This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@WraithRichard

Here's a general guide to the going ratings as explained for movies but applicable for fanfic too, just swap film for the written word: Guide To Movie Ratings

Depending on the messy with regards to the Aztec culture, i.e. human sacrifice, you'll have to go with R for extreme violence, even if the rest is PG-13/T(eens). Same with WTF -- extreme violence always classifies as an R-rating, even if the rest fits in with a PG-13 rating. You could classify it as PG-13 and warn for the extreme violence bit in advance -- it's always good form to mention that.
    Manhood could be rated R because of the violence, but if it's nothing extreme, you'd be okay with an NC-17 rating (not for sexual content but (mild) violence).

I have one R-rated fanfic f.e. because I have scenes with graphical violence and one suicide attempt. There's no way I'm going to rate that as PG-13 and then warn for the violence and the suicide attempt. It's R with the proper trigger warnings.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you Falcon, that clears things up. I'll put 'PG-13, with an R scene' for now.

How much does one have to create to make their own thread?
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
        How much does one have to create to make their own thread?
        You can create your own thread even if you have only 1 creation to show.
        If that's what you're asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          You can create your own thread even if you have only 1 creation to show.
          If that's what you're asking.
          Sweet.

And thanks.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Hello, I’m fairly new to the site and I was wondering where the fanfiction archive is? This seemed the best thread to ask in.

Comment

Originally posted by Arynne_Bookworm View Post
              Hello, I’m fairly new to the site and I was wondering where the fanfiction archive is? This seemed the best thread to ask in.
              GateWorld does not archive any fanfics itself. During the shipper festival threads by the Sam/Jack community short snippets sometimes get posted.

Completed or ongoing fics can usually be found on Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own or AO3, and other places.

There are fic recommendation threads in the fanfic sub-forum of GateWorld.​
              Last edited by iiradned; 18 February 2024, 10:10 PM.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Arynne_Bookworm View Post
                Like iiradned mentions, there is none here, but it's okay to post any and all fics in a thread (I have posted short ficlets in a couple of threads I frequent, like the Sparky one in SGA) or you can post them on the aforementioned archives and link back to them here.

Comment

Ohhh, okay. Thank you both so much!

Comment

Working...
                  X