No announcement yet.

Dial the Gate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda like what they do for the Star Wars universe where they have like books on books on books of concept art, costumes and/or props and set pieces.

Though I once enquired about costume information to the people responsible for the LOTR franchise and they were unable to provide details. Same as we are not allowed sharing building schedules for the replica set pieces we build for Star Wars, for Disney.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If you remember I have suggested something similar 2 years ago on the SGC app as well. Instead of selling out all the artwork to different people, maybe they should have kept them together. I am aware of it that it is too late as sets, props, costumes were also auctioned, but maybe the concept arts would be the easiest to be released in a book format.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        If you remember I have suggested something similar 2 years ago on the SGC app as well. Instead of selling out all the artwork to different people, maybe they should have kept them together. I am aware of it that it is too late as sets, props, costumes were also auctioned, but maybe the concept arts would be the easiest to be released in a book format.
        I do vaguely remember that, and I would be first in line for that book. I absolutely adore concept artwork or set plans (I still have several links in my GW inbox).

Comment

Is there someone here who would be willing post in this thread anytime there's a Submit Your Questions For... video on the YouTube channel?

I am asking because I didn't know the Stargate Novelists Panel was going to be prerecorded, and I don't always have the YouTube channel open in a tab and when I do, I don't always going to the tab to check for that.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
            Is there someone here who would be willing post in this thread anytime there's a Submit Your Questions For... video on the YouTube channel?
            No promises I won't forget, but I could do that.

I see them appear regularly on my twitter feed. I'll post them here when they do.

In fact, the next one's are Jessica Steen (the original Weir) and... Bill Dow, who plays Doctor Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

No promises I won't forget, but I could do that.

I see them appear regularly on my twitter feed. I'll post them here when they do.

In fact, the next one's are Jessica Steen (the original Weir) and... Bill Dow, who plays Doctor Lee.
              Thanks.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Trivia 4 :
                https://youtu.be/e9RZrF97l6U

Somner and David invited me to participitate in DtG Trivia 4 game so you can have a look at me. I was really tired after work and I am not good at actors' names, but it was fun. I have to practice the Zoom functions as this was my first occasion. I hope my stuttering was not too annoying, but I had to hardly talk during this video. Have fun!

(By the way I would have known the answers for the name of the glyphs as the zodiac signs are 12 of them anyway. Haha)
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Trivia 4 :
                  https://youtu.be/e9RZrF97l6U

Somner and David invited me to participitate in DtG Trivia 4 game so you can have a look at me. I was really tired after work and I am not good at actors' names, but it was fun. I have to practice the Zoom functions as this was my first occasion. I hope my stuttering was not too annoying, but I had to hardly talk during this video. Have fun!

(By the way I would have known the answers for the name of the glyphs as the zodiac signs are 12 of them anyway. Haha)
                  That's nice that they asked you join in. I did watch it live and even submitted a question, but the question ended up being the one that was visible for a brief bit and David said something like "Everyone needs to go and watch Quarantine".

Comment

I believe it was the "Jaws" movie question.

I was not really introduced how I ended up there. This trivia night was not really about chatting as there were so many questions anyway. I submitted a lot previously and I won even two printed concept art in October. I was the quizwriter in the Hungarian community as well. And if you have been on Stargate Command there were lots of travel quizes as well. But there is difference between writing and answering questions under stress. Some of the repeated questions were all about the name of actors which are my weak points. Anyway it was good and fun and a realy privilage. I really appreciate they considered me as a challenger.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 20 June 2021, 05:01 AM.

Comment

June 27 is another Dial The Gate with Joe Mallozzi.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        June 27 is another Dial The Gate with Joe Mallozzi.
                        Thanks. The nice thing about the break between seasons is that I can get caught up.

Comment

Dial the Gate Season 2 starts this weekend.

Comment

I asked about the interviews going up on audio as a podcast and that is apparently in the cards.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I've been listening to Dial the Gate as I craft in my craftroom. At work I have to listen to Christmas music so this is keeping me sane as I craft.
                              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                              X