SG1 Blu-Ray VEI.US & Canada Region A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 Blu-Ray VEI.US & Canada Region A.

On another forum a member there posted wondering about this new Blu-Ray. So it looks like VEI is releasing SG1 on Blu-Ray. Oh man finally and I can't wait until it comes out.

https://www.visualentertainment.tv/p...32989612540009

Mod/s seen I tried to edit the title. But it doesn't show up changed for the whole thread and just my first post. If you can help thanks.
    Last edited by SG1SGAp90; 14 December 2020, 07:30 AM. Reason: Title change.
    Sig coming soon. Member since 2005 and still no sig coming even in 2015 or 2016.

Unfortunately, only for the US and Canada, so once again the vast majority are missing out. If it's even worthwhile. "Super clean picture" doesn't sound very optimistic for such a price.

Comment

They released a DVD of it months ago. I didn't get it yet and won't since the Blu-Ray is coming. But someone on Reddit said they compared the picture with the old discs. Said it looked better than the old ones. But they were only a few seasons in when they posted it.
      Sig coming soon. Member since 2005 and still no sig coming even in 2015 or 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
        Unfortunately, only for the US and Canada, so once again the vast majority are missing out. If it's even worthwhile. "Super clean picture" doesn't sound very optimistic for such a price.
        To be perfectly honest -- I don't even trust the company selling the discs.

Also, why put Jonas on the cover when he only featured in one season, while Daniel beats him with 9.

The price is too cheap, considering what the "official" box-sets are priced at.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Right about the cover not having Daniel. But I don't see it as some big deal. Especially when the show itself being on Blu-Ray finally is what matters more than cover artwork.

I don't know what you mean about official releases because this is an official release. They have a deal with MGM like they do with others like CBS. It's cheap because they are a budget label just like Echo Bridge & Mill Creek. TNG complete series Blu-Ray is around $120 right now. I also got Star Trek TOS 50th set for $70 earlier this year. It has the 3 seasons, the animated series and the films. I don't think it was originally that much higher than this set is. It includes the last release of Wrath of Khan directors cut remaster too. So not like a studios release would be that much higher.

Although being budget they get what the studios gave them. I heard a few releases had some problems. Like with their release of The Sentinel complete series DVD that I have. After the first season the later seasons on every other episodes have audio problems. But it's only because of what was given to them by the studio that owns it. That was earlier on when they started as a label and don't know about their second release of it. Their release of Viper complete series DVD looks and sounds great. At least if there is a problem they have a note with two phone numbers for US & Canada and an help email if something is wrong.

Comment

Still doesn't make me want to trust them... Call me cautious.

Disc problems -- audio or visual -- is quite a big problem if you expect a good product, worth your money.

BUT I'm not in Canada or the USA, I'm in a Stargate dead zone, so just making an observation anyway.

Comment

This just seems textbook MGM right now. VEI may have official deals, but they seem such a small label to publish releases. This does not bode well if MGM does not want to invest anything in something themselves. Although I can partly understand as 20th Century Fox handled international distribution for much of MGM's library for years (which I believe is also why the MGM lion was never shown again at the start of episodes since SG-1 S8 or 9 onward) which has now been acquired by Disney.

Still sucks that MGM seems to have such a low opinion of Stargate that they are hyping it up on the one hand yet don't actually want to spend anything on doing something with it themselves. They seem to wave it off more and more with letting other smaller companies license it, VEI being the one for DVD re-releases, and otherwise have weird incomplete collections on Amazon Prime and Netflix.

There hasn't even been any official news about these releases.

Comment

This just seems textbook MGM right now. VEI may have official deals, but they seem such a small label to publish releases.
                We should just call it what it is -- low-budget.

Still sucks that MGM seems to have such a low opinion of Stargate that they are hyping it up on the one hand yet don't actually want to spend anything on doing something with it themselves.
                Hasn't been hyped since Stargate Origins -- and I'm not sure that could be called a succesful hype considering its problems or issues, and lack of follow-through.

There hasn't even been any official news about these releases.
                Probably because it's local only, i.e. Northern America.

Comment

I am intrigued by this release as I wouldn't mind owning them on Blu-Ray disc even if a upconvert but I shall wait for more news.

Comment

Does anyone know if VEI's "upsample" or "cleaned" version is the same bad PAL->NTSC pulldown as the other "hi-def" upsamples? SyFy and the other HD broadcasts out there are running everything a frame too fast (25fps vs. 24fps) and this leads to all the voices being a touch higher pitched, and all the episodes running 41 minutes instead of 43. If these upsamples / blu-rays are actually 43 minutes and run at the correct FPS, they can have my $130 immediately! Have any of you seen the DVD version yet? Do we have any way of finding out other than buying it and checking?

Comment

From another forum the BD info for the video is 24 23.976 fps.

Comment

Does anyone know if the SG-1 complete set are available in blue-ray in region B (EU)? Im desperately looking for a set but I can't find it. That complete set seem to be US only.

Comment

Working...
                        X