Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to think about RE SGC's exploration...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something to think about RE SGC's exploration...

This is very hypothetical...

But say the US government happened upon something like in the show, what would be the appropriate action? Would you classify what the SGC teams have done as meddling? They really are diving head first off a board and for all they know, the pool could be empty .

To me, it just seems everything that the teams do put Earth more at risk. I REALLY hate to sound like Senator Kinsey, but there is something to consider there. I think maybe the creation of that character was the writer's and producer's way of addressing the same issue they may have been struggling with.

Tonight's Atlantis episode is a perfect example. Spoiler: highlight to read: We know that the Wraith are now bent on coming here and taking Earth as a new feeding ground. But how long would they have slept if simply left alone? Maybe they would have come eventually, but if it weren't for 2 thousand years, wouldn't you think by then we would be more well equipped to handle them? I'm not saying I would never want humans to explore, gimme a break that's in our nature, but how wise is it to constantly jump in head first and risk more danger?

Please take this for the spirit it is posted in and don't distort it into something else. In order to explain this the way I really want to would require me to write a dissertation here, and nobody wants that.

I'm happy they chose to meddle in the show, it gives me something to watch on Monday's and Friday's , but it's still something to consider...

*Shrugs*

I agree. Senator Kinsey has a good point. But, as O'Neill said in "Children of the God's", they know what we are now."

As for real life, I think the government would mess with it and experiment and do what SGC did, so that they could have a power advantage in world brokerage. Especially with the current administration. In reality, I think it would end up a lot worse because we aren't in a place where the good guys win.
    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
      I agree. Senator Kinsey has a good point. But, as O'Neill said in "Children of the God's", they know what we are now."

As for real life, I think the government would mess with it and experiment and do what SGC did, so that they could have a power advantage in world brokerage. Especially with the current administration. In reality, I think it would end up a lot worse because we aren't in a place where the good guys win.
      I totally agree with everything you said. You just know ( ) our government would meddle away with something like this, even if they doomed us all with their ignorance and arrogance. I guess we humans just can't help ourselves .

And the "Children of the God's" is a good point, but when you consider we're doing the same thing with the Wraith we did with the Goa'uld, you gotta think, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Right?

Comment

Working...
      X