Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Trailer released today for the Bad Batch

if you watched the last season of Clone WARS, you saw these team of rogue Fett clones operate as a special forces type unit. Each clone with his own "enhanced" abilities

Will go into early Empire days... Fennec Shand is in it.. And did I see Wilhuff Tarkin?

Wonder what will become of them? In CW's they were not shown either way, as to what they did in Order 66, i fact, they may not even of had the chip installed as they were seen as 'damaged'.

Will they join the Rebellion?

to be released in 2021

I liked the bad batch eps
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      I liked the bad batch eps
      so, whats your way too early prediction on this?

do they have the inhibitor chips installed since they were seen as 'damaged' clones?

will they stay with the empire, join the rebellion or find a Risa type planet and retire?

Comment

I'd be guessing they are not chipped, and they will defect from the empire to the rebellion. We DO see Tarkin, and I assume he is speaking to them in the clip, but most Disney+ stuff tends to be on the "good guy" side of thing.
        We will see.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd be guessing they are not chipped, and they will defect from the empire to the rebellion. We DO see Tarkin, and I assume he is speaking to them in the clip, but most Disney+ stuff tends to be on the "good guy" side of thing.
          We will see.
          i have been reading some skeptic saying that DISNEY can't financially pull off all of these shows, i dont pay much attn to that side of things (i bet you could guess who does )

i DO KNOW that disney+ subs are beyond forecasts. they were expecting to reach 60mil, by the end of this year, instead they hit 73mil by last month. probably pumped up by covid, BUT ppl are just not going to subscribe and pay if there is nothing for them to watch

by contrast, a quick search (quick as in i didn't care to look all that closely) shows that cbs all acc has only grown by 4 mil subs this yr to a total of 17mil. Why? nothing good on-- just imo

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
            i have been reading some skeptic saying that DISNEY can't financially pull off all of these shows, i dont pay much attn to that side of things (i bet you could guess who does )
            A doubting Thomas who knows little about SW besides the movies?
            i DO KNOW that disney+ subs are beyond forecasts. they were expecting to reach 60mil, by the end of this year, instead they hit 73mil by last month. probably pumped up by covid, BUT ppl are just not going to subscribe and pay if there is nothing for them to watch
            Even just with SW they have enough series to cover all 4 seasons. let alone the Marvel properties. 8 eps is enough for a season (as in Spring, Summer, Winter and Autumn) There is plenty to watch and if they keep the same team, they will be fine. They have talented FANS, something Kathleen is not (she's a money person)
            by contrast, a quick search (quick as in i didn't care to look all that closely) shows that cbs all acc has only grown by 4 mil subs this yr to a total of 17mil. Why? nothing good on-- just imo
            Disney+ offers directed value at a reasonable rate for properties that hold interest. If I bought Mando on DVD/BR it would cost around about the same as what I have paid so far. CBS has Trek, and as much of a trekkie that I am, I would not get it because it's the only thing I would be interested in. What these companies have to realize is what holds the FANS interest for long enough and how to bring in new blood to keep it profitable. (fans can only do so much).
            Personally, I like the variable time's for eps, just enough time to tell the story you want to tell and then build from there.
            Tell the story, not the script.
            sigpic

Comment

A doubting Thomas who knows little about SW besides the movies?

Even just with SW they have enough series to cover all 4 seasons. let alone the Marvel properties. 8 eps is enough for a season (as in Spring, Summer, Winter and Autumn) There is plenty to watch and if they keep the same team, they will be fine. They have talented FANS, something Kathleen is not (she's a money person)

Disney+ offers directed value at a reasonable rate for properties that hold interest. If I bought Mando on DVD/BR it would cost around about the same as what I have paid so far. CBS has Trek, and as much of a trekkie that I am, I would not get it because it's the only thing I would be interested in. What these companies have to realize is what holds the FANS interest for long enough and how to bring in new blood to keep it profitable. (fans can only do so much).
              Personally, I like the variable time's for eps, just enough time to tell the story you want to tell and then build from there.
              Tell the story, not the script.

exactly

--DVD's? you still buy DVDs?

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                exactly

--DVD's? you still buy DVDs?
                Yep.
                sigpic

Comment

Yep.
                  reminds me of the last time i was in Saudi in the mid 90's. the most popular media over there then was BETAMAX

Comment

bloody army rat

Yes, still get DVD's and BR's, I like having physical copies of things. It's why I still get those strange papery things called books as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

bloody army rat

Yes, still get DVD's and BR's, I like having physical copies of things. It's why I still get those strange papery things called books as well.
                      yeah, my house is full of books.. built bookshelves in the basement a few yrs back. local library wont take donations anymore

hey,, you still got laserdiscs

Comment

Never got into laserdisc, never had a player for them.
                        sigpic

Comment

So after a bit of thinking what I'm betting is that this show is basically going to be The A-Team in space.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Coming to Disney+ May 4th with a 70 minute premiere!

Comment

Good first episode, looking forward for whats to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X