Civilians carrying weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civilians carrying weapons?

I wonder what laws they allow civilians like Daniel to carry weapons? I guess under the same rules PMCs are allowed to carry overseas?

How about off-site in the USA? I think in Memento Mori Daniel & Tealc carried weapons?
    Last edited by GodAtum; 12 January 2021, 12:10 PM.
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
    I wonder what laws they allow civilians like Daniel to carry weapons? I guess under the same rules PMCs are allowed to carry overseas?

How about off-site in the USA? I think in Memento Mori Daniel & Tealc carried weapons?
    I mean, my actual response is that I have no idea and someone more knowledgeable is gonna have to answer this one.

...It is however ironic given the American love affair with firearms if working with the military actually restricts your access to weapons.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Here you go: 252.225-7040 Contractor Personnel Supporting U.S. Armed Forces Deployed Outside the United States.

It's a real world example but it gives you some idea how it works. They have to have written permission to carry weapons to defend themselves.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Interesting! Am I right in saying the US military cannot bear arms on US soil? In Memento Mori they carried weapons.
        "You don't know half of it".
        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I mean, my actual response is that I have no idea and someone more knowledgeable is gonna have to answer this one.

...It is however ironic given the American love affair with firearms if working with the military actually restricts your access to weapons.
          and would you be shocked to know that people in the military don't actually carry their assigned weapons around all day while garrison? that when they do have them, the don't have ammo for them? that by the time a soldier has completed basic training, one of the last things they want to do is to have their weapon in their hands?

Personally owned weapons by soldiers or civilians working on a military base? Again, is it shocking that this is not allowed? there is no open carry or concealed carry of a privately owned firearm by any soldier or civilian employee on a military base

that soldiers who live in the barracks can own a private weapon, but MUST keep their weapons in the Unit Arms Room vault? And one just cannot take the weapon when they want, like on the weekend. they must have the commanders signed permission and then they must sign for it and return it when they get back to the barracks--this includes archery gear and knives

your post is insulting to the professionalism of the American soldier,marine,sailor,airman and (yes) spaceman as if we (whe ni was in) live with weapons all the time and have some love affair with them

Comment

as for stargate, a show that was pretty good at being accurate to life -- except ep 1 when they had the airman in the elevator wearing a uniform with both sgt and major rank on it-- as with many things, the portrayal of civilians being armed on missions is accurate

daniel and the others- to include in SGA, would in all likelihood, in a real world situation, not be contractors, buy either Dept of the Air Force or Dept of Defense civilian employees. in the states they would not be armed, but only be armed for a deployment

when we deployed to iraq and later again to saudi, civilian employees were issued with either a .38 cal revolver or more often a 9mm semi auto. they are also equipped with kevlar helmet and body armor as well as a Chem Bio protective mask and suit

and these were only given to those employees who had a chance of being in or near combat. Like radar techs and other maintenance persons who would come forward and have to work on gear where it was positioned at

back to SG, so a Daniel type would have weapons and gear. Teal'c would be a foreign military serving with US forces, so he would be equipped same as US troops

someone like CAMILLE or Rush and others would NOT be given weapons as they were more of a admin type of employee. they would have been issued protective gear though

Comment

Interesting! Am I right in saying the US military cannot bear arms on US soil? In Memento Mori they carried weapons.
              Hmm, given both the timing of your posts, the nature of their content and the current situation here in America, I'd say you are trying to steer this conversation into something else entirely..topics that are not permitted to be discussed in GW

Comment

US military are allowed their weapons when training and when deployed in aid of civilian authority (extremely limited in scope and duration).

It is all covered in the Posse Comitatus Act.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                  your post is insulting to the professionalism of the American soldier,marine,sailor,airman and (yes) spaceman as if we (whe ni was in) live with weapons all the time and have some love affair with them
                  I don't think he meant it as an insult.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think folks need to please remember to keep this thread to the theoretical and that current world situations have no place here. This thread delves into real life issues it will be closed.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X