This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    (BTW, Darren, "vision statement?!" Really? You couldn't come up with a less cheesetastic corporate doublespeak name for it? )

EDIT: Oops, am I now guilty of that " unconstructive negativity" you're trying to eliminate??
    Perhaps you are

Can *you* come up with a more suitable descriptive and clear name for it? If you can, let's hear it! we might agree that yours is better If you can't, why take shots at Darren?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      If you can't, why take shots at Darren?
      Because it's fun and enhances my enjoyment of the Gateworld experience? I dunno. "Mission statement" is bland and corporate-y, but doesn't seem to be quite as fussy to me while still communicating the basic point. You- and by extension we- are making it our "mission" to make Gateworld a more pleasant posting environment.

I'll think about it.

Comment

Why was the topic on the interview about John's relationship merged into the Sheppard/Weir thread? We were having a rather friendly, thoughful conversation there on shipping with people with would otherwise never get to talk with about the subject if it stayed in the Ship thread, and there was nothing in the Original Post that mentioned S/W.

So why, especially when we were having a mixed opinion discussion over there that was respectful and going well.

Comment

does probie status also stop pm's from being sent????? I've sent two I'm just wondering???

Comment

i think pm's go through fine. never tried it
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Could someone please answer Reiko's question on the JoeF-statement thing, cause I resigned from the Sparky thread a few months ago because I had nothing really meaningful to add anyway.

Why was it merged anyway?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Why was the topic on the interview about John's relationship merged into the Sheppard/Weir thread? We were having a rather friendly, thoughful conversation there on shipping with people with would otherwise never get to talk with about the subject if it stayed in the Ship thread, and there was nothing in the Original Post that mentioned S/W.

So why, especially when we were having a mixed opinion discussion over there that was respectful and going well.
                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Could someone please answer Reiko's question on the JoeF-statement thing, cause I resigned from the Sparky thread a few months ago because I had nothing really meaningful to add anyway.

Why was it merged anyway?
                The thread was merged due to the majority of the discussion revolving around Sheppard and Weir.

The Sheppard/Weir Thread in C&R is not exclusive to squeeing or gushing it is also meant for meaningful discussion as well. It is also open to folks having only a bit to say about Joe's remarks. However since the comments have generated mainly Shep/Weir focused conversation it was merged.
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thanks for taking a thread away from me.

Comment

If the S/W thread offends anyone's sensibilities to the extent that they're not able to visit it for a discussion about how JF views S/W stuff, I'm very sorry. I think the S/W is a decent sort of thread, and a nice place to lurk betimes, but we won't force anyone to visit it.

Madeleine

Comment

If the S/W thread offends anyone's sensibilities to the extent that they're not able to visit it for a discussion about how JF views S/W stuff, I'm very sorry. I think the S/W is a decent sort of thread, and a nice place to lurk betimes, but we won't force anyone to visit it.
                      That's not it, for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        That's not it, for the record.
                        I'm trying to understand this too then...

Why does it matter what the thread is called? A discussion regarding a topic is possible regardless of the thread it takes place in or what that thread is called.

No?
                        sigpic

Comment

The S/W thread in the C&R forum leans to the Pro side. It's not labeled Pro, but I think everyone knows it's 'Pro.' Not to mention that several people in the thread I posted do not usually venture into any of the C&R threads at all. I thought we were making good conversation that we otherwise would not have had if that article/interview did not show up.

By this same logic, does this mean I can waltz into the Sheyla thread and freely express my opinions on that ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            The S/W thread in the C&R forum leans to the Pro side. It's not labeled Pro, but I think everyone knows it's 'Pro.' Not to mention that several people in the thread I posted do not usually venture into any of the C&R threads at all. I thought we were making good conversation that we otherwise would not have had if that article/interview did not show up.

By this same logic, does this mean I can waltz into the Sheyla thread and freely express my opinions on that ship?
                            Actually the first post on the Shep/Weir thread states that it is pro.

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                            Yes. I've bitten the bullet, I want a place to talk about the possibilities of a budding emotional relationship between Major John Sheppard and Dr. Elizabeth Weir on Stargate: Atlantis.

This is for pro-ship discussion, anti-ship discussion will be considered off topic. Please let's have fun, and be nice to each other.

So, you may be asking, why would anyone see ship in Atlantis? Didn't TPTB learn their lesson from the Jack/Sam ship in SG1? Didn't they publicize Sheppard/Teyla ship? Is or is not Weir married? What are the scenes where people see John/Elizabeth ship?

Sounds like grounds for good discussion to me
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

What happened to the "What Stargate character is gay?"-thread? It just randomly disappeared. I went through my posting history and I still can't find it. Did I just miss it or was it randomly deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                                What happened to the "What Stargate character is gay?"-thread? It just randomly disappeared. I went through my posting history and I still can't find it. Did I just miss it or was it randomly deleted?
                                It may have been removed for a bit of housekeeping. Normally if you are unable to locate any aspect of the thread i.e. posts and such this would be the reason.

Normally once the housekeeping is complete the thread is placed back out for the General Discussion once again.
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X