X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.fanfiction.net

it's free and you can upload as a whole thing or chapters

there are also other pairing specific sites out there that you can look for and post your fic on
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I posted a story called Stargate Universe: Asteroids up a while ago, but back then I had just posted the prologue. I got a couple of comments, but the thread died before I could post any more. Now I have posted up to chapter five, and I would really like to get some more readers from GateWorld, so I was wondering if I could post it again?

Also, in the first post you mention the GW archives. Could I please have a link to this, for I cannot find it.

Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
        I posted a story called Stargate Universe: Asteroids up a while ago, but back then I had just posted the prologue. I got a couple of comments, but the thread died before I could post any more. Now I have posted up to chapter five, and I would really like to get some more readers from GateWorld, so I was wondering if I could post it again?

Also, in the first post you mention the GW archives. Could I please have a link to this, for I cannot find it.

Thank you very much
        Your thread isn't dead, it just got pushed back

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...5#post11293805

post that you've got a new chapter and see what feedback you get.

Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

I have a question: is the fanfic uploader here at GW ever going to be fixed, or is GW done with hosting any new fics going forward?

Part of the reason I ask is because FF.net appears to be experiencing some issues of its own once again (yes, yes, I know; when isn't FF.net having issues?) - currently, they involve email alerts, which appear to not be going out, though I know they've also had other problems in the past - and it leads me to worry that someday the entire site may just go *poof* and disappear, because it isn't being well-maintained. I host my fic on my own website as well, but I'll admit that I'd love to have another venue for making it available, as my site hasn't been getting a lot of traffic. (I'm also willing to host selected fics from other people, if anyone's interested. It might improve traffic to have more than one person's work over there.)

Any idea on what will, or won't, occur with fanfic archiving on GW? Also, assuming that GW does continue (eventually) to accept new fics for archiving, what are the guidelines?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm afraid that's up to Darren. It's up to him and greg to get it fixed. You can ask him in one of the main 'forum' threads.

I do think one of the bigger issues we had before it 'broke' was that bad guys used it as a way to hack the site.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the response; I'll ask Darren, then. Sucks to think that people even used fanfic as a means to screw up GW. WTF is it with some people? /rhetorical

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm just going to throw a link out there, because I have to go and do work I actually get paid for and I'm running behind... but give this a read and see if you recognize any of these in your own writing or in stuff you've read. It gave me the urge to go back over my own past work, cringing in dread of what I might find there. (No, I haven't yet succumbed - er - found time yet to act on that urge. But I will.)

The SF Workshop Lexicon: Buzzwords, notions and critical terms of direct use to SF workshops. (In other words, things to watch out for in your writing and that of others. Now all of those most annoying elements have names!)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Eh. It's all in delivery and moderation. It's just more TV tropes and tropes themselves are neither goo nor bad.
                  Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Is the fanfic only of Stargate or can it be of other things?

Comment

Originally the idea was Stargate fic only. but people have posted fic for other shows. they either do it in the folder for that show or the off topic area.

The best way to do it is to post your fic on another site, like fanfiction.net, and then link back here. We're not an archive so there are character limits on posts and if hte forum crashes and you lose your fic....you lose your fic.

So yes, it can be other shows...but it does need to adhere to the 'keep it pg' and 'no slash' rules for the fanfic area.

sigpic

Comment

I am new to the site.. so sorry if i am posting this in the wrong section.. But i have just recently decided i want to start a new StarGate fan fic. Hopefully as big as Horizon is i can get enough people behind the project. I have a friend that is working on some graphics for this project as soon as i tell him what is needed. I do have a general idea for a story, but i would like to get atleast 4 to 5 others writers and get a good team set up, so we can all alternate on writing episodes.

If anyone is interested let me know and we can begin the brain storming process. I don't want to start this until at least half a season can be planned

Comment

Hey, Sky, is there a way to browse the archive, or is it only searchable?

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I think it's searchable only. don't think there's any menu pages up to browse

might be a question to doublec heck with Darren however.

sigpic

Comment

Here's the rules guys:

PG-13 or lower fic is fine to link to.
                              R or M Rated or higher is not although you can link to an author's main page just not directly to the fic. (preferably a page that has the full content warnings so that readers know exactly what they're getting into)
                              For slash fic of all ratings you can link to the author's page, just not directly to the fic.

Wincest and other incest fic of any rating is forbidden.
                              Real person fic of any rating is forbidden.

sigpic

Comment

I'm wondering what the ratings for each of my fics would be.

Burn It All Away is probably the worst, as it has an Aztec-like cutlure (no offense to Aztecs, but...messy).

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot has one instance that can be considered extreme violence. Everything else is pretty much as 'bad' as stargate got after showtime dropped it.

Mahood has violence, and I'm not sure if it crosses the line to R.

I want to label these corectly without having to warn people about EVERYTHING (Warning: mention of a banana in case people are afraid of those)
                                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Working...
                                X