idiots that spend their days harassing others

if more show up, please let us know. I'm not sure if hte changes are retroactive or not but i'm hoping so.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
                      Gosh, I feel 'honored' to of been the first 'victim' . Who did I piss off, eh?
                      You probably look gullible, SF.

Don't worry, I got one as well...Sky deleted it....at least it's gone now.

I wonder how long it will take for them to get the message that their stupid tactics don't work here.
                      sigpic
                      I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

they've tried again, so apparantly the PM block i working.

If you get more spam from anyone, let a mod know and we'll see what we can do to quash it.

we seem to have a very dedicated person that just keeps trying and trying and trying.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          We were wanting a couple more mods to weigh in and give me a date for the UK airing, but right now our thought is that spoiler tags must be used until a month after the UK airing.

I know this isn't perfect for the rest of the world, and if the Aussies, etc have opinions to express, please, let me know.

I know we have a lot of international people here but given that some countries won't get the finale for months there is only so long we can keep them on ice.

I'll keep you guys updated as our discussions progress
                          Well, why do you need such a sig in the first place? I mean, I know you can't wait months and months to talk about certain things and post certain pictures etc. , but people can navigate their way through the forum to places where they know they won't be spoiled. However, with sigs this isn't possible, so I think it's better to avoid major spoilers in sigs for a while, and not only until the USA and UK got the chance to see it. Anyway, just my opinion, but I've been spoiled a lot, and never really liked it, so I'm always being really careful, but if sigs will be able to spoil me, there's no point in trying anymore. Not that I want to deny anyone (and PA) his/her sig.

J.
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

there is an easy compromise...those that just HAVE to have a spoilery sig can tuck it behind spoiler tags

also, my 'month after the uk airing' is just a timeline we're discussing. I'm open to ideas or suggestions of other dates....within reason of course. For example, the Aussies may not get it for a year or two....we can only require them for so long. If someone wants to be 100% spoiler free, as i learned the hard way, you gotta stay off line.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              there is an easy compromise...those that just HAVE to have a spoilery sig can tuck it behind spoiler tags

also, my 'month after the uk airing' is just a timeline we're discussing. I'm open to ideas or suggestions of other dates....within reason of course. For example, the Aussies may not get it for a year or two....we can only require them for so long. If someone wants to be 100% spoiler free, as i learned the hard way, you gotta stay off line.
                              Well I think that's a good compromise, and one that's already in place. Wouldn't it be easy to apply the same spoilers rules everywhere, in the same manner. There are well established spoiler rules for SGA and SG1 and SGU, so couldn't those be used? That would be easy and transparent, I think. And, of course, I'm not aiming to stay 100% spoiler free. Anyway, it was just my .02

Another thing:

I'm still having problems deleting PM's. I'm referring to something I asked before, see this post.

Still working on it? Anyway, just wanted to know if there was any progress on that.

Thanks,
                              J.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

out of curiosity have the patches been applied yet that ere supposed to fix the errors ???

i keep getting the 'moderation message" and posts I've written take 4-5 times for just one of my post to go through i hit reply and the post doesn't show and i have to try more then once.
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X