• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Hope Is You (301)

Visit the Episode GuideSTAR TREK: DISCOVERY - SEASON THREE
    THAT HOPE IS YOU
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301
    Michael is stranded after her jump 930 years into the future, and with no sign of Discovery is forced to trust a courier working for a syndicate of Orions and Andorians in a galaxy where the Federation has fallen.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 November 2020, 08:48 PM.

It was a bit weird how Michael was talking to herself as Lara motivates herself in the latest Tomb Raider games.

I loved this episode as it looks amazing. I have been in Iceland a few years ago, so I could recognise a few shooting location (like the Blue lagoon where Book has grown the plant or whwn they were fighting behind the waterfall). It is always nice to see episodes outside of the studio. I wish they would have the budget to shoot episodes in other countries instead of digital sets.

I loved Molly and how she was jumping in the lake at the end. Such little things can melt my heart as finally we could see a non humanoid alien and it was done visually like a movie quality. I am in love with the production / art work.

It was funny to see Michael on drugs as we could see a funny side of the character. Sonique is a great actress and she has proved herself. By the way I was expecting her Vulcan disciplines will kick in.

And what is the Burn? Was it named after Burnham?

I was also expecting Ferengis as the leaders if collectors. We will see how the season evolves around the heritage of the old shows.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That burn seems to be same thing as from Stargate Atlantis Ancients flawed technology that blow up stargates and Wraiths FTL drives. Kind of feels like same thing or the idea come from there as the modern day star trek copy everything from everywhere and dont have any original ideas for there own and never mind that they have one of the biggest budgets in modern tv per episode that mostly goes under CGI as it seems when they cant make good writing without plot holes
      sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Working...
      X