Save The Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save The Gate

A few links for those who want the return of the gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9lFo90Ajc

https://www.savethegate.org/

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

They have ignored the tweet storm, so why would they bother about any petition? BW is working on the fourth series, so I am not sure we need this campaign at all. TV industry is a complex business, so we can simply not see all the decision and financial factors what happens behind close doors. Sometimes I feel people believe that it is a quick process, while even if the new SG would be announced at first they need to find a home for it then rent a studio, hire the staff, cast the actors, prepare sets and props, write scripts, plan massively ahead of shooting schedulde etc. So it is not like that they order a pilot then within 2 days you can start to record it. Maybe any announcement would be delayed until they can reveal the lead actors, but then they have to make top secret auditions etc.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Wont hurt to take 2 mins and sign it though worst case we all loose 2 mins best case it makes a difference.

Comment

I know. I have signed it anyway. Just even 10 episodes a tv season is 40-50 million dollars, so it is a big investment and a few thousand signature won't represent the whole fandom around the globe.

Just check the SG RPG Kickstarter. People really wants more stargate so it was funded in less than 4 hours. If MGM don't realize the potential than nothing can convince them.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Do people not find this whole thing a little odd? I get the impression it's advertising for a youtube channel more than anything else.

Their video basically says at the end "The twitter stuff involving Joseph Mallozi did enough to help towards getting a revival involving Brad Wright, but MGM wanted 2.5million subscriptions for Stargate Command, so WE will be the ones to get 2.5million people!" followed by a vague mention of an "advertising campaign" (that it doesn't elaborate on in the slightest) if their petition reached that absurdly high number, but until then, "Here's a link to our site with a link to buy our T-shirts"? The video says they need to show "Commercial interest" in Stargate to MGM, even though they already know there's interest because they're engaged in talks about a revival, and a free petition wouldn't show that, and the rest of it involves giving THEM money for a non-descriptive "advertising campaign"?

They say the T-shirts are funding the "advertising campaign", but that is implied to only be something that will happen if the absurdly unrealistic goal of 2.5million people signed the petition. It just seems like a random youtube channel trying to get more attention and sell T-shirts.

Mentions of needing to show "commerical interest" but this whole thing revolves around doing something that in no way shows that because it's a free petition, alongside giving this channel money. With no indication at all of what that money is actually going towards because it's implied they'll only do something if it reaches 2.5million people.
          Last edited by TheVoidDragon; 17 October 2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Please bring stargate back with Brad Wright.
            when stargate was on, I knew that once a week I could forget the problems of the week. I could forget that I had a medical condition I didn't really understand.
            Stargate was my Safeplace .
            With all that's going on around us, in the world, with inflation making groceries difficult, we need another safeplace.

Comment

Yeah ok, this petition is basically inspired and recently received attention again by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-3sA1gzoDU

Joseph Malozzi picked up on it and reacted to it on his blog, where he practically confirmed what is said in that youtube clip of The Popcast:
              https://josephmallozzi.com/2022/09/0...-be-an-update/

So, the gist of it: Brad Wright wrote his script, he presented it to MGM and Amazon, and now they're ignoring him for 4-5 months already.

So it seems they have no interest in going forward with Brad Wright and his script, since they're basically ghosting him the last half year.

If that is the case: MGM and Amazon are not talking to Brad anymore, even after a social media campaign which lasted a full year, then why should we sign this petition or get back on social media again and ask for Brad's involvement? If they ignored the rest, why would they care about this?

As far as I'm concerned, the fight is lost.
              Either we get no Stargate at all, or we get one without Brad Wright, which sounds like a reboot from scratch, ignoring what came before and then I'm not interested anyways.

At least there are other franchises which DO move forward for a new series, e.g. check the Twitter account of J. Michael Straczynski, Brad Wright's equivalent of the Babylon 5 franchise.

There's a new series in the works there, with the actual B5 showrunner involved and he recently announced on his Twitter account that a secret B5 project has been finished with the original cast members who are still alive, which will be announced at next ComicCon and will be on screen before end of 2023.

At least some of the beloved franchises are still treated correctly. Unfortunately it's not Stargate it seems, I have just about given up on it.

Edit: Darren: wouldn't mind seeing an article from gateworld regarding that post from Joseph Mallozzi and your take on this?
              Lots of speculation ongoing on multiple Youtube channels regarding a new Stargate show, but the first time someone like Joseph weighs in on this.
              Last edited by DrMckay; 12 September 2022, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X