Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason my post tally is stuck at 193. I have made several posts since then. And it hasen't moved past that number. Is there a problem with that feature???
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Any posts made in the Off-Topic Chatter section don't add into your post count.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Any posts made in the Off-Topic Chatter section don't add into your post count.

Okay that would explain why that happened. And why now I am advancing again!!!

Thanks!!!
        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Hi,

Trying to PM someone and they cannot accept PM's or it said they are not allowed to. I then tried to leave a comment on their page, but cannot. Can a member lock out PM's and comments as well?

Thanks!

B.G.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think they can disable the profile messages, however, if that person has you on ignore, i know pm's are blocked and it's possible that profile messages are too
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If I may I answer this. Under Edit Options in My Controls area, you have the option of both PM and Visitors Messages. You ahve to move down to the middle to see this.

Comment

Thanks Skydiver, sorted now ta.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=109

That's the kinda thing I mean; applying random formatting to one's own posts requires extra effort to be replied too.

Anyway, I've ignored two folk now - it's a real shame because I'd rather enjoy everybodys' input
                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

There's only so much of one's behavior that we can moderate. however, if the individuals that are doing this are only doing it to call attention to themselves, the more people that ignore them and don't respond might trigger some self-moderation, where that person, to gain the attention and interaction they want, alter their own behavior to something more in line with the general community norm.

sigpic

Comment

Good point. Sadly my (very polite) suggestion to a poster that she not write entirely in embolded pink was not well recieved.

To be fair, I guess most people either put up with it, or aren't bothered by it.
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

that's all you can do.

put up with it, or if you can't, put the person on ignore.

We moderate more for content than font color and style

sigpic

Comment

Hi,
                        When a thread is moved, is there a way to find out where that thread has been moved to?
                        Thanks

sig by Varda

Comment

you can search for it.

or if you know who posted in it recently, such as yourself, you can go into a profile and in the statistics pane, look for 'find recent posts by....' and use that to find hte thread

Most threads are moved with redirects, however those redirects often expire after a week

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            you can search for it.

or if you know who posted in it recently, such as yourself, you can go into a profile and in the statistics pane, look for 'find recent posts by....' and use that to find hte thread

Most threads are moved with redirects, however those redirects often expire after a week
                            Thank you, I will try that.

Has anyone considered making the redirect permanent or perhaps making the name of the thread a link to the new thread? Thanks again.

sig by Varda

Comment

the thing about perm redirects....we have hundreds of threads that we move around a week. Leave all the redirects permanent and it's an oppressive amount of clutter.

There are other times when any redirects are too much. For example, when the show was canceled the mods merged about TWO HUNDRED separate 'omg, it's over' threads, because people joined, didn't look around, posted and we had almost more clutter than we could handle. When that happened, those threads were all merged with no redirects at all. If we'd have left them, the first ten pages of general discussion would have been nothing but redirects.

By and large, we only move threads that were started in the wrong area, so one way to avoid having your thread moved is to give some thought to where one starts it.

If your thread is about atlantis or games or fandom or SGU, don't go starting it in general discussion.

the more thought the general poster puts into where his/her thread is started, the less the chance is that it'll be moved.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                the thing about perm redirects....we have hundreds of threads that we move around a week. Leave all the redirects permanent and it's an oppressive amount of clutter.
                                Oh my...that would clutter up the place

Thanks again for answering my question.

sig by Varda

Comment

Working...
                                X