• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elrondaragorn View Post
    PM? I doon't understand this short hand
    Originally posted by elrondaragorn View Post
    I did the search you suggested already-my post is missing
    PM= Private Message
    I have already sent you one with the last post you wrote on that thread linked. If you wrote another one since that time it did not post to the forum as there is no post showing as deleted. We do not *delete* (ie physically remove) any post only remove it from public viewing. All posts are still available for Moderators to review in the case of a dispute.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Just a reminder folks

This thread is for questions to the Moderators for Forum related issues NOT show related or personal related issues.

If you have a show related issue you can search the Forum using the search function OR the members helping members thread OR if the topic is worth a thread of its own and there is no thread for it start one

if it is personal please PM any or all of the moderators on duty
      and as always all maintenance items can be reported along with violations using the report post feature
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I wasn't sure where to address this question - Why doesn't GW album upload pictures in full size? I have a handful of good big pictures for Profile Page's background, but they get tiled, bc after uploading they're so small.

Oh, and is there a good reason, why the background image has to be from GW album? Not external link, for example.

Thank you.
        sigpic

Comment

that too id a darren question. Since he's da boss, he sets many of these settings how he wants them, so he's best to explain his rationale
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If I report a post but get a "database error" page, can you confirm that it means the report hasn't gone through? I assume it hasn't, but thought I should ask because I don't want to send multiple reports about the same post.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              I wasn't sure where to address this question - Why doesn't GW album upload pictures in full size? I have a handful of good big pictures for Profile Page's background, but they get tiled, bc after uploading they're so small.

Oh, and is there a good reason, why the background image has to be from GW album? Not external link, for example.

Thank you.
              Sounds like these issues are all related to how vBulletin has configured the user profiles section. I can look into the settings that are available to us in the admin panel, but they just may not cover these issues.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Will GW log you out if you havent already and you have been inactive for a week or so?
                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Please would you be able to sticky this thread in the stargate general discussions area. It has been set up by numerous members as the main thread for the 'save SGA' campaign.

thanks

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58008
                  Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                  sigpic
                  sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

How are the threads featured on the main page selected? Is it just random or is it due thread activity?
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I think its thread activity.
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I have a notification in my control panel that does not go away. It is related to an unread visitor message. Everytime I click on it, go to my profile page, return to the control panel, it stays there.

I tried with the following browsers:

1. Opera
                        2. Firefox
                        3. IE7

All of them give the same result before and after I clear my cookies, history, cache, reboot, etc.

Any input on this?

Thanks.
                        Last edited by Integrabyte; 21 August 2008, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Mods and Folks!

Didn't know where to pop this note It's been an absolute age since i last visited or posted here! and seriously wanted to catch up with people! i see some familiar faces! i once posted here under "Anubis_Child" way back even before Atlantis started it's first run and the days of save Daniel Jackson!
                          recognise some names (majorclanger, Skydiver, Morjana, Gipsy...!) and im wondering if Merl and Zanny still post around these parts! i found a postcard from Zanny she sent me from Vancouver once and memory's of the convention in Blackpool came flooding back so i had to seek them out my name's andy by the way lol.

I really like what you have done with the site by the way guys, truly great work.

One other thing i have to say is Continuum is great!

take care folks!
                          "Great Scott!!!"

Comment

Um Hello?! As I've never started a thread, I thought I'd come check here for guidelines. I've a question regarding a crossover fanfic I'm writing. I'm thinking it needs to be in the fanfic section. Do I just go over there and start a new thread? I don't usually put a foot forward.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              If I report a post but get a "database error" page, can you confirm that it means the report hasn't gone through? I assume it hasn't, but thought I should ask because I don't want to send multiple reports about the same post.
                              From the looks of it all the reports are coming through even though folks are getting database errors
                              Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                              Will GW log you out if you havent already and you have been inactive for a week or so?
                              I don't think so. Unless you physically log out of GW, and the cookie has not expired you should still be logged in if you click on a saved link to the Forum
                              Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                              Please would you be able to sticky this thread in the stargate general discussions area. It has been set up by numerous members as the main thread for the 'save SGA' campaign.

thanks

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58008
                              This will be reviewed
                              Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              How are the threads featured on the main page selected? Is it just random or is it due thread activity?
                              I think its thread activity.
                              FN is correct...Thread activity determines what threads are on the first page if they are not stickied
                              Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              I have a notification in my control panel that does not go away. It is related to an unread visitor message. Everytime I click on it, go to my profile page, return to the control panel, it stays there.

I tried with the following browsers:

1. Opera
                              2. Firefox
                              3. IE7

All of them give the same result before and after I clear my cookies, history, cache, reboot, etc.

Any input on this?
                              Thanks.
                              Most folks have found that by deleting the actual message they have rectified this problem
                              Originally posted by AnubisChild_Returns! View Post
                              Hi Mods and Folks!

Didn't know where to pop this note It's been an absolute age since i last visited or posted here! and seriously wanted to catch up with people! i see some familiar faces! i once posted here under "Anubis_Child" way back even before Atlantis started it's first run and the days of save Daniel Jackson!
                              recognise some names (majorclanger, Skydiver, Morjana, Gipsy...!) and im wondering if Merl and Zanny still post around these parts! i found a postcard from Zanny she sent me from Vancouver once and memory's of the convention in Blackpool came flooding back so i had to seek them out my name's andy by the way lol.

I really like what you have done with the site by the way guys, truly great work.

One other thing i have to say is Continuum is great!

take care folks!
                              Hi
                              We have a a Welcome thread over in Off topic if you want to *re* introduce yourself. This thread is for Forum related questions to the Mods... But we are glad you are here
                              Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              Um Hello?! As I've never started a thread, I thought I'd come check here for guidelines. I've a question regarding a crossover fanfic I'm writing. I'm thinking it needs to be in the fanfic section. Do I just go over there and start a new thread? I don't usually put a foot forward.
                              It probably would be Fanfic that you are looking for. My suggestion would to first search the Fanfic section for a thread that might be about *Questions or Help* with my fanfic or something of that nature and if you can't find any threads that don't already have a topic close to what you need then yes by all means start a thread

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                I don't think so. Unless you physically log out of GW, and the cookie has not expired you should still be logged in if you click on a saved link to the Forum
                                Pardon me a moment. I have a correction, I think. I get logged off the forum when I've been inactive for more than a hour or so. It may be because I share a comp and don't have 'remember me' checked. I guess that means I don't have a 'cookie'.
                                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X