This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look out, here come the replicators...

Check out the link below for a project called "M-TRAN." It talks about an engineering effort to build modular, adaptable machines that instantly made me think "replicators" when I read a Discover article about them.

http://unit.aist.go.jp/is/dsysd/mtran/English/

(Sorry if this has been posted before. I haven't run across it if it has and didn't find any references using a forum search.)
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

" It talks about an engineering effort to build modular, adaptable machines that instantly made me think "replicators"
    When they start being able to exert a modulating monopolar energy field on the seperate modules and start resembling insects then I'll start worying.
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Now when you think of AI in the world and you compare how it could turn into the terminator, but when you learn what the replicators can do, the terminators look like toys still. the terminator will be around in 50 years i bet lol then replicators in 150 on earth
      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Hmm

In 50 years I think sentinent AI beings will exist

Humans excelerate very vast. It took what, 20-30 years for a spaceship to be conceived? ( The first ideas for it were by the Japanese in WWII right? )

Flight itself took less than a lifetime.

Computers...

Cloneing...

Never underestimate the human ingenuity

Comment

Hok'tauir ummmmmmm *thinks*

Comment

Working...
          X