This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking Babies are freaky creepy and lame

Does anyone else in the US hate that stupid Quizno's talking Bob the baby commerical? I seriously hate it and think it's very disturbing, plus that voice is just retarded. Anyone else hate this commercial and hate talking baby stuff?

We don't have that in England. We have 'My Hero' which was a second-rate-but-tolerable-&-innofensive sitcom at first, until it introduced a talking baby which is horribly creepy and makes the show into an avoid-like-the-plague sitcom. And we used to have Standard Life ads with a talking baby, which was enough to convince me never to go near Standard Life if I can help it. Yuk.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      We don't have that in England. We have 'My Hero' which was a second-rate-but-tolerable-&-innofensive sitcom at first, until it introduced a talking baby which is horribly creepy and makes the show into an avoid-like-the-plague sitcom. And we used to have Standard Life ads with a talking baby, which was enough to convince me never to go near Standard Life if I can help it. Yuk.
      I agree completely about `My Hero`. It just scares me now. I've had to have counseling for it. (not quite that bad yet, but getting there)

Talking babies are just plain wrong.
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Definately agree! My kids used to love watching the show, but I won't let them now. They're not bothered at all about the talking baby, but it freaks the hell out of me...I can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
          Does anyone else in the US hate that stupid Quizno's talking Bob the baby commerical? I seriously hate it and think it's very disturbing, plus that voice is just retarded. Anyone else hate this commercial and hate talking baby stuff?
          Ya it is kinda weird but really all the Quizno's commericals have been weird! I did like that one animation of a baby the dancing baby! It was on a old televison show way back Alley Mc? something!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
            Ya it is kinda weird but really all the Quizno's commericals have been weird! I did like that one animation of a baby the dancing baby! It was on a old televison show way back Alley Mc? something!
            I dont remember that one!

Comment

Frankly, I think it's obscene. I do. The way he talks, the things he says. I mean, it doesn't even pretend to be a real baby. I never go to Quizno's. I've lost my appetite for them. Too bad they didin't think of a cute talking glove or something, at least the glove makes me hungry.
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I agree that talking baby 'Bob' is creepy - I may never eat another Quizno's ever again.

But what really creeped me out was that dancing baby on the Ally McBeal show a few years back. A lot of people loved it but from the beginning I hated it! And then, when it started running around the office and the apartment and it was carring a gun one time .... I started to referred to it as that "demon-possessed dancing baby".

*shudder*

They should just leave babies in their cribs where they belong...
                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                which the intellect scorns."
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

I really liked "My Hero" until the talking baby showed up.
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

There are also some movies.

Look Who's Talking Now, Look Who's Talking Now 2, Baby Genius', Baby Genius' 2, that Quizno's thing, and then there was something else...

But yea. Very frakkin creepy. I really don't like it. And remember that hampster from Quizno's? That place just has weird comercials period.

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                      There are also some movies.

Look Who's Talking Now, Look Who's Talking Now 2, Baby Genius', Baby Genius' 2, that Quizno's thing, and then there was something else...

But yea. Very frakkin creepy. I really don't like it. And remember that hampster from Quizno's? That place just has weird comercials period.
                      I liked Look Who's Talking, maybe because you didn't have the weird moving mouths that they put on the talking babies nowadays. In those movies you heard their thoughts but none of that weird mouthing.

Was that a hampster on the Quizno commercial?! It looked like someone had taken a picture of some woodland creature that had been run over in the street and stuck a hat on it! It was so gross....I thought maybe someone had been fooling around, made a gag tape and acidentially aired the wrong tape.
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

I liked the hamster/potato hybrids , but the talking babies are completely creepy, and not even funny at all. On the other hand, the hamster-things were hilarious, IMO.

Comment

ROFLMAO!!! as SOON as i read the thread title, i knew this was about the quizno's commercials!!

yes, they're quite.... strange... bizarre.... um.... lame?? yes... i'd say that too but then, i hate commercialsin general

Comment

Talking about your creepy commercials...

.....what about the talking M&M's where one takes a bite out of the other? That one gave me nightmares!
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
                              On the other hand, the hamster-things were hilarious, IMO.
                              LMAO, I thought so too!!! Here's a picture of them: Quiznos Spongemonkeys
                              And here's the video that inspired those commercials: *WARNING: WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK* ROTFLMAO!!!

As for the talking-baby commercials that they're using now....I guess I really don't care either way.
                              I mean, I do think they're kinda stupid, but I can't say that I really hated them or anything like that.
                              They're just not very funny. Now as for the infamous Spongemonkeys commercials....that's another story altogether.
                              Originally posted by Sela
                              Talking about your creepy commercials...
                              .....what about the talking M&M's where one takes a bite out of the other? That one gave me nightmares!
                              Nope, I still haven't seen anything like that one yet. But now I'm not so sure if I'll ever want too....
                              There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X