This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That can happen for several reasons .
    Examples are where a thread gets moved into the OT Chatter section,or deleted ,and sometimes threads are taken away for a review by several mods ,then replaced in their original section (or a different one ) once the review is completed.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      I don't think GW will be doing/sponsoring any awards for tailoring
      (I couldn't find an emoticon with tears, lol)
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        (I couldn't find an emoticon with tears, lol)
        just to help you out
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I see answers...but where is the question ?

I think we need a clarification

Comment

I checked my subscribed threads his morning only to discover listed among them a certain ship thread to which I most certainly am NOT subscribed! Is it possible that someone has hacked my account somehow (given the thread in question), or is this just one of those little internet glitches?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              I checked my subscribed threads his morning only to discover listed among them a certain ship thread to which I most certainly am NOT subscribed! Is it possible that someone has hacked my account somehow (given the thread in question), or is this just one of those little internet glitches?
              it is probably a glitch that occurred. Just unsubscribe from it

unless you have a family member that may have popped on to be funny with you
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                it is probably a glitch that occurred. Just unsubscribe from it

unless you have a family member that may have popped on to be funny with you
                I did unsubscribe, as soon as I saw it... but I have no wonder about the coincidence when I find myself subscribed to the Ronon/Keller ship thread And no, my family aren't that funny
                sigpic

Comment

I did unsubscribe, as soon as I saw it... but I have no wonder about the coincidence when I find myself subscribed to the Ronon/Keller ship thread And no, my family aren't that funny
                  ahh well if you were at any time subscribed to the Ronon/Keller discussion thread that may be why. That thread was merged into the Ronon/Keller ship thread. So that might explain your newly subscribed status.

Glad to know it was easily fixable

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    ahh well if you were at any time subscribed to the Ronon/Keller discussion thread that may be why. That thread was merged into the Ronon/Keller ship thread. So that might explain your newly subscribed status.

Glad to know it was easily fixable
                    Aaaah! That explains it! I'm now off to question that decision in the appropriate place...
                    sigpic

Comment

Aaaah! That explains it! I'm now off to question that decision in the appropriate place...
                      That would be my PM box its not up for discussion anywhere else.

Comment

Hello there! Sorry if I bother you with a probably dumb question but I've looked and searched and couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

I've got a technical problem. I'm getting constantly logged out of the forum every few minutes or so. Nearly each time I want to post something I have to log in new first.
                        I'm getting the failure message about the server being strained and I'm probaby only guest-browsing (which I'm not of course).

I use Firefox for browsing and have no problems in any other forum with it. Even switching over to Safari didn't help. Do I have to do anything else to activate my account besides clicking the link I got with my registration?

I'd be very happy if you could help me or point me in the direction of someone I could ask instead. Thank you for taking your time.

Comment

I get the same problem myself,if I forget to click the "Remember me" box when I log in.

Try clearing the internet cookies,cache and browserin your comp control panel ..then go into your Firefox tools ,press "Clear Private data" then clear the Error console.

Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                            I get the same problem myself,if I forget to click the "Remember me" box when I log in.

Try clearing the internet cookies,cache and browserin your comp control panel ..then go into your Firefox tools ,press "Clear Private data" then clear the Error console.

Good luck !
                            Thank you very much! I tried it and it seems to work just fine.
                            I had asked myself about what purpose the "Remember me" box serves. Now I know.

Comment

You're very welcome.Happy posting !

Comment

Just to clarify Baggy's excellent answer. the 'remember me' box puts a cookie on your puter that doesn't expire that allows our servers to know who you are.

It's a common feature on most websites.

If anyone continues to have issues after checking the 'remember me' box, they need to look into their privacy settings and tell their browser to allow GW to put cookies on their computers
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X