• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13: The Jedi (205)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE MANDALORIAN - SEASON TWO
    CHAPTER 13:
    THE JEDI

EPISODE NUMBER - 205
    The Mandalorian catches up with the former Jedi Ahsoka Tano on Corvus, where he hopes she will assume responsibility for the child's training. Meanwhile Ahsoka is on a mission of her own, requiring her to infiltrate a fortified city.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2020, 08:32 PM.

Ahsoka Tano and a Grand Admiral Thrawn tease! Wonder if he'll be the season 3 big bad? So Sabine might be somewhere else searching for Thrawn.

Just a thought, could Ezra come into play with that final scene with this temple, could he be the one who answers?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      Ahsoka Tano and a Grand Admiral Thrawn tease! Wonder if he'll be the season 3 big bad? So Sabine might be somewhere else searching for Thrawn.

Just a thought, could Ezra come into play with that final scene with this temple, could he be the one who answers?
      I thought maybe that too, but if that was a way to reach Ezra, wouldn't Ahsoka have done it herself, she's clearly looking for Ezra

I mean could it be Luke, or is he a bit too big a character, I feel like Disney are really keen to link everything together, so I'm thinking it could be Cal Kestis who answers

Comment

Cal Whostis? haha

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Cal Whostis? haha
          He's the players character in Jedi fallen order, he could possibly still be alive at this point in time

Comment

Ah cool, bought that in a sale but yet to play it!

Comment

Well that was a ride, not just Ahsoka but Thrawn as well?
              I have to say I was not overly impressed with the LA version of Ahsoka, she would have single handedly massacred that entire "base" in Clone wars or Rebels, and I don't think the look was quite right either.
              It was nice to see, but I'm not sure it was.... right.

As to the actual story, it was perfect, this is playing out like what a RPG ref would do, as did clone wars and rebels. Dave frelling knows how to tell a story.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Well that was a ride, not just Ahsoka but Thrawn as well?
                I have to say I was not overly impressed with the LA version of Ahsoka, she would have single handedly massacred that entire "base" in Clone wars or Rebels, and I don't think the look was quite right either.
                It was nice to see, but I'm not sure it was.... right.

As to the actual story, it was perfect, this is playing out like what a RPG ref would do, as did clone wars and rebels. Dave frelling knows how to tell a story.
                I thought the headdress looked very much like foam or rubber. But I'd imagine it's a really tough one to get right.

Rosario Dawson I think did a good job of the role, given that this is the oldest version of Ahsoka we've seen, but it did feel like she lacked some of that classic Ahsoka spunk.

I'm ok with her powers being made to be a little bit scaled down for the purposes of a more realistic fight against the base in general. But the fight with the Elsbeth really should have been more about toying with her than it going on as long as it did. Although we have seen the likes of Bounty Hunters and droids and other beings other than Jedi and Sith put up a fight against them in the past so it's perhaps not that unbelievable.

Fun little note. Because of how we only got it just recently where I live in Norway, Disney+ Dropped this episode and the finale to Clone Wars on the same day.

I did really appreciate the sound design in this one. I mean we know what a lightsaber duel sounds like, and they gave us something just a little bit different with sabers against beskar which is just such a satisfying blend of sounds. I also love that they kept Ahsoka's sabers the same as from Rebels.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I thought the headdress looked very much like foam or rubber. But I'd imagine it's a really tough one to get right.
                  We have seen better versions of Togruta in live action in the prequal trilogy and I was hoping that it would have been more like that than what we saw. you are right that it looks more "artificial" than what we saw in this ep, but it is a minor niggle.
                  Rosario Dawson I think did a good job of the role, given that this is the oldest version of Ahsoka we've seen, but it did feel like she lacked some of that classic Ahsoka spunk.
                  As an actor?
                  she did absolutely nothing wrong, but I guess there is a very large bridge between "snips" and the Ahsoka of the current timeline. My issues are not with the actor, but when you use a character, making it right.
                  I'm ok with her powers being made to be a little bit scaled down for the purposes of a more realistic fight against the base in general. But the fight with the Elsbeth really should have been more about toying with her than it going on as long as it did. Although we have seen the likes of Bounty Hunters and droids and other beings other than Jedi and Sith put up a fight against them in the past so it's perhaps not that unbelievable.
                  Funny
                  That's the part I was most annoyed at
                  Beskar is not the only material that can withstand lightsabres. I guess I just really wanted Ahsoka to say "I am no Jedi" in that fight. It's not a diss, I just think it would have been a more, true to character thing for her to say and help explain why she refuses to train the child, she's not a Jedi, they rejected her even though she was one of the people truest to the ideals.
                  My "beef" is more because I have been telling stories or living characters my entire life, I look at it differently, not everyone has that same view, and that's cool.
                  Fun little note. Because of how we only got it just recently where I live in Norway, Disney+ Dropped this episode and the finale to Clone Wars on the same day.
                  BONUS!!
                  I did really appreciate the sound design in this one. I mean we know what a lightsaber duel sounds like, and they gave us something just a little bit different with sabers against beskar which is just such a satisfying blend of sounds. I also love that they kept Ahsoka's sabers the same as from Rebels.
                  Oh that was frigging awesome.
                  If you really pay attention the sounds of the Mandalorian are a utter tribute to what has come before it. Go back at watch pretty any ep and you will find sound based easter eggs.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thrawn? He was mentioned? Have I missed something?

And about that jedi in the temple, I thought it could be Ezra too, but then maybe it'll be a new character.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                      Thrawn? He was mentioned? Have I missed something?
                      He indeed was. Ahsoka is hunting Thrawn, she says it the final fight with the magistrate.

(you only need to watch the first 20 seconds or so)
                      And about that jedi in the temple, I thought it could be Ezra too, but then maybe it'll be a new character.
                      Could be Ezra, Could be Yaddle, could be a new character, but given Dave's love of drawing on "legends" material, It could also be someone like Jorus C'boath
                      Last edited by Gatefan1976; 30 November 2020, 05:45 AM. Reason: found clip
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't believe I missed that.

I never came anywhere near the legends material so 8ve never heard of that Jorus C'boath.
                        But Yaddle didn't cross my mind. That seems like the most probable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                          I can't believe I missed that.

I never came anywhere near the legends material so 8ve never heard of that Jorus C'boath.
                          But Yaddle didn't cross my mind. That seems like the most probable.
                          Yaddle appears to have been somewhat retconned since Ahsoka said she'd only known one other being like Grogu.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Yaddle appears to have been somewhat retconned since Ahsoka said she'd only known one other being like Grogu.
                            Yaddle only appeared on the council in Phantom menace, by the time we meet a teenage Ahsoka, its 10 years later and Yaddle isnt on the council anymore, would a youngling have been aware of everyone on the jedi council, they could easily have never met

Comment

So the magistrate, Morgan Elsbeth,is from Dathomir- interesting. Not a nightsister though

Anyone else catch sight of Morai in the episode? up in her usual place

It seems that Ahsoka is not actually living on Corvus but is only there to get info on Thrawn from Elsbeth. So, how could Bo-Katan know that Ahsoka was on Corvus unless she is in frequent contact with her? Wonder if we will see Bo-Katan again this season? With the issue of the Dark SABER, I dont see how we will not

we know there will be a sanber fight involving Gideon, is against Ahsoka while she is helping Katan? Seems the last 3 eps may be a connected arc- may see all types of characters on screen

Comment

Working...
                              X