X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inherit the Earth (1519)

Episode synopsis:

Originally posted by thefutoncritic.com
    Everything is on the line as the battle against God continues.A familiar face returns to join the fight.

Original Air Date : 11/12/2020
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

@Bagpuss thanks for the new threads!

I don't know what I expected, certainly not this. I guess I was kinda hoping it would get even darker in this episode. Though I loved the flashback to highlight how the brothers were paying attention. I like how it shows they are smart and observant, something that isn't always highlighted.

I loved the clips at the end, just so nostalgic.

Sure I am a bit overwhelmed with questions like, did Jack bring back everyone that Chuck wiped away even Becky? The way Sam and Dean talked about the people they lost made me concerned that the Wayward Sisters were gone.

And one last quibble, I would have grabbed the book from Chuck because even though he can't read it, he must know ways and means to do something that will bite the Winchesters back.

Not my favorite episode, I would have liked it better if Chuck just got tired of whaling on them and they made him realized he didn't hate them, he loved them and thus couldn't kill them. Maybe that would have been too much touchy-feely, but it seemed wrapped up too fast, maybe that's just due to the feeling that Supernatural just came back last month.

Comment

The question is, would ANY ending satisfy the fans of SPN? It's less of a TV show and more like an institution these days
      From what I have heard from interviews with J&J THIS was the ending and the last ep is going to be more of a love letter to the fans.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        The question is, would ANY ending satisfy the fans of SPN? It's less of a TV show and more like an institution these days
        Oh yeah, the fanbase is not necessarily split, but distributed across different interests. From the shippers, to the slashers, to the "purists" for seasons 1-5, to the folks I joined after season 5.

There's just so much that nothing could be created that pleases everyone without someone feeling like that got the short-end of the stick.

Take for example Castiel's confession and death. There are folks who see it as nothing more than a giveth and taketh scenario. "The show finally admitted it and then killed off their gays".

This show has been around so long and has changed so much because of it. It'll be hard for folks to accept what the show is versus what they see it or want it to be.

Personally, I am just assuming they can stop hunting (for the most part) because while Jack said he wants to be hands off, I can't believe he would like monsters, demi-gods, and demons exist that feed off of humans. Though groups like Garth are peaceful it doesn't mean that someone won't get out of line at some point.

Plus, Heaven needs angels or God to return or Heaven will just fall apart and all those souls will be released. So hopefully, Jack does something there to protect those souls who have died.

Comment

Working...
        X