Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dial the Gate!

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...end-live-show/

So what do you think? Do you like the idea? Let share some feedbacks and suggestions here.

I am a bit confused what is this all about. It is neither part of the GateWorld's YT site nor the Stargate Command's YT channel either. I mean I am not so sure we need a third entity to divide the fandom even more. On the other hand, may e they can do more if it is an independent project. So we will see how it works and if it is worth of following.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

It's just another YouTube channel that Gateworld is running. Lots of YouTubers run multiple channels. Chiefly, it lets people opt in to notifications for content that is slightly different from what the main channel puts out, and, in this case, it ensures that the weekly live shows doesn't get lost amidst videos about Stargate lore.

Comment

I was planning on watching, but I seem to have mistaken the hour -- thought it was 10 pm (GMT+1) but it was actually at 8pm (7pm GMT).

Oh well, better luck next time.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The episode will be available to watch on their YouTube channel after the live broadcast (which starts 20 minutes from now).
        Last edited by Xaeden; 16 May 2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I have listened it for a while at the start, but I was not expecting that they will talk 2+ hours about the 30+ guests. It was a bit weird how Darren and David have referred to each other as "business partner" and they have interrupted each other a few times. But this is the magic of live streaming, I guess. This channel can serve as free "virtual con" for such fans like me who have never attended to any international con. It will be great to see the actors. Good luck, guys!

001: Dial the Gate Premiere (Briefing Room)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQP-3bnbAL0
          Last edited by Platschu; 04 October 2020, 02:36 PM.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I only caught some of the actual livestream as it was late for me, but it was enjoyable. Should be an interesting format for David, though personally I always preferred the more polished edits. Be a nice subtitle in lieu of the Dialing Home series. Fortunately these guys have the contacts and the content to talk about to keep this engaging and fresh for a while.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well, this certainly looks promising, considering they managed to get none other than Dean Devlin to appear on a future stream... considering his heavy dislike, to put it mildly, for the entire Stargate franchise beyond the original film.

Comment

Here you can send quiz questions :
                https://www.gateworld.net/dial-the-gate/trivia/

My quizmaster fan genes were activated if you remember the travel quizes, so I was enthusiastic and have sent at least 30-40. Then I was wondering how will they know the answers as only the questions were sent. Darren must have updated the site as it asks for answers now.
                Last edited by Platschu; 06 October 2020, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  My quizmaster fan genes were activated if you remember the travel quizes, so I was enthusiastic and have sent at least 30-40. Then I was wondering how will they know the answers as only the questions were sent, but not the answers. Darren must have updated the site as it asks for answers now.

Small oversight...

I have lots of questions too -- with my episode quizzes, though they are probably too easy (I try not to make them too hard -- sometimes anyway ).

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                    Well, this certainly looks promising, considering they managed to get none other than Dean Devlin to appear on a future stream... considering his heavy dislike, to put it mildly, for the entire Stargate franchise beyond the original film.
                    He also has Leverage 2.0 in the pipeline -- maybe he'll sneak that in.

I'm certainly very excited about that project.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I have lots of questions too -- with my episode quizzes, though they are probably too easy (I try not to make them too hard -- sometimes anyway ).
                      Yes. Two of us could fill up the database.

I have even made an error as my hard question was : "Which SG-1 episode was directed by Michael Shanks?"
                      Spoiler:
                      Ooops. None. Amanda Tapping has directed the 7x19 Resurrection, but Michael Shanks has written it.

Tony Amendola will join David instead of Christopher Judge this weekend.

Comment

I'm really excited about Dean Devlin! I hope David asks him about the could-have-beens, the thoughts his sequels and how they impacted (if at all) ID4, his involvement with Bill McCay, and the aborted reboot trilogy.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

It is brave that he is willing to come to the lion's den as most of the SG fans don't like him. I am guessing he won't be allowed to reveal to much plot details.

Are we allowed to send questions to guests? Or will they read up some comments from the live chat?

The roleplay gaming will be fun with the actors. Feels like a crossover with McKay, Ford and Eli etc. Haha. But I am guessing they will make new characters. Or it would be fun if David Hewlett would be McKay in a briefing scene etc.

Comment

It is brave that he is willing to come to the lion's den as most of the SG fans don't like him. I am guessing he won't be allowed to reveal to much plot details.
                            Without him, there wouldn't be any stargate to speak off... so I don't understand why they would not like him. He's the father of Stargate -- in a manner of speaking that is.

Comment

I really like him. I'm a big fan of Independence Day, The Librarian(s) and Geostorm, which he (co-)created, and Leverage, which he produced. I'm just not a fan of his and Emmerich's plans for a reboot, as with any reboot.

The roleplay gaming will be fun with the actors. Feels like a crossover with McKay, Ford and Eli etc. Haha. But I am guessing they will make new characters. Or it would be fun if David Hewlett would be McKay in a briefing scene etc.
                              I know I'm being salty here, but they technically can't play their characters since the RPG predates SGA and SGU. Though we don't know what McKay had been doing between his last appearance on SG-1 and the beginning of SGA.

Comment

Working...
                              X