Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential new series enemy idea

Hello Stargate,

So I'm thinking that an arc could be based around finding worlds where the Goa'uld once had human farms - I mean 'had power' and explore the long-term genetic effects of the 'rotting strategy' employed by Goa'uld such as in Sg-1 with Hathor's 'breath', Vala's sexual forwardness with similar effects and how they coalesce into rotting genetics barriers that hold value ('power') and how that plays into their limitation against ascending. The line between effective ascension vs. illusory 'ascension' could be explored in how it relates to our psychology and physiology.

One enemy that they face in the rotting aftermath of the rotting power strategy is a species of parasitic wasps that lay their eggs in the women of the human species that mimic characteristics of fertile eggs to capture men's bloodlines. The original concept of the Hathor 'breath' is expanded into psychological and physiological triggers by both natural and technological means.

The nature of power is called into question as the differences between worlds that were once also occupied by the Ancients that were then taken over by the Goa'uld versus planets that were originally 'settled' by the Goa'uld.

I have some revelations that I'd want to save for the writers, if they shoot me an email. I've actually been thinking about this for quite some time, having grown up with Stargate.

QED

-One point being how the rotting strategy of the Goa'uld opens up vulnerabilities in the genetic and psychic layers of populations and how those would be exploited by 'evil'. Different strategies based on civilizations genetic history (ancient or other) and how they cope with the argument of the rotting strategy and the species of predators or parasites can inform exploration into the rise and fall of civilizations.

The philosophical question between predation versus symbiosis can be contrasted with the experiences of the team in how genetic life deals with the question that the Goa'uld strategy forces -how do we phenomenally discern what's parasitic versus what's symbiotic? What has a place in the universe, in living, versus what doesn't? Are there strategies that are intrinsically ill-fated to decay no matter what? Is the Goa'uld strategy similar or fundamentally different to our eating animals? If the same, does that mean that if we eat meat that the fate shown by the Goa'uld is ultimately our own? Is gaining power over another person like eating them? If so, how do we escape degradation over time? The morality of how we eat can be examined. How do we gain energy without falling into the same problem? The more complex the organism one consumes proportionally to intelligence the more power we get from it but the greater decay profundity. How does intelligence influence what we eat? Off-world theoretical species can be thought experiments. What happens when we eat new species and how does that inform us of how we are symbiotic or violent towards one another, culturally?

I see an opportunity for philosophers of biology to make a contribution.

Comment

Furthermore, is it necessary to eat animals or plants for energy? What is it about eating other organisms relative to their intelligence that changes our phenomenal experience? Is it possible to technologically overcome a need to consume organic matter? Is that even desirable?

Are there psychic consequences of killing and eating animals? The Ancients were known psychics, how do psychic powers manifest with power and do we see the pitfalls of genetic development in species like the Wraith or others? How do we develop into ascending beings?

I see a cosmic slice-of-life lens.

Comment

Working...
      X