No announcement yet.

Baal/Sam Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heee, the very last one. Now I'm thinking we should have put that into spoiler space

*edits*
    Last edited by Merrin_Delaney; 06 March 2005, 02:01 AM.

Comment

put what into spoiler space???

so is that
      Spoiler:
      baal in that last clip really??? or did ya just throw it in there lookin like baal??? cuz since when is baal in threads??? if he is, do tell

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
        put what into spoiler space???

so is that
        Spoiler:
        baal in that last clip really??? or did ya just throw it in there lookin like baal??? cuz since when is baal in threads??? if he is, do tell
        I had to go look it up, but he IS in Threads! Just for the opening though.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

OMG!!!!! i SOOO did not know that!!!
          Spoiler:
          so we can actually know where he went when he beamed away, then??? *off to read that part of transcript*

edit: ok, read transcript for that scene: i'm bringing it here even though this isn't shippy .... anyone not wanting to know this scene, don't read:

Anubis: You have failed me.

Baal: We've known for some time that the Jaffa cannot be trusted anymore. The remaining army of Kull Warriors stand an excellent chance of retaking Dakara.

Anubis: Worse than failure! Worse than cowardice! You have betrayed me. Did you not think I would know what you have done. How can you still underestimate my powers?

Baal: Your methods were ultimately unnecessary. Not when there was another way of defeating the Replicators.

Anubis: I would spare your life for the moment. Only so that you would witness the fruits of your labours. I will retake Dakara, then, thanks to the modifications you've made to the Stargate, I will destroy every living thing in this galaxy, including you, all at once.

Baal: I do not understand. You could have modified the Stargate yourself.

Anubis: You have no way of knowing what is necessary and what is not, in the grand design.

Baal: Who's grand design?

Anubis: Mine!

OMG!!! anubis is friggin jerk!!! he threatened to kill baal

i am officially convinced that poor baal is not evil.... can i go hug him??

maybe he WILL go to earth again to defeat anubis!!! see, there we go... shippy again he can ask for sam's help!!
          Last edited by emily_reich; 06 March 2005, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:
            OMG!!! anubis is friggin jerk!!! he threatened to kill baal

i am officially convinced that poor baal is not evil.... can i go hug him??

maybe he WILL go to earth again to defeat anubis!!! see, there we go... shippy again he can ask for sam's help!!
            Spoiler:
            Aaarrrgg! He better not!! I think Ba'al is only half evil, maybe not that much!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

ok, i put this in the baal thread so we can continue this discussion there (and i have some thoughts about his lack of evil-ness and genuinely doing something good in there ) so that this thread can stay as much on topic as possible

Comment

Right. Back to the Ba'al/Sam love

What conviced me the most was actually the fact that Ba'al wouldn't stop smiling at Sam. And the good luck-thing just about killed me dead.

Comment

ditto and ditto!!!

also the fact that he was willing to risk getting in BIG trouble with anubis for helping them destroy the replicators rather than just saying no and instead letting them destroy the device which would allow baal to go on living happily and not get in trouble beyond failing in the mission....

what's my point here... i think sam saw he's not just an evil monster... he's not ONLY a pretty funny guy (), but he doesn't take this whole god thing seriously AND is willing to stick his neck out, at least a bit, to help someone else ...

i mean, like i said, she shows real concern for him (and the mission i suppose) when his hologram fizzles a bit... she asks "what's the matter"... the matter seemed a bit more personal and caring and concerned than i expected when she's talking to an enemy... (this helped sell it )... i would have expected something like a colder "what's the problem?" or "what's going on?"....

i also think he warmed to the idea and agreed to help when sam said "no one's trying to deny that we're mortal enemies here"... i think he liked the attitude...

just look at the turnaround he has going from "the thought of that makes me sick" and an argument between him and sam over the virus to "i can't believe i'm considering cooperating"

Sam: Look, if we can do this and somehow hit the replicators all at the same time, we think it will work... but we need your help.
                  Baal: You want me to reprogram the stargate to dial every gate in the galaxy simultaneously?
                  Sam: I know you used the gate's automatic update program to diceminate a dialing prgram virus to the entire network.
                  Baal: With a virus you initially planted in my stargate.
                  Sam: No one's trying to deny that we're mortal enemies here.... can you do it or not?
                  Baal: I cannot believe I'm even considering cooperating with a female of the Ta'uri... and a Tok'ra!"
                  Selmak: This was not my idea... believe me.
                  Baal: I'll instruct my troops to land

and then the look of "she's good" when she says he can tell her what to do... he thought he could get around and land some troops but she was too smart for it, and he was like "oh, well that works too"

i think it's love and i say a guy like that is worth dumping 8 years of ship buildup for
                  Last edited by emily_reich; 06 March 2005, 03:03 AM.

Comment

*nodnod* What you said.

I also liked how she sorta went against her dad. He whines about Ba'al and she tells him to 'just keep working', instead of saying 'I know how you feel' or something to that effect. PTB handed us this one on a silver platter, methinks. She even thanks him, for Christ's sake.

PS: That's quite the shipper manifest you wrote there

Comment

shipper manifest, eh?? i like it! honestly, if i can't analyze or dig deep into a character or ship, i don't usually like it/them

yeah... didn't even think about that!! she does kinda take baal's side when her dad gripes... go sam! woo!!

forgot she thanks him ( *smack forehead* duh! how could i forget that! )

yeah... again, more sincerity in that thank you too nothin in her voice that says "wish we didn't NEED you to help us, but thanks for the help since we did"... it was definately more of a "glad you helped us... didn't realize you were such a not-so-evil guy! can't believe i didn't hate working with you" kind of thing

Comment

shipper manifest, eh?? i like it! honestly, if i can't analyze or dig deep into a character or ship, i don't usually like it/them
                        *snicker* Proving our ship does have a basis, yes? *g*

In my opinion this scene:
                        Sam: We almost got it. Thanks for the help.
                        Ba'al (does a doubletake): Good luck.
                        really says it all. He cannot believe his ears and just acts out of impulse. Funny that the first thing he thinks of is wishing his 'hated enemy' good luck, eh?

Comment

hmm.... never thought of it as doing a doubletake you could be right!! he does kinda take a pause, doesn't he!! maybe the almost-wink was a "you're welcome" as well as a "good luck" and a "you're not so bad afterall" but he only voiced the "good luck"...

so do ya think if she hadn't said thanks that he may not have said good luck?? perhaps seeing that she too didn't mind working together made it ok for him to admit it too and you notice he waits an extra beat after saying good luck to start walking and turn the transmitter off... one extra, last look perhaps?? maybe doing another doubletake, or maybe waiting to see the reaction to him saying good luck... or maybe just hated to be leaving (for whatever reason), or got caught up in the moment... but there was a pause there... and it seemed like some kind of hesitation to me...

but still, jacob's "that was just creepy" cracks me up

lol... i think he noticed that last exchange was a bit flirty i mean, i suppose a human thanking a goauld for helping (as opposed to something like"thanks for not killing everyone on my planet" ) does seem a bit flirty and the fact that it was genuine makes my shipper heart jump with joy!

Comment

so do ya think if she hadn't said thanks that he may not have said good luck??
                            Yeah, well... he IS a Goa'uld, after all. It's not in their nature to be concerned about others or wish them well. And you could tell it threw him a little.

but there was a pause there... and it seemed like some kind of hesitation to me...
                            Hmm. After he said 'Good luck' he nods slightly. Is that what you meant? Looked to me as if he was making sure his words were understood - to underline them, if you will.

but still, jacob's "that was just creepy" cracks me up
                            Because he totally caught on to them flirting I'm with you on that one.

Also, did you notice how when he tells them he can't stay any longer, he seems genuinely sorry? Which, in turn, led to Sam being all 'That's cool, don't worry about it. We almost got it. Thanks for the help." He actually risked his life and stayed as long as possible to help them (or to spend more time with Sam )

Comment

You guys are making me like Ba'al more and more!

Comment

Dude, that's the general idea

Comment

Working...
                                X