Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, we are done with McKay and now are moving on to Carson Beckett. Could you please change this tourney name for me when you have time?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25103

Thank you very much!!

Comment

from now on, PLEASE use the report post feature...or you run the risk of us 'not seeing' your request until you do
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I am one of the few (come on no one reads these things) that read the manipulation warning alert thingy (do they have a name?).

Question as a slashy type person. I know the kissing is out *pity* but are the standing really, really close manips out too now? What about the nekkid from the waist up standing really, really close?

Yes I did have to ask as what some see as an insult to the actors I can often see nothing more then a celebration of M/M love.

Comment

and some see a manip of a male and female close together to be icky.

different strokes for differnet folks

Going by what you've said, taking two 'whole' bodies and putting them side by side in a non-compromising position sounds fine.

but folks do need to bear in mind that the mods are discussing the topic as a whole and looking to come up with some guidelines for what we do and do not allow.

We've had a lot of very talented people making some very creative works, and it's brought up our need to delve into what we do and do not want here adn to try to come up with a guideline that allows as much creativity as possible without going so far that someone is fussed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            and some see a manip of a male and female close together to be icky.
            Not me. Just for the record.

We've had a lot of very talented people making some very creative works, and it's brought up our need to delve into what we do and do not want here adn to try to come up with a guideline that allows as much creativity as possible without going so far that someone is fussed
            So I have found some of the "Wizard of Oz" ones to be offensive to the actors but they never seem to get modded, are those kinds of "silly" manips still allowed?

Comment

it depends upon the intent, tone and general mood of the manip.

Thus far, we as mods haven't had an issue with putting santa hats on the 'kids' or things like that.

There are manips that i know the mods haven't seen. We don't get into every thread to see everything. So if folks run across something that they think is too OTT, then they need to report it please.

The origin of our manip rules was because we were having a rash of pairing specific manips where the heads of hte actors were being put on bodies of others who were in very...adult positions and situations. there was no nudity, but there was a definite air of inappropriate.

the slash manips fall under the same guideline as the het ones do. If the people snog in real life...say rachel and joe on a stage at a con, have fun with it. but if Joe kisses his wife, don't go cutting his wife's face out and putting torri's in (or rachel's or david's or jason's...you get the picture)

That's our general guideline, to keep pictures that could be embarrassing or put the actors in an uncomfortable place - like explaining to thier sig other that that picture isn't real - from being posted here.

sigpic

Comment

I'm baffled! I just noticed that my post count appears lower than I recall. I know SG-1 and SGA ratings have been slipping but GW posts slipping?
                sigpic

Comment

i dunno, unless we've had a thread moved to off topic that folks were playing in. That's the only way post counts go down.

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I've been voting in H&H games the past month. But, surely I don't lose points when I post there?
                    sigpic

Comment

no, fun and games counts for points

the only way people lose points is if

we move a thread to the off topic area
                      we move a thread to our 'dead threads' area...where irredeemable threads go to die
                      we delete a thread

to the best of my knowledge none of this has happened for any large threads. Little ones have gone away, but not large ones

sigpic

Comment

I believe they did when the Welcome Thread got acceidently moved because I suddenly got points. When you moved to back, I lost them again. Could that what they were talking about?

Comment

I remain puzzled because I swear I had around 4400 posts. Oh, well, back to posting!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
                            I believe they did when the Welcome Thread got acceidently moved because I suddenly got points. When you moved to back, I lost them again. Could that what they were talking about?
                            that's it.

the welcome thread DID get accidentally moved to fandom, then i moved it back to OT where it belongs...i was merging threads and forgot to make a selection properly

mystery solved

sigpic

Comment

The new doctor who episode "The Lazarus Experiment" has finished airing in the UK.
                              Can we have a thread made please?

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

It's out

We see reported posts before we see this thread. quickest way to get an ep thread moved out is to report any recent post from the folder that the missing thread should be in, and name the episode that just aired. I believe all of our featured shows' upcoming ep threads have been made and are awaiting their hour of need.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X