• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry On (1520)

Episode synopsis: TBA.

Original Air Date: 11/19/2020
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Well darn it. The finale hit me harder than I thought.

I just dropped my dog off at a dentistry to have surgery. And for some reason, I just realized, Supernatural lasted 15 years and my dog is 15 years old.

As an old dog it's a risk for him to be under anesthesia. So I am a bit nervous and concerned about him.

Between the dog hanging out with Dean, then looking up at Sam in his grief, and then the shot of him jumping up the stairs. Oh man, that was a lot. And then on top of it, the mirrored "It's okay, you can let go" conversations....tears were coming down my face.

I guess we can assume a good amount of time passed between Inherit the Earth and Carry On, obviously not a bunch of time.

I noticed the family at the pie fair, so I was interested in seeing where the case went.

I know some fans won't like Dean's death or that Sammy let I'm died. That I can understand.

But I do like that Sam essentially followed in his father's, or you can say mother's, steps. Having a family.

But it seems he didn't give up on the life, he had a bit of both judging by his son's tattoo.

I bet that was his wife Genevieve filling in the role, though some speculate that it was Eileen Leahy. If it was, I wished they were able to get the actress.

I feel like it was a good ending and addressed some questions. So Jack wasn't entirely hands off

Comment

Watched it twice, and yes I cried like a baby. I honestly don't know what to say about this ep, and me not knowing what to say is strange. Carry on my wayward son.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Supernatural episodes always hit me hard. They never failed to do so.
        This time it was different though. It felt kinda expected. I also didn't like the filler case just to get Dean killed. It all felt forced.
        The scene that did hit hard was the one with the dog sad about Dean, but that's about it.

Comment

Yeah, the minute I saw that rebar sticking out of the wall I knew what was coming. Having Jack change Heaven and Sam getting old was not expected however. I'm not sure what I expected from the finale to be honest. I've been watching SPN since the beginning and I get that people wanted -more- from the ending, and they really deserved it. The final scene on the bridge however was everything I expected, and kudos to J2 for doing it, and it not just being about them.

You know, the only other series that hits as hard as SPN is Trigun, and if you have never watched it mate, do yourself a favour and find it, that show, especially in the later stages when you find out what is really going on utterly kills me. Yes it's a cartoon/anime but *******........

No one knows what it's like to be the sad man behind blue eyes.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

This show went out in the way it started, it was always about mortality, the fight for life and family....what a ride!

SPN started airing when I arrived in Canada from the UK 15 years ago, I remember telling my daughter who was still living there that I started watching an amazing new show that was as riveting as watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer...didn't think anything would be better....at the time, but boy was it! I watched the episodes over the years and see all the places where they were filming that were familiar to me. The penultimate episode was filmed at the end of the road I now live in, it's almost like I've ended up hanging round with Sam and Dean in places over the years and shared the end!

The ending was what i wanted, Dean and Sam finally at peace. Dean letting go and let death take him on his terms and Sam accepting this and letting go himself and living the rest of his life on his terms to old age with a family and reunited with Dean in the afterlife, Jack gave them that, that worked for me.

Oh, and the choice of 'Brothers in Arms' by Dire Straits...oh yeah!

Comment

Working...
              X