Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not fully finished I'm just preparing for when it is finished...where would I post it...

I am dreadful at this kind of thing. Sorry about all this.

Comment

go to www.gateworld.net and follow the link to fanfic and the upload instructions.

if you have any questions, snag me or one of the other mods and we'll help you out
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

I have a question, and I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere:

Are they actually going to fix the fanfic uploader here? Or is the ff archive here more or less closed now?

Comment

that is a question for Darren

it was taken off line to fix some issues, and fixing those issues are his job

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              that is a question for Darren

it was taken off line to fix some issues, and fixing those issues are his job

What a snazzy bureaucratic, "not my department" reply. Beautifully passive-aggressive, yet also completely noninformative.

I don't know who Darren is, and I don't particularly care if you can't be bothered to enlighten me. Seeing I'm in no mood to deal with hostile mods, I'll just assume this isn't something I'm suppose to ask about and go. Thanks, I guess.

Comment

that was a little aggressive, wasn't it?

Darren is the site owner and he will fix the fanficuploadinggizmo when he does.

Read the nice lady's reply - or have someone read it for you. It seemed perfectly explanatory and probably more polite than you deserved.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fugazi View Post
                  What a snazzy bureaucratic, "not my department" reply. Beautifully passive-aggressive, yet also completely noninformative.

I don't know who Darren is, and I don't particularly care if you can't be bothered to enlighten me. Seeing I'm in no mood to deal with hostile mods, I'll just assume this isn't something I'm suppose to ask about and go. Thanks, I guess.
                  I think Skydiver assumed you know who Darren is. Given that you only have 3 posts to your credit, that wasn't a good assumption to make. But she was not being passive-aggressive. It genuinely isn't her department.

You may not be in the mood to deal with hostile moods, but why expect other people to cope with what seems to be hostility from you?
                  C-D
                  Dragon by name, Cheerful by nature

Sig by *E*K*R*

Comment

DArren is the owner/operator of the site for those not in the know. the fanfic uploader was taken off line a while ago when the whole site was upgraded. Soon thereafer the forum had a software upgrade and there have been many bugs and tweaks associated with both upgrades.

fixing the uploader is certainly onhis list of things to do, but it's a matter of having the time to accomplish so much in a finite amount of time.

In addition, a hacking attack upon the site using the fanfic uploader last year, necessitates that we make sure that the security measures are in place, but that they also work with the two upgrades

all in all, it's kinda like herding cats

as to not my department, it isn't. I dont' have nor do i want the access codes to alter the site. the less people that know that the better and given my general lack of programming knowledge, i wouldn't know how to use it even if i had the knowledge

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fugazi View Post

You're extremely rude. If you had read ANY of the information about Gateworld, you would know who Darren is. But, since with 3 posts to your name, YOU are supreme and we . . .
                      I can't go on. What a doof. *shakes head*

Mods - If this is out of line, let me know. Or just snip it. I'm in a snarky mood this evening.
                      Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Mods. do you know when the uploader will be online again? thanks
                        Say No to M.R.S (mathew reily syndrome)

Comment

i wish i had an ETA for you.

It's on a list of things to fix

sigpic

Comment

this kinda suk's that the downloader down casue i have what i think is some nice stories and i can't put them up......

Comment

i know. i have stories too. for the moment i can suggest www.fanfiction.net

you need to create an account - but it's free - and you can upload anything of any rating up to R. they don't accept adult material anymore

you can then publcize your fic here and let folks know that it exists

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i wish i had an ETA for you.

It's on a list of things to fix
                                Good luck on that. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X