• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 16: The Rescue (208)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE MANDALORIAN - SEASON TWO
    CHAPTER 16:
    THE RESCUE

EPISODE NUMBER - 208
    Din Djarin recruits more allies to aid him in a daring plan to storm Moff Gideon's cruiser and rescue the child.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 December 2020, 08:53 PM.

Why oh why did they have to bring Luke Skywalker into it... Could have been any other Jedi and isn't he meant to be a recluse on the island and an old man by now?

Other than that a good episode and will be interesting to see where they take the series next! Oh, and a Boba Fett show too!

Comment

Well, a Skywalker, & as you said, not just any Skywalker, but Luke himself.
      And as a bonus R2D2 as well, maybe we will get C3PO as well.
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

When is the Mandalorian set, its between ROTJ and TFA isn't it? So could be correct and maybe Grogou was one of the kids at Luke's new school he set up before it all went tits up...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          When is the Mandalorian set, its between ROTJ and TFA isn't it? So could be correct and maybe Grogou was one of the kids at Luke's new school he set up before it all went tits up...
          A few years after ROTJ isnt it, sometime after the battle of Jakku, Ben Solo probably isnt born yet

Luke didn't even introduce himself, of course we all know, but everyone there would be like who's this guy

Comment

What's the gap between ROTJ/The Mandalorian/TFA, I guess if its a big gap between Mando and TFA could be feasible... I'm just not a fan of EVERYTHING tying back to the Skywalker saga, thought they'd finished with that? Was it Mark Hamill de-aged or did they use another actor? Until R2-D2 I wasn't even 100% sure it was Luke haha

Comment

What's the gap between ROTJ/The Mandalorian/TFA, I guess if its a big gap between Mando and TFA could be feasible... I'm just not a fan of EVERYTHING tying back to the Skywalker saga, thought they'd finished with that? Was it Mark Hamill de-aged or did they use another actor? Until R2-D2 I wasn't even 100% sure it was Luke haha
              so ROTJ is 4 years ABY, battle of Jakku and end of the war is 5ABY, Mandalorian starts 9ABY, TFA is 34 ABY

im not sure how old Ben solo is in TFA, mid 20s to early 30s maybe?

my theory is that Grogu doesnt complete his training, hes a Mandalorian foundling as well and I feel like thats the path hes going to follow

Comment

I was just thinking if he stayed with Luke that means he probably got killed by Kylo Ren...

Comment

5 years after the battle of Yavin.

Damn good episode
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Thar green Saber gave him away and then those gloves confirmed it. I knew it.

I'm hoping this is a one off appearance to set up the exit of Grogu. I'm sure Grogu will be back after he finishes his training.

So we already have season 3 mapped out... Liberating Mandalore. Maybe Sabine next season. Sabine can't miss the liberation of Mandalore. Oh and Ezra will be there. Sabine helped liberate Lothal so that's the least he can do.

Comment

Why oh why did they have to bring Luke Skywalker into it... Could have been any other Jedi and isn't he meant to be a recluse on the island and an old man by now?

Other than that a good episode and will be interesting to see where they take the series next! Oh, and a Boba Fett show too!
                      i am with you.. f'ing skywalkers!! a family crerated by Palpatine to SERVE Palpatine. Having Luke in this is pointless knowing how the Skywalkers turn out

EVERYTHING Luke has done has been to serve Palpatine's plans. The strongest student in his new academy-Ben- was trained by Luke to serve Palpatine

so Luke, as he has been portrayed by DISNEY/LUCAS is a failure in the total effort of his life

Ezra would have been a far better choice--we already have a Thrawn sub story going on-- Gideon most likely serves him, Elsbeth we know serves him, Ahsoka is looking for him because of Ezra..and as for fan service, Ezra imo would have been a far better choice

and r2d2? really? why not just throw in Han Solo and f'ing Chewbacca into the episode as well? Millennium Falcon to the resuce!

the HUGE PLACE that is the sw's galaxy- in both size and stories was being made larger by shows like Mandalorian... having Luke show up to save the day JUST MADE THE GALAXY SMALL AGAIN

lets hope they do better in s3 AND 4--both confirmed--in making the place big again

Comment

I am guessing from the comments and lack of reference to it, that no one stayed around for the post credit scene?

it somewhat redeemed the let down of luke
                        Last edited by magi877; 18 December 2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

the issue with the Dark SABRE HAVING TO BE won in combat is not entirely true. in REBELS we saw Katan accept the sabre from SABINE with no combat in between them.. and Katan most def knows this

Comment

The thing that bugged me was that the Skywalker story finished with RoS didn't it? We're in the outer rim, bring in another Jedi, we know they're out there.

You mean the Boba scene? Will be interesting to see where they take that. So now we have a Bo Katan/rebel lady (forgot her name) spinoff, an Ahsoka spin off AND continuation for Boba. There was another two series mentioned, think one could be Grogous training?

Comment

She has to win it in battle because she lost the respect of the Mandalorians when Gideon won it off her.
                              That's why the Mandalorians won't follow her again until she wins it back.
                              They follow whoever has the Saber but now they know she doesn't deserve to wield it.

Comment

Working...
                              X