Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actors you would like to see in new series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actors you would like to see in new series?

What actors would you like to see in a new stargate series. (That haven't already been series regulars)

Personally I'd love to see some of the main cast of Dark matter in a new stargate series.

• Goran Visjinic (Doctor Who, ER, Timeless)
    • Noah Wyle (ER, Falling Skies)
    • Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)
    • Colin Ferguson (Eureka)

Visijnic - When I wrote my SGU fan-fiction, I imagined him as the face of my Colonel (Marcus Valerius/Marc Vale)
    Wyle - Barber / semi-professional chess player....solved the 9th chevron puzzle, just like Eli. But his internet broke, so Eli beat him to it.
    Sedgwick - High-ranking IOA official
    Ferguson - Medical Doctor
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I am sure they can find the available actors via casting in Vancouver. If you remember McKay's role was written for an other character at the first Atlantis casting news (it was dr. Indra as a South African character sor something like that I can't remember), but then David Hewlett has applied for the job and the rest is history now.

Since we had Travelers and Dark Matter, I am sure the producers knows from these past experiencex who they want to work with. I wish we could see Tricia Helfer, Lucy Lawless or Rebecca Mader. But it all depends if they want to sign a contract for years (who wouldn't?). Maybe the writers are looking for a slightly younger generation between age 25-35 while the middle aged actors or actresses would be supporting characters. It is hard and complex casting decision who will sell the show. As much as we love our "old" heroes they are 40-55 now, so it would be a bit unrealistic that they are still single, no partners, no child or children and they go to save the galaxy week by week. This subject is very sensitive so I hope Brad can find a way to introduce new heroes while he can close the fate of the existing one. Like Daniel is a professor offworld and he lives with Vala. Mitchell has setted down and retired with his highnschool love. Teal'c is with Ishta and he is a politician and a grandfather of three now. Sam lives with Jack in Washington and she works at the Homeworld Security with Telford etc.

It could intereresting what set pieces they can buy and reuse. I mean the Ori staff bots have ended up in other Merlin related adaption. Now the Once upon a time has ended and they had lots of medieval pieces, props and costumes, so I wouldn't be surprised if those could show up in the next SG show.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I do not care much who they cast, as long as the characters are interesting and challenging.

I knew no one from SG-1 except RDA (MacGuyver), knew no one from SGA (except Hewlett as McKay & apparently had seen Claire Rankin before too), and no one from SGU (except Ming-Na Wen).

There's a big pool of actors to choose from so I'm not worried about that really.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I am sure they can find the available actors via casting in Vancouver. If you remember McKay's role was written for an other character at the first Atlantis casting news (it was dr. Indra as a South African character sor something like that I can't remember), but then David Hewlett has applied for the job and the rest is history now.

Since we had Travelers and Dark Matter, I am sure the producers knows from these past experiencex who they want to work with. I wish we could see Tricia Helfer, Lucy Lawless or Rebecca Mader. But it all depends if they want to sign a contract for years (who wouldn't?). Maybe the writers are looking for a slightly younger generation between age 25-35 while the middle aged actors or actresses would be supporting characters. It is hard and complex casting decision who will sell the show. As much as we love our "old" heroes they are 40-55 now, so it would be a bit unrealistic that they are still single, no partners, no child or children and they go to save the galaxy week by week. This subject is very sensitive so I hope Brad can find a way to introduce new heroes while he can close the fate of the existing one. Like Daniel is a professor offworld and he lives with Vala. Mitchell has setted down and retired with his highnschool love. Teal'c is with Ishta and he is a politician and a grandfather of three now. Sam lives with Jack in Washington and she works at the Homeworld Security with Telford etc.

It could intereresting what set pieces they can buy and reuse. I mean the Ori staff bots have ended up in other Merlin related adaption. Now the Once upon a time has ended and they had lots of medieval pieces, props and costumes, so I wouldn't be surprised if those could show up in the next SG show.
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I do not care much who they cast, as long as the characters are interesting and challenging.

I knew no one from SG-1 except RDA (MacGuyver), knew no one from SGA (except Hewlett as McKay & apparently had seen Claire Rankin before too), and no one from SGU (except Ming-Na Wen).

There's a big pool of actors to choose from so I'm not worried about that really.

Completely agree with the both of you. It goes without saying the stargate writers and producers have been great when it comes to choosing new upcoming talent and picking actors for particular roles.

This thread is not to say "If you could choose the entire cast who would you like to see" but more "Are there 1 or 2 actors you'd love to see in a new stargate series"

Comment

Imagine you are a casting director. Then who would you choose? You need some eyecandy man and woman to hit the demo rating. Hehe. Colin O'Donoghue (Hook from OUAT) still has got a big reputation amongst girls.

But as I have said I am sure they can cast the right people to the roles as they know the local productions. I would be a bit more sad if there are not enough character moments or if there are not enoughly detailed background stories to show their true acting skills.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Imagine you are a casting director. Then who would you choose? You need some eyecandy man and woman to hit the demo rating. Hehe. Colin O'Donoghue (Hook from OUAT) still has got a big reputation amongst girls.

But as I have said I am sure they can cast the right people to the roles as they know the local productions. I would be a bit more sad if there are not enough character moments or if there are not enoughly detailed background stories to show their true acting skills.
              This is one of my worries as well. People have shorter attention spans now days and there are an insane amount of tv shows. I'm hoping we get a format similar to sg1 or atlantis where there is the main plot and side stories or something. I'd hate to see it take the path of something like Star trek discovery where it's just a linear plot that doesn't build out as much the characters and lore.

Comment

Let's keep this thread for actor choices. We have talked about the style or subject in other threads.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see some actors/acresses from soaps, telenovelas, action/adventure TV shows, sitcoms etc. to appear in Stargate. Maybe the writers could get creative and find a way to intergrate the characters they played in their original shows into an SG TV series. I think it would be interesting to see how both characters from other TV shows and their actors would click/work in another franchise.

Comment

Unless you're a high profile A-list tv-actor person... chances are more likely that it's the actors choosing to audition for it then the production going out of their way of handpicking their "favorites" and hoping they say yes to the dress... I mean, yes to committing to a series.

Comment

I believe he has talked about crossover characters.

The obvious choice would be X-Files. I was playing with the idea what Agent Mulder doesn't know about the SGC and he is obsessed with Asgard intervention (thanks to Loki). But the show has never revealed any aliens to him, so it wouldn't work.

I was thinking on BattleStarGalactica (2004). What if Kobol and the 12 Colonies were some kind of Ancient settlements 150 000 years ago? There was a scene when the star constellations were on some kind of Stonehenge type building. Wow. But what could you tell with this crossover? That the Cylons afe still out there? Why would the Ancients build this civilization a stargate free zone of Milky Way? sincs the gate network is million years old. Even Greek Goa'ulds can not be introduced because of the time gap.

Then I was thinking on FarScape as I have written it down in an other thread, but nobody was interested. So Chricton's wormhole would have ended up into a new galaxy where a new group of Ancients (they were also called Ancients in the FS lore)w ere experimenting with wormholes without stargates. So all the races and events could live there. The main problem is that although the Sebbaceans (Peacekeepers) have got Egyptian origin and they would fit into the Stargate's alien intervention canon that our main heroes have visited Earth in season 4 and they were revealed to the public in a soft way. So this Earth based storyline wouldn't match up with Stargate where aliens are still a secret.

I haven't seen Eureka or Warehouse 13, but maybe they could be combined with Area51.

So I am not sure it would be a working idea to mix any other tv show with Stargate into a common universe. I mean Jack Bauer could go offworld, Dexter could hunt down the Trust, but it would be weird.

Comment

I haven't seen Eureka or Warehouse 13, but maybe they could be combined with Area51.
                        Warehouse 13 is the attic of the world, so I wouldn't put it on equal footing of Area 51.
                        WH13 is more akin to The Library from The Librarian/s.

Eureka is a better fit, with regards to Area 51.

AND you should definitely watch both shows when you get the chance. I love both of them. Great cast of characters, and lovely stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I agree, since I think even a great actor cannot make a character or story that is written very poorly be great enough to bear a show for long

However, I would not mind seeing Peter Capaldi or Matthew Gray Gubler in a new series

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                            I would not mind seeing Peter Capaldi...
                            Only if he can keep his Scottish accent.

Comment

the first person that comes to my mind that i'd love to see in a Stargate show is Oded Fehr. He had a big bad guy arc over several episodes in Charmed and was in several episodes of season 2 of the V remake (personally he should have been kept on longer and not killed off). More recently he is in the 3rd season of Star Trek Discovery.
                              the second person would be John Lithgow, when i think of sci-fi his is one of the first names that comes to mind because of 3rd Rock From the Sun.

Comment

Working...
                              X