Ship Size Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship Size Comparison

Okie dokie, the other night while attempting to stave off increasing levels of being bored, I came across a YouTube video that compared the sizes of ships within scifi. Basically it was showing and increasing level of size, typical thing really.

After a wee while it displayed the Atlantis city ship, and then after it (meaning larger) came the Sokar built ship used by Apophis in Serpent's Venom and later destroyed after Replicator infestation.

This can't possibly be correct, can it? A Goa'uld built ship beating out the lost city of the Ancients?

Yeah I have seen those videos as well and there are usually more than a couple I disagree with, your example included. I will admit there are several times where I found the size of Atlantis to seem inconsistent, but this example doesn't seem like it could possibly be true in comparison to the largest version of Atlantis we saw.

Comment

Those tend to be based off the numbers on the wiki which tend to be based off of numbers from manuals and guides and whatnot whose accuracy is...debatable. Another example are the Asgard ships whose size make them comparable to Ori ships. But in battle fo the supergate, you can see a clear size difference. Something to note is that even in the series, I would swear the sizes keep changing.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

I think this is the vid you are thinking of

The problem with it is that it uses different dimensions to describe ship sizes. Atlantis is 5 km high but not that wide so it seems smaller than it is. I felt the same way when I first watched it, it seems wrong but thats an inconsistancy with the vid, half of the time it's height, the other half it is length (till you get into stuff like dyson spheres)

It's a great vid, but really inconsistant.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

That is the very video gatefan and good to know that there are others who find those sizes questionable. Thought i was going nuts there...which, admittedly is still entirely possible

Comment

Originally posted by alex_g_smith View Post
            That is the very video gatefan and good to know that there are others who find those sizes questionable. Thought i was going nuts there...which, admittedly is still entirely possible
            Dude, I'm so far past nuts its not even questionable.

And its GF, i'm everyones bitch, and you know what? I'm sorta happy with that.
            Love and peace.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Dude, I'm so far past nuts its not even questionable.

And its GF, i'm everyones bitch, and you know what? I'm sorta happy with that.
              Love and peace.
              You kind of have to be to work in retail
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                You kind of have to be to work in retail
                Then I have been nuts for a long time Jel.
                sigpic

Comment

Retail! Oh that explains it. And here I thought it was waiting for a new Stargate series

Comment

Working...
                  X