Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite/Not So Favorite Stargate Quotes !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apophis
    "You know that whole meaning of life stuff? I think we're going to be alright" Jack O'Neill (5th Race)

Not too sure if thats quoted totally accurate but it's powerful stuff.

Pretty close. Yes, that one makes me feel good.

Comment

Heroes:
      'I hope shots of my ass serve you well'

Got to be the one of the best, if only for the lovely mental images it conjours up. *Sigh*

And not quite a perfect quote but when Jack says a very Mister Burns like 'exxxxcellent' in Lost City.
      Cheers Geekyred

geeky

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        Milder stuff of years past? You mean, like his "bulls***" comment in Within the Serpent's Grasp? Yeah, that's much tamer than the mere utterance of the word "penis".
        YOUR opinion, not mine. "bull****" is in common enough usage these days that it doesn't bother me too much, but "penis" is not an everyday conversational word and given the context, I found it tacky and offensive. I'll refrain from further comment about Jack because it's unrelated to this thread.

Another good quote:

Felger: Information's an SG team's greatest ally.
        Coombs: You know what an SG team's greatest ally is? An SG team!!

Comment

And you were there and you were there and there's no place like home

Comment

Forget the exact wording, but Thor to Jack:

'Let us hope that this is the last footwear to fall'

And again, Thor to Kinsey:

'O'Neill requested that I remove you and leave you on a distant planet for your actions here, but I am reasonably certain that his comment was in jest'

I have a shoddy memory, but you get the basics

Comment

Too many favourite quotes. Here's one from Crystal Skull

Jack to Daniel: Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

"A million of them just passed through you."

"... No matter how dense."
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  "bull****" is in common enough usage these days that it doesn't bother me too much, but "penis" is not an everyday conversational word and given the context, I found it tacky and offensive.
                  Point taken. Whoever decides what words you can and can not say on TV might not agree with you, however. But that's neither here nor there, I suppose.

And so, to keep this post on-topic:

Full Circle:
                  Herak: Surrender or die!
                  Jack: What?
                  Herak: Surrender or die!!
                  (okay... this one is funny mostly because of the delivery rather than the actual lines.)

Lost City:
                  Weir: Well, have you got everything you need? I think there's still a sink in the kitchen.
                  Jack: Was that a joke?
                  Weir: Perhaps. A bad one.
                  Jack: Yes, very bad! But I sense hope for you.
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

There are soooo many really good quotes, that's one of the reasons I started making the "Eloquently Speaking " quilts. For those that don't know, these quilts are single irish chain pattern, with quotes embroidered on the open squares.

I have made 4 so far, with three more planned/ under construction.
                    Terms of endearment... love honour and freidnship, including all the SG-1 quotes from meridain.
                    A Man of Few words.. Jack O'Neill wisecracks
                    Alien oracy... Aliens including teal'c
                    Thousand'th Man.. Daniel quotes
                    Currently in progressoctors Orders, Heroes... by and about Janet.(two quilts due for show and auction at Sekh's party and Gatecon 2004)
                    And the one I have been saving due for Feb 2005 release ... National Treasure.. Sam Carter ( I'm still taking nominations for this one!)

It's always hard choosing the quotes, for the jack and daneil ones I had enough for two quilts each without even trying!

Becks
                    aka Cheezy the crazy quiltmaker

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      YOUR opinion, not mine. "bull****" is in common enough usage these days that it doesn't bother me too much, but "penis" is not an everyday conversational word and given the context, I found it tacky and offensive. I'll refrain from further comment about Jack because it's unrelated to this thread.

Another good quote:

Felger: Information's an SG team's greatest ally.
                      Coombs: You know what an SG team's greatest ally is? An SG team!!
                      There are so many great quotes from "the other guys," for more see my sig. below.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

One of my favourites (can't remember the ep name and too lazy to look it up!) is Jack and Teal'c looking around somewhere and the conversation goes something like:

Teal'c "They are hiding something"
                        Jack "Yes, but what"
                        Teal'c "I do not know, they are hiding it!"
                        Chook

Comment

"Tin Man">>

O'NEILL: Better?! What the hell did you do to us?!?

HARLEN: You are angry.

O'NEILL: Yes!!

Comment

I'm not sure that there are any quotes I particularly don't like. Except maybe Sam's reproductive organs speech in CotG...

But there are loads that I love. Not sure of some of the exact quotes -

Jack- Wait a minute. Let me get something straight here. Engaged?
                            Sam- It's theoretically possible.
                            Jack- It's against regulations.
                            Sam- I'm talking physics sir.

Teal'c- Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will in fact calm up.

Daniel- Wow, this place is incredible. It's like we just stepped into the citadel at Mycenae.
                            Jack- I thought you said it was Greek.
                            Daniel- Oh, Mycenae was an ancient city in the Southern Pelopponesian region.
                            Jack- Where's that?
                            Daniel- Greece.
                            Jack- Why do I do that?

Aris Boch- Dr. Jackson, if you don't mind treating my wound.
                            Daniel- I'm an archaeologist.
                            Aris Boch- I know, but you're also a doctor.
                            Daniel- ...Of archaeology.

Jack- You read the Bible, Teal'c?
                            Teal'c- It is a significant part of your Western culture. Have you not read the Bible, O'Neill?
                            Jack- Oh, yeah. Yeah. Not all of it. Actually, I'm listening to it on tape. Don't tell me how it ends.

Daniel- It was a procedure often done in the Middle Ages. They'd drill a hole in the person's head. By drilling a hole the evil spirits are released, thus saving the person from eternal damnation.
                            Jack- Thus... saving the person?
                            Daniel- Well, they didn't call them the Dark Ages because it was dark.

Teal'c- Appearances may be deceiving.
                            Jack- One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                            Daniel- A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                            Jack- Never run with... scissors?

Jack- I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?!

Jack- Hypnosis. You know, I'm not a big fan of that bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog stuff.

Jack- Just give me some kind of warning.
                            Teal'c- I am going to shoot you.
                            Jack- I was thinking more along the lines of "On Three".

Daniel- How is it you always come up with the worst case scenario?
                            Jack- I practice.

Daniel- I've never been on a stakeout before. Shouldn't we have, like, doughnuts or something?

Her'ak- No matter what you have endured, you've never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of.
                            Jack- You ended that sentance with a preposition. B*****d.

Daniel- Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
                            Teal'c- We are in fact offering water.
                            Jack- Thank you.
                            Daniel- I was speaking metaphorically.
                            Jack- Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Maybourne- Gonna turn me in?
                            Jack- Actually, that overwhelming desire to shoot you has come back.

Jack- Alright. Describe for me the dress your sister wore last week when I took her out.
                            Daniel- I don't have a sister, Jack, and if I did I wouldn't let you near her.

Jack- They didn't go for it.
                            Sam- They didn't approve the mission?
                            Jack- Well no, they did THAT. Once they knew the stakes and the whole fate of the universe stuff, both the President and Hammond realized we had no choice. He wished us luck, God speed and all those things he says when he thinks we're gonna die.
                            Sam- So what didn't they go for?
                            Jack- The name I suggested.
                            Sam- For the ship?
                            Jack- Yeah.
                            Sam- Yeah. Sir... we can't call it the "Enterprise"
                            Jack- Why not?

Sam- Is there any chance that you could get the Russians to give us their DHD?
                            Daniel- Not without giving back Alaska.

Most of the Jack & Daniel stuff in Abyss, especially-

Daniel-You're a better man than that!
                            Jack-That's where you're wrong!!

Daniel- This isn't your life we're talking about Jack, this is your soul!

And the scenes in Jack's house in Lost City. They're just all great stuff!

Comment

Can't remeber the title. It's the one with the Aschen.

Daniel: uh, Sam. The sun is beeping.
                              Honk if you love cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
                                Can't remeber the title. It's the one with the Aschen.

Daniel: uh, Sam. The sun is beeping.
                                2010?
                                Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Working...
                                X